• Publisher: CS54 INC
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 9.9 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (5)
App description: * "At first glance, you might assume Galactic Nemesis is one of the many half-hearted, copycat shoot-em-ups you can find in the App Store. But it's actually much, much more." - TouchArcade

* "Galactic Nemesis is the first 80s arcade style space shooter for iOS that feels right." - Pocket Tactics

* "For the retro game crowd, Galactic Nemesis is a must-have for your collection." - Technology Tell

* "An endorphin shot of nostalgia" - Slide To Play

* "Takes you back to arcade space shooting without spending quarters" - AppAdvice

* "Retro shooters have never been more fun in our Galactic" - PopZara

If you're still not sure if you want to buy, read through the comments on toucharcade.com forum!
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=259954

Aliens are invading the galaxies and you're the only hope. Battle waves of alien races and defeat mega bosses with your powerful galactic ship. Each world offers a new set of challenges, and new species of fire shooting aliens. Upgrade your ship to help your conquer the challenges. Compete in over 36 (and growing) stages, then attempt each world's endurance mode to see if you have what it takes to save each galaxy.

Game features:
36 Stages + 36 Stages of Endurance Extended Play (more coming)
8 Upgradeable Ships
Simple controls
Retro 8-bit arcade graphics
Exciting challenges
Win challenges to earn coins
Upgrade ships to earn more fire power, special weapons, and shields

Super Simple Gameplay:
Drag and move to shoot

iOS 7.1 recommended for devices that cannot support iOS 8.0+

Reviews / Comments:
* Saw it, bought it, played it, loving it!!!
* Instabuy
* Wow this game is good!
* If you are a fan of old school shoot'em ups, give this one a try. It is absolutely worth it!
* Seesaa.net : (Fun)
04-21-2015, 07:31 AM
Thank you Pete!

If you love Galaga or Galaxian you will absolutely love this one. It is polished. The relative touch controls work flawlessly. The game runs on iOS 8.3 in full screen. There are no ads and no IAP! There is lots of replayability and lots of levels and enemy types with their own galaga'ish patterns. I cannot say enough great things about this one and for $.99 it's underpriced in my opinion. I left a nice review already on the AppStore. Definitely get this one guys and gals!

Billy

04-23-2015, 02:26 AM
Saw it, bought it, played it, loving it!!!
04-23-2015, 02:41 AM
Instabuy!

"To stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable."
Aaron Copland
04-23-2015, 05:07 AM
That trailer is killing me and I want it to never have existed. Mother of God.

Sweet game!
04-25-2015, 01:29 PM
Man! I was going through my watch list and found so many games I've overlooked....including this one. Looks like it hasn't gotten much attention yet. I'll try and leave some imps after I dig into for a few.
04-25-2015, 10:32 PM
NOEN,

I suggest saving 1,500 coins for the best ship first! Then work backwards. I'm still working towards it because I purchased the second ship and I basically wasted the coins. They are hard to get in later levels. Excellent game. It has the wonderful Galaga / Galaxian vibe and gameplay. The relative controls are excellent imho. Just a really well made and fun game that's well worth it's price especially for the older gamers like me. Galaga is number 2 on my all time favorite games list. I have it for every platform I own.

Billy
04-26-2015, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
NOEN,

I suggest saving 1,500 coins for the best ship first! Then work backwards. I'm still working towards it because I purchased the second ship and I basically wasted the coins. They are hard to get in later levels. Excellent game. It has the wonderful Galaga / Galaxian vibe and gameplay. The relative controls are excellent imho. Just a really well made and fun game that's well worth it's price especially for the older gamers like me. Galaga is number 2 on my all time favorite games list. I have it for every platform I own.

Billy
Lol, Damn! I read this after I already bought the second ship! How the heck do you earn coins in this?? It just seems so random right now. It just seems like coins will pop up when they want.

I'm loving the game so far though!!
04-27-2015, 09:38 AM
Wow this game is good! The fun really kicks in once you get the third ship. Skipped right over the second one. Thanks for the tip, LordShad0wz.
The spread shot is great on that one. Highly, HIGHLY recommend all you retro shooter fans pick this up.

Side notes:

-The controls work perfectly

-Great on both iPad mini with retina and iPhone 5

-Tiny file size

-Awesome menu animations when scrolling right/left

-Ships/upgrades/power-ups don't take long to save up for

-Bonus missions for each level set

-Game Center leaderboards

-Premium game: no ads, IAP, etc. Just one in-game currency. Coins

One little nitpick:

-Falling enemy bullets are sometimes hard to see. They flicker. I'd like them to be a little more visible

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 04-27-2015 at 10:12 AM.
04-27-2015, 10:34 AM
I am so torn on this one.
I have several games in my library of hundreds 'still haven't played them' games.. (You know what I'm talking about! HE HE) that look like they have a familiar game play.
Heck, it's just a buck. (Surprised it's not more) but, it's not the money, it's all those games i already have and room on the iPad. Sigh.....

Is there a large difference between this one and all the others? Would love to know. I'm not going to mention them here b/c it won't be fair to the dev. But I know the gamers here will know what I'm talking about.