Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

View Poll Results: Which of the first three tables do you prefer? (only vote if you've played all three)
Sorcerer's Lair 63 47.01%
Wolverine 30 22.39%
Captain America 23 17.16%
Don't like any of them 18 13.43%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2011, 08:25 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Zen Pinball - by Zen Studios

Last edited by Sun Vulcan; 04-05-2012 at 11:15 PM..
Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Got it. There is one FREE table "Sorcerer's Lair" in it. Gorgeous! Obviously by the makers of Zen Pinball Inferno and Zen Pinball Rollercoaster. Those were the first pinball games for iPhone afair. And I loved them.

Two more tables "Marvel Wolverine" and "Marvel Captain America" via IAP $1.99 each. Table "Marvel Thor" added Dec 21 '11 (same price) and "Excalibur" Jan 18 '12 for $.99. "Epic Quest" added Feb 15 '12 for $.99. Screenshots see below.

Free table Sorcerer's Lair:

After 5 minutes gameplay: Impressive 3D graphics. Cool light effects. Very good physics. Four flippers. Lots of ramps and animated fantasy elements and characters. Special launch mechanics (plunger) with a steam wheel! Three balls in a game.

Single player or hot seat mode (up to four players). OpenFeint scores (five leaderboards, nine achievements). With some story. Eight views in portrait and landscape orientation. Generous "shoot again" if you lose the ball early.

Professional voices (as far as I can tell since English is not my first language) and great sounds. Polished menues. Martial music (later on some hardrock and techno). Translated into German (written texts only). Supports tilt. Easy to trap (stop) the ball (when it's slow enough) for precise aiming.

touchArcade editor's review:
'Zen Pinball' Review - Popular Console Tables Released for iOS

Screenshots from iPad 2:

Without any doubt one of the best pinball tables in App Store (and I have almost all of them)! Don't hesitate and try it out!

Wolverine:

Again another ultra precise launch mechanism on BOTH sides (never seen before) for skill shots. Very pretty table as well. Three flippers. On rare occasions the camera zooms to the animated knight and other places. Perfect!

Have a look at the launcher (plunger) at the right side, love the pressure meter fitting (and it WORKS):

Captain America:

Three flippers. Ha! Some serious looking boss (movie character) walks slowly onto the table and checks it when you've lost a ball! Teleports. Detailled statistics after each game. Very good explanations of the table elements in the help file.

After that short time I can't tell which table of the three is the best. They are all GREAT!

More screenshots of the other tables later in this very thread, here you have the permalinks as a shortcut:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...8&postcount=61
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...2&postcount=64
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...8&postcount=77
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...3&postcount=42
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...&postcount=359
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...&postcount=398

And here:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpo...5&postcount=57

Highly recommended! The pure fun!

Marvel Thor table added on Dec 21st:

Excalibur table added Jan 18, 2012:

Epic Quest table added Feb 15, 2012:

Last edited by Habakuk; 02-15-2012 at 11:13 PM.. Reason: Added tA review and new tables
Old 11-29-2011, 08:47 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

How many tables can we expect at launch?
The app is free, how much are the tables?
Does the game include a vertical overhead view similar to the Gameprom pinball games?

EDIT: NM, looks like all my questions have already been answered. Hopefully all 28 tables currently in Pinball FX2 will be available at some point.

Last edited by Spamcan; 11-29-2011 at 08:50 PM..
Old 11-29-2011, 09:03 PM
iPhone 4, OS 3.x

i dont think Ive ever been more excited for an IOS title than i am for Zen Pinball. Great physics, amazing graphics, cool themes and fun tables. i love this on XBox and PS3 and between the two i own EVERY table.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:04 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

No Spider-Man or Fantastic Four? This still looks great, but I was hoping for those 2 tables to be included.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Awesome. 2012 will be the year of pinball on iOS! (2012 is starting early with this release, I guess. )

Anyway...haven't looked forward to a new release this much since, like, Deathsmiles or Final Fantasy Tactics I guess.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I much prefer pinball video games that attempt to simulate real, believable tables. This is something else entirely; you're playing a video game and are kept fully aware of the fact at all times.

The title is acutely ironic as really the gameplay is anything but "zen." Busy, busy, busy.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 PM

Say...what is the total uncompressed size of the app? Gotta figure out how much I'll need to be deleting.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:31 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Say...what is the total uncompressed size of the app? Gotta figure out how much I'll need to be deleting.
Download size is only 30.3 mb.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Download size is only 30.3 mb.
Good news! Cheers.