★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Grow, breed, and collect colourful Koi on the way to peaceful transcendence in the stylish new experience from LandShark Games Zen Koi. With soothing gameplay and a meditative soundtrack by System Sovereign and SFX by IMBA, Zen Koi is a unique blend of languid action and strategic collection. Level your Koi by chasing and consuming a wide variety of animated little fish. Find other Koi and breed to create rare patterned offspring. Progress along a mythological path of expansion, guiding your Koi toward its final ascension into dragon form.

Features:
- Free to play
- Soothing, intuitive gameplay
- Unique smooth flowing action
- Calming atmosphere and beautifully toned environment
- Hundreds of Koi types for collection, including hard to find rares
- Share Koi patterns with friends
- Limited edition Koi pattern awarded to the first players to download and play

Note:
Zen Koi is free to download and play. However, optional items are available via In-App Purchase within the game to expand upon your gameplay experience.

By downloading this game, you agree to our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy:
http://www.landsharkgames.com/terms-of-service/
http://www.landsharkgames.com/privacy-policy/

LandSharkGames's comments:

Zen Koi - A Tranquil Aquatic Journey

LandShark Games
Genres: Games Simulation Family
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Grow, breed, and collect colourful Koi on the way to peaceful transcendence in the stylish new experience from LandShark Games Zen Koi. With soothing gameplay and a meditative soundtrack by System Sovereign and SFX by IMBA, Zen Koi is a unique blend of languid action and strategic collection. Level your Koi by chasing and consuming a wide variety of animated little fish. Find other Koi and breed to create rare patterned offspring. Progress along a mythological path of expansion, guiding your Koi toward its final ascension into dragon form.

Features:
- Free to play
- Soothing, intuitive gameplay
- Unique smooth flowing action
- Calming atmosphere and beautifully toned environment
- Hundreds of Koi types for collection, including hard to find rares
- Share Koi patterns with friends
- Limited edition Koi pattern awarded to the first players to download and play

Note:
Zen Koi is free to download and play. However, optional items are available via In-App Purchase within the game to expand upon your gameplay experience.

By downloading this game, you agree to our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy:
http://www.landsharkgames.com/terms-of-service/
http://www.landsharkgames.com/privacy-policy/

Gameplay video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Supported Devices:
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPhone5s
  • iPodTouchFourthGen
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPadMini
  • iPhone-3GS
  • iPhone4S
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5
  • iPhone4
  • iPhone6

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 6.0

Download Size: 58MB

Download now to receive an exclusive LIMITED EDITION Orijin Koi!

iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/zen-koi-tranquil-aquatic-journey/id896575207?mt=8
04-23-2015, 09:50 PM
As a SG, I would like to congratulate the dev on launch. Looking forward on more fantastic games in the future

04-23-2015, 10:16 PM
As an avid Pocket Frogs player, this is an insta-get. I will probably throw money at it too if it's good.
Love the art in the screenshots, downloading now!
04-23-2015, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenken11 View Post
As a SG, I would like to congratulate the dev on launch. Looking forward on more fantastic games in the future
Hello there, fellow SG!

Thank you so much! If you enjoy the game, do tell your friends and leave a review in the App Store! It really helps smaller developers like us!
04-23-2015, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
As an avid Pocket Frogs player, this is an insta-get. I will probably throw money at it too if it's good.
Love the art in the screenshots, downloading now!
Oooh! We really like Pocket Frogs too here at LandShark Games!

Thank you for the compliments. Do let us know how you find the game!

And if you enjoy the game, do tell your friends and consider leaving a review on the App Store! We'll really appreciate it!
04-23-2015, 11:16 PM
Ohhhh! This looks extremely satisfying! Grabbing it right now!!
04-24-2015, 12:58 AM
Wow what a surprise gem! After spending a little time with this, I must say I am really impressed. This might even take the place of my daily pocket frogs fix!
The graphics and audio are top notch, and love the soundtrack.
Your koi live in a pond, filled with plants and other creatures. You guide your koi around with your finger, and try to eat the small bits of algea and other little fish. As you eat, your koi levels up and get bigger!
Not only that, but there's also a stat system for the individual koi, and as you grow the, you can choose to put points into different stats. Speed helps them to catch faster prey, agility helps them to turn and increase the "gulp distance" (lol) and rarity increases chances of rare offspring. Pretty cool!
On top of that, there is a kind of crafting system - eating certain amounts of certain types of prey allows you to create gems which you then bring to different symbols in the pond, and this will increase the pond size!

There's actually a lot more to this than it seems at first.

Love this, and hope to see more. This is the new pocket frogs for me. So satisfying to watch my koi grow. And apparently after some stage of evolution they turn into dragons??!! What?!! Can't wait to see that.

Thanks devs, this game scratches a certain itch that I haven't been able to satisfy in a while!

One suggestion so far: PLEASE allow me to play in Landscape view.
04-24-2015, 02:15 AM
Zen Koi is my daily stress free moment after work, simply loving it
04-24-2015, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
Wow what a surprise gem! After spending a little time with this, I must say I am really impressed. This might even take the place of my daily pocket frogs fix!
The graphics and audio are top notch, and love the soundtrack.
Your koi live in a pond, filled with plants and other creatures. You guide your koi around with your finger, and try to eat the small bits of algea and other little fish. As you eat, your koi levels up and get bigger!
Not only that, but there's also a stat system for the individual koi, and as you grow the, you can choose to put points into different stats. Speed helps them to catch faster prey, agility helps them to turn and increase the "gulp distance" (lol) and rarity increases chances of rare offspring. Pretty cool!
On top of that, there is a kind of crafting system - eating certain amounts of certain types of prey allows you to create gems which you then bring to different symbols in the pond, and this will increase the pond size!

There's actually a lot more to this than it seems at first.

Love this, and hope to see more. This is the new pocket frogs for me. So satisfying to watch my koi grow. And apparently after some stage of evolution they turn into dragons??!! What?!! Can't wait to see that.

Thanks devs, this game scratches a certain itch that I haven't been able to satisfy in a while!

One suggestion so far: PLEASE allow me to play in Landscape view.
Wow thanks for that glowing review! It really makes developers like us happy to read how much you guys enjoy our game!

Unfortunately, we can't promise you landscape view right now, as we are a really small team and we are tied up right now with a billion other little things. I hope you'll understand! But we'll definitely be keeping an eye out for similar requests!

Anyway, really glad you like the game! Do consider telling your friends and leaving a review on the App Store!

Last edited by LandSharkGames; 04-24-2015 at 07:08 AM.
04-24-2015, 06:12 AM
Very good game and very fair with the F2p, really enjoying this one!