★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ** ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME **
Lifeline 2 is coming soon! Grab Lifeline at half price and get ready for the next story in the Lifeline series!

========================================

[A] surprising iPhone and Apple Watch bestseller is pushing the boundaries of fiction - boingboing.net
This is the best game on the Apple Watch - Time.com

Lifeline is a playable, branching story of survival against all odds. Using your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch, you will help Taylor make life or death decisions, and face the consequences together.

Acclaimed writer Dave Justus (Fables: The Wolf Among Us) weaves a gripping interactive story through the aftermath of a crash landing on an alien moon. Taylor is stranded, the rest of the crew are dead or missing, and Taylors communicator can only reach you.

A totally unique experience enabled by modern devices, this story plays out in real time. As Taylor works to stay alive, notifications deliver new messages throughout your day. Keep up as they come in, or catch up later when youre free. You can even respond to Taylor directly from your Apple Watch or your iPhone lock screen, without launching into the app.

Or, dive in and jump back to earlier points in the story, and see what happens when you make a different choice. Simple actions can have a profound effect. Complete any single path to restart the story and unlock this mode.

Lifeline is a deep, immersive story of survival and perseverance, with many possible outcomes. Taylor is relying on YOU.

Internet connection not required. No in-app purchases and no ads.

Praise for Lifeline:

Ive played many games that I find engrossing, but Lifeline may be one of the first that changed the way I thought about my daily routine, which leapt off the screen and became a part of my lived experience. - Eli Cymet, Gamezebo

I felt an immediate attachment to a fictional character pinging me from a strange galaxy to my wearable. - Luke Hopewell, Gizmodo Australia

[P]laying it on the Apple Watch makes you truly feel like youre exchanging messages with an astronaut via a futuristic transmitter. - Michael Andronico, Toms Guide

For a few brief hours I cared really cared about the fate of a completely fictional character. I dont think any other game Ive played has made me feel that way before. - Matt Thrower, PocketGamer

Lifeline was created by:
Dave Justus
Mars Jokela
Dan Selleck
Colin Liotta
Jason Nowak
Ben Books Schwartz
04-20-2015, 07:57 AM
Holy shit...this has potential to be huge. Getting interactive lock-screen notifications? Is this a first on iOS?

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

04-20-2015, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Holy shit...this has potential to be huge. Getting interactive lock-screen notifications? Is this a first on iOS?
Indeed...

Would be awesome if things can get somewhat personal like when you can fall into arguments with this Taylor guy. Looking forward to getting this within the week.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-20-2015, 08:32 AM
This looks good... I will try it
04-20-2015, 09:08 AM
From the writer of TWAU? Consider my interest piqued.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
04-20-2015, 09:45 AM
Just bought guys. The Store trailer was enough for me to get it. I'm really intrigued
04-20-2015, 10:15 AM
Taylor?? Did this writer also write that game Mayday, where the character was also named Taylor and you had to guide him out of a space station? This could easily be a sequel of sorts.
04-20-2015, 11:02 AM
Is internet required?
04-20-2015, 01:18 PM
It looks a lot like the Mayday. At least the texture does.
04-20-2015, 04:25 PM
MFI support?

Haha, j/k!

This looks pretty cool, will definitely pick this up later.