★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
12-02-2011, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Does the game track your best score per location (set if 10 levels)?
No, it doesn't appear to.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
12-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Is there any IAP?

12-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Is there any IAP?
No. Money earned for buying in-game stuff is earned by playing the game.

12-02-2011, 11:50 AM
@BazookaTime:
We're very happy that both you and your wife are enjoying 'Ski Solitaire' - thank you for your positive feedback.

@CzarCastic:
Thank you for your kind words - comments such as yours make us very happy here at Greenfly Studios! Many thanks as well for taking the time to answer other user's questions.

@LordGek / Misguided :
Ski Solitaire shares a similar game mechanic to that of Fairway Solitaire / Faerie Solitaire. Both Forest and Ice cards block off parts of each level. To unlock the ice cards, you would need to find a 'Sun' card to melt them. For the Forest cards, you have to remove each one and upon completion, the locked area is made available. If you like either of those two games, you will enjoy 'Ski Solitaire'.

@Gabrien
Ski Solitaire doesn't use any in-app purchases. In the future, we are planning to add new levels free-of-charge and integrating Game Center leaderboards.
12-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenflyStudios View Post
@BazookaTime:
We're very happy that both you and your wife are enjoying 'Ski Solitaire' - thank you for your positive feedback.

@CzarCastic:
Thank you for your kind words - comments such as yours make us very happy here at Greenfly Studios! Many thanks as well for taking the time to answer other user's questions.

@LordGek / Misguided :
Ski Solitaire shares a similar game mechanic to that of Fairway Solitaire / Faerie Solitaire. Both Forest and Ice cards block off parts of each level. To unlock the ice cards, you would need to find a 'Sun' card to melt them. For the Forest cards, you have to remove each one and upon completion, the locked area is made available. If you like either of those two games, you will enjoy 'Ski Solitaire'.

@Gabrien
Ski Solitaire doesn't use any in-app purchases. In the future, we are planning to add new levels free-of-charge and integrating Game Center leaderboards.
How about local leaderboards for each location?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
How about local leaderboards for each location?
Nope. No leaderboards of any kind.

12-02-2011, 03:42 PM
We are planning leaderboards for a future update.
12-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenflyStudios View Post
We are planning leaderboards for a future update.
What are the chances that the leaderboards will capture all of the data from games played prior to implementing the leaderboards? I've played probably 6 hours in the last 2 days. I've done everything except finish the final course (Maisie's Pass). I know it's probably wishful thinking, but I'd love to keep the stats from my previous games.

Also, the end of course recap is seriously lacking. When you finish the 10th stage of a course, it simply boots you out to the menu and gives you more money. You have no idea how much money you earned, you just usually have more when you're done. I would love to see a summary screen that shows how the money was earned and where I need to do better.

12-03-2011, 04:12 AM
I got this game yesterday based on BazookaTime and CzarCastic's comments - great job! I said to my daughter it's a good game, simple but you have to be on your toes to score well!

CzarCastic, I thought that was a bit harsh. You get a summary page after each stage with how much money you earnt and it has a running total at the bottom. I can also see the 'earnings' you get on the course select screen.

Update: Now my wife has got hold of the game and won't give back the iPad - what have you guys done with my family! Seriously, very fun game!

Last edited by JohnJo.1975; 12-03-2011 at 05:00 AM.
12-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJo.1975 View Post
I got this game yesterday based on BazookaTime and CzarCastic's comments - great job! I said to my daughter it's a good game, simple but you have to be on your toes to score well!

CzarCastic, I thought that was a bit harsh. You get a summary page after each stage with how much money you earnt and it has a running total at the bottom. I can also see the 'earnings' you get on the course select screen.

Update: Now my wife has got hold of the game and won't give back the iPad - what have you guys done with my family! Seriously, very fun game!
Glad you like it. I think I've spent about 6 hours playing. I don't ever play games that much.

My comment about the end of course stats was specifically about the end of stage 10. What happens at the end of stage 10? You get booted to the menu. I would love to see a course summary. I don't want to have to remember my total at the end of stage 9, then guess how much I earned in stage 10. Plus, I don't really understand what the "course earnings" represents. Sometimes I seem to earn that money. Sometimes I don't. I guess I'm not sure what I need to earn it consistently. And, I don't think adding for a summary screen in a high score game is asking that much.