★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Can we get a Plant vs Zombies type Tower Defense game?

05-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Can we get a Plant vs Zombies type Tower Defense game?

just bought this game.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/3590/

it is awesome!

they should make a port or a similar game for the iphone.

only one I can think of thats similar is Zombie Attack!
05-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderva View Post
just bought this game.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/3590/

it is awesome!

they should make a port or a similar game for the iphone.

only one I can think of thats similar is Zombie Attack!

Yes, I'm loving this game. Hopefully Popcap are already working on an iPhone port. Peggle's coming, Bejeweled is already out, fingers crossed.

A Friend In Need Is A Pest

Plus+:PrivateJoker

05-05-2009, 09:28 PM
me too. the iphone seems to be perfect for TDs because touch is easy and more precise than a mouse, and it doesn't require tons of graphics or computing power. Now if only Devs would release more original TDs (like this one) because set paths are much more common than the "free flow" of this. I am sure if peggle is even close to as successful as bejeweled, peggle nights will be out soon and this will be available minutes later.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
05-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indyraider4 View Post
me too. the iphone seems to be perfect for TDs because touch is easy and more precise than a mouse, and it doesn't require tons of graphics or computing power. Now if only Devs would release more original TDs (like this one) because set paths are much more common than the "free flow" of this. I am sure if peggle is even close to as successful as bejeweled, peggle nights will be out soon and this will be available minutes later.
I beg to differ.

Anyways, I have seen some gameplay of this game and it looks awesome. I love the music vid. If they have a demo I will try it out first. What makes it different from the rest of the TDs though? How does the game work?

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
05-05-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm truly surprised to find that zombies and plants are mortal enemies. Well, learn something new every day, I guess.
05-05-2009, 11:50 PM
AHahaha, I just bought this game like 2 minutes ago. Totally awesome in every way possible! So many different "plants" and zombies in this game! I really do hope that they port it over. $9.99 on Steam is well-priced and the graphics are within iPhone and iPod Touch capabilities so I can easily see myself buying this for iPod Touch even though I have it on my PC.

Soul Theory Crew
05-06-2009, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
I beg to differ.

Anyways, I have seen some gameplay of this game and it looks awesome. I love the music vid. If they have a demo I will try it out first. What makes it different from the rest of the TDs though? How does the game work?
Well it isn't more precise, but it is faster to use when the touch areas are "finger friendly"
Also, this game is more like a cross between a castle defense and tower defense. It is free form, open, but you can't make a path because they can destroy towers too. It is really different and fun.

Playing: Hi How Are You, iBlast Moki, Rolando, ScareCrow, and all of my Plus+ games.
ngmoco:] Plus+ ID: Danlipson
Challenge Me!
PM me for free video editing of... anything
05-06-2009, 09:28 AM
We have something on the same lines... Garden War (http://appshopper.com/games/garden-war) ?
ikno no Zombies, but there are pests.. also they have the path.. its only 99 cents now..

Lite version also available (http://appshopper.com/games/garden-war-free)

Oops, towers are not destroyable on this one garden war..

Want to try Inkoming! ? that os a neat game.. also has a lite version.. the Road the Creeps / da Pests take is damageable..

Last edited by ultimo; 05-06-2009 at 09:59 AM.
05-06-2009, 05:03 PM
i saw that game. is it really worth the price? i don't really believe in desktop td games. (and i don't mean desktop tower defense ofc :-D)
05-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonysfavourite View Post
i saw that game. is it really worth the price? i don't really believe in desktop td games. (and i don't mean desktop tower defense ofc :-D)
Yes.