11-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Not stretched, but the graphics are the same as on a ps2 version, with black borders around the movie box. Not impressed with the cutscenes at all. But no, they aren't stretched.

In-game the graphics are... passable. They are occasionally pixelated, but not enough that it looks horrible. It's almost stylish, just not very good...

From what I remember of the PS2 version, there was on open-world element to it.

I can't talk much more about it, I need to go somewhere, but once I'm back I'll play it and post more impressions.
This is not a retina game.

Gameplay is pretty good btw from my experience
11-30-2011, 08:22 PM
How do the HD graphic enhancements look on the ipad2?

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga

11-30-2011, 09:34 PM
** HD on iPhone 4S and iPad 2, with 60Hz display refresh with in-game “Battery Savings” option turned off.**

Does this mean there's an option to turn this on but it drains your battery fast?
11-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMarceLF View Post
What kind of iDevice do you have? 4 or 4s? It's supposed to scale graphic options depending on the device you own. I'm sure on a 4s/iPad 2 it must look great.
Iphone 4 here, and I'm not sure it would look that much better on a 4S. That's not to say it looks bad though, by no means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpionxd View Post
This is not a retina game.

Gameplay is pretty good btw from my experience
I know it's not retina...

The gameplay is actually quite fun. I'm impressed how they handled the controls, actually, they're pretty good. I thought the use of the touch screen in addition to the traditional joystick was pretty awesome.

There's another (default) option in the menu for controls - "touch", but I don't want to use it, joystick serves me just fine.

I think I feel the same way about this that I do about Aralon - the game is not the best looking, but there's a lot of game to enjoy.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
11-30-2011, 10:03 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-bards-tale/id480375355?mt=8

Now out in the US! It's a dollar cheaper than expected too, $5.99.

Twitter: @back2this
11-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Impressions now!!!

All you people with fios should already have this installed.
11-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Should be out everywhere now... Impressions, please!

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
11-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Still alittle on the fence if this is open world or no

Tester of over 30 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudgenudge View Post
Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
11-30-2011, 10:26 PM
So THAT'S where inXile's been.

GC:SunScape | Plus+:MysticSun | Other:MystikSun
Youtube: SunScapeUPSB | PSN: mudkiprulz|
11-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Deleting half my MP3s... preparing to sync to iTunes over DSL... if I'm not back in 2 hours assume the game is really good or my iPod melted.

Edit: Make that 3-4 hours for download.

Last edited by undeadcow; 11-30-2011 at 11:20 PM.