★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-30-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Not stretched, but the graphics are the same as on a ps2 version, with black borders around the movie box. Not impressed with the cutscenes at all. But no, they aren't stretched.

In-game the graphics are... passable. They are occasionally pixelated, but not enough that it looks horrible. It's almost stylish, just not very good...

From what I remember of the PS2 version, there was on open-world element to it.

I can't talk much more about it, I need to go somewhere, but once I'm back I'll play it and post more impressions.
This is not a retina game.

Gameplay is pretty good btw from my experience
11-30-2011, 08:22 PM
How do the HD graphic enhancements look on the ipad2?

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga

11-30-2011, 09:34 PM
** HD on iPhone 4S and iPad 2, with 60Hz display refresh with in-game “Battery Savings” option turned off.**

Does this mean there's an option to turn this on but it drains your battery fast?
11-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by JMarceLF View Post
What kind of iDevice do you have? 4 or 4s? It's supposed to scale graphic options depending on the device you own. I'm sure on a 4s/iPad 2 it must look great.
Iphone 4 here, and I'm not sure it would look that much better on a 4S. That's not to say it looks bad though, by no means.

Originally Posted by scorpionxd View Post
This is not a retina game.

Gameplay is pretty good btw from my experience
I know it's not retina...

The gameplay is actually quite fun. I'm impressed how they handled the controls, actually, they're pretty good. I thought the use of the touch screen in addition to the traditional joystick was pretty awesome.

There's another (default) option in the menu for controls - "touch", but I don't want to use it, joystick serves me just fine.

I think I feel the same way about this that I do about Aralon - the game is not the best looking, but there's a lot of game to enjoy.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
11-30-2011, 10:03 PM

Now out in the US! It's a dollar cheaper than expected too, $5.99.

Twitter: @back2this
11-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Impressions now!!!

All you people with fios should already have this installed.
11-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Should be out everywhere now... Impressions, please!

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)
11-30-2011, 10:23 PM
Still alittle on the fence if this is open world or no

Tester of over 30 games
Originally Posted by Nudgenudge View Post
Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
11-30-2011, 10:26 PM
So THAT'S where inXile's been.

GC:SunScape | Plus+:MysticSun | Other:MystikSun
Youtube: SunScapeUPSB | PSN: mudkiprulz|
11-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Deleting half my MP3s... preparing to sync to iTunes over DSL... if I'm not back in 2 hours assume the game is really good or my iPod melted.

Edit: Make that 3-4 hours for download.

Last edited by undeadcow; 11-30-2011 at 11:20 PM.