★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
11-30-2011, 05:31 AM
YAY! It already comes out? 5,- € is a steal for this, this is a full port of the PC original game. Hours and hours and hours of gameplay! And the 3GS is supported, hurray!
This just p'wned IB2.
11-30-2011, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx8305 View Post
Exactly! So many of us want this platform to evolve into something greater yet when we get a game like this, the first page already has price and size complaints.
I don't think I saw a single complaint. You saw what you wanted to see.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.

11-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Lol bit pricey so will wait on impressions
Quote:
Note the size too.
Within the first two replies.
11-30-2011, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx8305 View Post
Within the first two replies.
Okay, price yes, I concede that point.

The size I was just pointing out - since this is the first app I know of that is over 1GB download. Even IB2 is less. (That's why it's bold in the first post)

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
11-30-2011, 05:43 AM
I had the original on my PC...!
Will pick it up when it becomes available in EU..

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7
11-30-2011, 05:45 AM
Oh boy, a console-quality release from 7 years ago. We are really being spoiled.

Game wasn't that great back then, either.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
11-30-2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Okay, price yes, I concede that point.

The size I was just pointing out - since this is the first app I know of that is over 1GB download. Even IB2 is less. (That's why it's bold in the first post)
The eye roll sure makes it look like a complaint. None the less, there's no point in ticky tacky arguing. It just frustrates me that the people on this forum, who are by far some of the most hardcore gamers on this platform (much more than the avg. iPhone/iPad/iPod touch user), still find reasons to complain over a game like this. We should all be ecstatic to have the ability to play this on our iDevices.
11-30-2011, 05:54 AM
Is this a remake of 1985 one I played on spectrum 128k in 1988 which looking on a website cost 8.95
The Bards Tale worldofspectrum
11-30-2011, 05:56 AM
The Bard's Tale and IFII on the same night? All we need now is for Prevail to come roaring through the clouds (and for yonder cowboy simulation from Gameloft to mosey on into town), and this week's thursday release will cause a unprecedented drop in productivity in industrialized countries

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
11-30-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbowlofjelly View Post
Is this a remake of 1985 one I played on spectrum 128k in 1988 which looking on a website cost 8.95
The Bards Tale worldofspectrum
This is the 2000s reboot where they turned it into a very funny plot-driven hack and slash.