Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

View Poll Results: Which of the first three tables do you prefer? (only vote if you've played all three)
Sorcerer's Lair 64 47.06%
Wolverine 31 22.79%
Captain America 23 16.91%
Don't like any of them 18 13.24%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2011, 12:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaklar View Post
Forget the rest...
Be careful. Everybody here loves Tristan and I was heavily criticized when I said that's too simple. Here we have the pretty other extreme.

Quote:
The Marvel tables are superb.
They are indeed.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:11 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Wolverine rocks!

I bought the Wolverine table which I am quite familiar with from my PS3 and, suprise to me, this seems to capture everything that the PS3 version has. Color me impressed!

By the way, this is a fantastic table. Is the Captain America table as good?
Old 11-30-2011, 12:24 AM
iPhone 4

Won't buy extra tables at £1.49 each. 69p each is a more realistic price.. Will wait for a price drop
Old 11-30-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleLimey View Post
Won't buy extra tables at £1.49 each. 69p each is a more realistic price.. Will wait for a price drop
Back when ya had to put quarters in a machine, $2.00 would of bought you 4 plays.

I suspect if you have any interest in quality pinball, you'll play the Marvel tables slightly more.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:32 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Don't wait for a price drop.

As far as I remember the old Zen Pinballs…

http://appshopper.com/games/zen-pinball-rollercoaster-2
http://appshopper.com/games/zen-pinball-inferno-2

(Strange: Obviously new published in February 2011. I am pretty sure Rollercoaster was launched by the end of 2008 and Inferno in February 2009 because I wrote a review on them.)

…did NEVER change their prices. They were $4.99 when they came out and they are $4.99 now.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Be careful. Everybody here loves Tristan and I was heavily criticized when I said that's too simple. Here we have the pretty other extreme.
Tristan is more akin to to pinball tables from the late 60s, early 70s. I don't fault it for that, nor for its simplicity, but it's not what I seek in a pinball table. I want a good scoring system, good ball flow, challenges, flipper control, etc. Zen Pinball has all that, and more.

On the other hand, I'm a freak for pinball and, for the past three weeks, have been actively searching for a real pinball machine for my home, preferably High Speed II: Getaway (an old fav of mine).
Old 11-30-2011, 01:12 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Own all the tables on the PS3, and I just bought all of them for the iPad. Amazing game.

Has anyone tried getting the tables on two devices with the same account? I assume it won't charge twice, even if one is an iPhone and the other and iPad since it's a universal app.

Look for me on the Leaderboards - BlueFrog
Old 11-30-2011, 01:41 AM

Actually, I think of the LittleWing tables like Tristan as the pinnacle of "computer pinball", the era that came between Pinball Construction Set and Pro Pinball series. The Zen/Pinball games are excellent but have far more in common with the latter.

Tristan is a favorite of mine, but as has already been said, this is an entirely different beast. Both might be pinball in their way, but Canfield and bridge are both card games too.

Looking forward to trying this (need to upgrade to 5.0 first). LOVE pinball FX/Zen on consoles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaklar View Post
Tristan is more akin to to pinball tables from the late 60s, early 70s. I don't fault it for that, nor for its simplicity, but it's not what I seek in a pinball table. I want a good scoring system, good ball flow, challenges, flipper control, etc. Zen Pinball has all that, and more.

On the other hand, I'm a freak for pinball and, for the past three weeks, have been actively searching for a real pinball machine for my home, preferably High Speed II: Getaway (an old fav of mine).
Old 11-30-2011, 02:20 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Bumping quote. Someone add this to their signature!
Just waiting for Pinball Arcade now...

I can't understand why legitimate users aren't updating...
There are a number of reasons why not to update that don't involve pirating, if that's what you were getting at. In my case, I never update to the first versions of a new series of software as it's always prone to bugginess, but in addition to that, I was waiting for an update that would fix Stanza, easily one of my most-used and most-important apps, (it has been fixed) and on top of that, I'm always worried that old games I love will break under the new software--that happens all the time.

The single biggest reason I was waiting though, is because my computer has issues that require a reformatting which I haven't had the time to give it. Most egregious of its shortcomings is its tendency to freeze, which would be a pretty big disaster if it occurred during the update process (which usually takes my device several hours since I have a completely packed 64-gig iPod Touch).

This game and the multiplayer function in Tigris & Euphrates has finally convinced me to take the risk, however, so hopefully all goes well and I'll be playing this by morning. So now I have to study all night without my music...

Anyway, just to say that there are plenty of legitimate reasons not to update one's iOS right away that don't involve pirating.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:49 AM
iPhone 4

Ah I see... This is just one issue that keeps popping up with a lot of unexplained emotions and exclamation marks
----------------------------------------------
Anyway, back to Zen pinball. Is it just me or is the studio supernaturally gifted in creating exciting (cough) wire ramps?