★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 'App of the Day' : EuroGamer

148Apps: "4/5 - Ski Solitaire has come along at the perfect time to reinvigorate the solitaire loving part of my mind."

Enjoy Golf Solitaire or Tri Peaks Solitaire? Then you'll love Ski Solitaire for the iPad, an exciting and addictive card game with course hazards, unpredictable weather, a ski shop, and a 100 handcrafted levels that will keep you playing for hours and hours.

5/5 "... takes the ultimate classic card game and turns it into something really special" - theiPhoneAppReview.com

AppGemeinde.de: "5/6 - Ski Solitaire finally takes the classic card game in a new and refreshing direction."

Ski Solitaire is probably the most entertaining version of solitaire that Ive played so far - TouchArcade forum user

From forest covered valleys to the ice-capped mountains, players will have to use their wits to complete the course objectives. Clear the screen of cards to earn money whilst using the special gate cards to extend your streaks and reach the highest multipliers. Purchase powerups (such as ski goggles, gloves and even underpants!) in the Ski Shop using the in-game virtual currency to help you on the way to becoming the Ski Solitaire World Champion.

Features include:

Bright, colourful and humorous art design
Six quirky characters to choose from
100 Challenging levels in 10 unique locations
Overcome Forest and Ice Hazards cards with strategic game play
Unpredictable weather forecasts
Purchase power-ups from the ski shop
Game Center achievements and leaderboards - perfect for bragging rights!
Suitable for all ages
Free of charge updates planned for the future

STAY UP TO DATE:
Follow Ski Solitaire on Twitter @GreenflyStudios

For more information or support, please visit www.greenflystudios.com

GreenflyStudios's comments:

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ski-solitaire/id514029474?ls=1&mt=8

Visit the Official Web Site:
------------------
http://www.skisolitaire.com

View the trailer and learn more!
------------------

Device Requirements
* Compatible with iPad(TM)
* Requires iOS 4.2 or later
* 65 MB

Pricing and Availability
Ski Solitaire is priced at 1.99/$2.99 (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and is available worldwide through the App Store in the Games category.

For further information and for review copies, please contact:

Stephen Morris
+44 (0) 7855 378833
Greenfly Studios Ltd
press@greenflystudios.com

Follow us on Twitter @GreenflyStudios to keep up to date on all of our games!
11-30-2011, 09:10 AM
I meant to check this game out the other day the first time a thread was posted. Is there a lite version planned?

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

12-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi CzarCastic

Not at the moment. We are currently making Ski Solitaire iPhone compatible as well as porting it to the Mac and PC but we will keep you updated if we decide to create a lite version in the future.
12-01-2011, 02:20 PM
My wife and I love this game, it is one of the better Solitaire games out there and the theme is great.
12-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
My wife and I love this game, it is one of the better Solitaire games out there and the theme is great.
Damn it, BT. Every time you post something like this, I feel obligated to buy the game.

Edit: So...as usual, BT, you didn't steer me wrong. Based on the two hours that I have played at my desk this afternoon, I'd have to say that Ski Solitaire is probably the most entertaining version of solitaire that I've played so far. It doesn't take things too seriously. It gives enough of a challenge that you can't just tear through the game. And, I like the addition of the powerups and store upgrades. If you're a fan of solitaire card games, then you should have this.

Last edited by CzarCastic; 12-01-2011 at 04:16 PM.
12-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Damn it, BT. Every time you post something like this, I feel obligated to buy the game.

Edit: So...as usual, BT, you didn't steer me wrong. Based on the two hours that I have played at my desk this afternoon, I'd have to say that Ski Solitaire is probably the most entertaining version of solitaire that I've played so far. It doesn't take things too seriously. It gives enough of a challenge that you can't just tear through the game. And, I like the addition of the powerups and store upgrades. If you're a fan of solitaire card games, then you should have this.
Damn both Czar, and BT. I trust both your opinions, and so what am I to do? Probably buy it this weekend, although, I did just get Bards Tale, and am not sure I should get distracted before I start it - it would be another new game gathering dust in my iPad.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
12-01-2011, 06:32 PM
This looks rather similar to Fairway Golf and Faerie Solitaire. Anything to distinguish it?
12-01-2011, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
This looks rather similar to Fairway Golf and Faerie Solitaire. Anything to distinguish it?
I've not played either of these...even though I have both.

I would compare Ski Solitaire to Spider Solitaire, or maybe Tripeaks. The game is organized into stages. Each stage has a specific card formation, but the cards appear to be randomly dealt into said formation. You play like Spider Solitaire (or maybe it's Klondike), placing cards onto one discard pile. The only thing that matters is card value (+/- one number). As you play each stage, you earn in-game money that can be used to purchase various items to help you along the way. There are special cards placed on the board to help or hinder your progress. You unlock subsequent stages by reach certain milestones or earning enough money. It's very addictive. Since I bought the game at around 2:30pm this afternoon, I've probably played for 3+ hours...seriously. However, I will add that I'm a Solitaire junkie and have played hundreds of games on my PC (you know, the game that comes package with every computer). If you like solitaire, you will definitely like Ski Solitaire. It adds just enough to make the game new again. Just my $0.02.

12-01-2011, 11:32 PM
I am fond of playing on this kind of devices. am, much comfortable using this.
12-01-2011, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
My question exactly as Ice in this game appears identical to Fairway's Water Hazards and the Forest is like the Sand Trap.

I'm intrigued but hope this game something to separate itself from Fairway Solitaire.

Does the game track your best score per location (set if 10 levels)?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews