★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *Enhanced for the new iPad!*

*****BigBot Smash, the amazingly fun and stress-relieving city stomping arcade game, is now FREE!*****

"[This] top-down urban robotic rampage offers destructive fun, especially if you love big bots (and smashing stuff up!)." - TouchArcade (4/5 Stars)

Humans have been oppressing you for decades, terrorizing robot-kind just because youre big, metallic and scary. Youve tolerated it long enough, but now theyve made you mad. Mad enough to smash!

Humans have dismantled your robot sweetheart and scattered the pieces across the globe. So now its time for them to pay, and for true love to triumph. March across the globe and smash through the worlds cities to recover your sweethearts parts.

Key Game Features
Insanely fun pick-up-and-play gameplay. Tap to shoot or smash, and tilt or swipe to move. Then watch the buildings and humans fall by the wayside.
Three distinct robots to control: the tough Blockbot, wheel-riding Cyclobot, and hovering Grimbot.
Collect upgrade parts and advance your robot to lethal heights with upgrades like the Death Ray, Antimatter Pulse, and the 5 Million Angry Hamsters power source.
Over 20 different cities to smash through, with unique city music that puts you in a globetrotting mood.
Extra game modes including Survival and Speed Demolition.
Multiple control methods so you can guide your robot rampage via simple swiping or tilting.

Echoseven's comments:

11-30-2011, 06:10 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
got a pre-release copy of this... and...

after you get use to the controls, it's not too bad. It really seems like (so far) all I'm doing is smashing a certain amount of buildings looking for pieces of hearts to clear the level. The tilt controls are WAY weird (needing to flip your device to turn around, and tilt to uncomfortable positions to turn), but the touch controls aren't too bad, though they do take some getting use to. Maybe I"m just not comfortable with the whole 3D destruction game idea yet...

For a buck, it's hard to say stay away, because I find it hard that you won't get your dollars worth of entertainment out of it... the upgrades are interesting, and it is always going to be nice being able to blow up a bus, or destroy a cop car. =oD

There are 3 modes, which helps with the replay value, and desire to keep playing, as they all offer something different. Main Campaign (find the hearts), Speed Demolition (destroy a certain % of the city within the time limit), and Survival (how long can you last) - and the tutorial is simple enough to fly through in 15-30 seconds...

I'll post more once I get further in the game... but right now, it's not a bad game if you're looking for something casual to snag that'll take you away from the (hardcore?) gameplay that'll come along with IB2...

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid

11-30-2011, 06:45 AM
hmm... looks pretty nice actually graphics not the best though...

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
11-30-2011, 06:48 AM
yeah, the graphics are pretty dull... hardly any detail at all... and you can't see very far ahead, especially after you destroy a couple buildings and there's a whole bunch of debris on the ground... =o/

Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
syntheticvoid
11-30-2011, 07:56 AM
May have taken some inspiration from Blast Corps (N64).

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
12-01-2011, 04:54 AM
More like Mega Monsters by Firemint...
12-01-2011, 05:41 AM
Has anyone noticed that the Cyclobot (the robot on a wheel) can move straight through intact buildings and out the other side, without them having collapsed?

řƹȡ1
12-01-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
Has anyone noticed that the Cyclobot (the robot on a wheel) can move straight through intact buildings and out the other side, without them having collapsed?
I haven't had this happen...

Have you had it happen on an iPod as well? Or just your iPad?

I'm also having quite a bit of trouble with the controls... they're just... wow. They need a LOT of work. Swiping usually reads as tapping, tapping as swiping, tapping as double tapping, double tapping as swiping... it's a mess.

syntheticvoid