Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #591  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Johnny101 Johnny101 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggy110 View Post
Would it be worth getting this with 1.6 GB of memory left on my iPod?
Yes , of course. This game is a must buy. I have all the top iOS games and this in my top 10 games. Ascension sealed the deal for me, and to think that Call of the dead is coming too. Tons of replay ability either in solo or multiplayer.
Reply With Quote
  #592  
Old 03-17-2012, 10:29 PM
Paul202 Paul202 is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MI, USA
Posts: 1,147
Default

Okay guys here's a tip. On the way to thr door of speed cola, there is a a hole in the wall that you can jump through to get down. When you go through that hole, DON'T RUN! I ran through the hole and fell in the pile of stuff, and then I fell out of the map npand there is no way to get back to where I was.
Reply With Quote
  #593  
Old 03-17-2012, 11:54 PM
iNexus iNexus is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul202 View Post
Okay guys here's a tip. On the way to thr door of speed cola, there is a a hole in the wall that you can jump through to get down. When you go through that hole, DON'T RUN! I ran through the hole and fell in the pile of stuff, and then I fell out of the map npand there is no way to get back to where I was.
omg just did this on wave 62 n i had zeus cannon n porter x2 ray gun soooo cheeeeeeesed i even spammed gerse device hoping i cud teleport myself
Reply With Quote
  #594  
Old 03-18-2012, 10:03 PM
Johnny101 Johnny101 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNexus View Post
omg just did this on wave 62 n i had zeus cannon n porter x2 ray gun soooo cheeeeeeesed i even spammed gerse device hoping i cud teleport myself
Just happened to me also. Had all my perks, PAP'd thunder gun. Then all the zombies disappeared, ran through that area where the speed cola is then I was out of map !

The phd flopper does have a purpose, that is when you run off a platform. You receive no damage.
Reply With Quote
  #595  
Old 03-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Johnny101 Johnny101 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,146
Default

I love this game but the some of the people that use voice chat on Multiplayer need a couple tips.

1. Please stop playing annoying music blasted in the background. My earphones pick that up and I can't even hear the sound from the game. It sounds horrible with loud music blasting through my headphones. Most importantly, I can't hear you, just the music.

2. Play in a room where your 3 brothers and 2 sisters aren't in. This is just as bad or even worse. I can't hear the game, just screaming kids and I can't hear you, over your siblings.

Those two points above. Make me quit the game everytime. I would rather play solo then to listen to static music or screaming kids in the background.

Note: All this is an observation. I'm not that serious about this but would rather play with someone that has a clue.
Reply With Quote
  #596  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:14 AM
lr1919 lr1919 is offline
Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 36
Default iPhone 4

How is this running on the iPhone 4 now? I've been holding off because of framerate complaints...
Reply With Quote
  #597  
Old 03-19-2012, 10:32 AM
kcur kcur is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: US
Posts: 733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny101 View Post
I love this game but the some of the people that use voice chat on Multiplayer need a couple tips.

1. Please stop playing annoying music blasted in the background. My earphones pick that up and I can't even hear the sound from the game. It sounds horrible with loud music blasting through my headphones. Most importantly, I can't hear you, just the music.

2. Play in a room where your 3 brothers and 2 sisters aren't in. This is just as bad or even worse. I can't hear the game, just screaming kids and I can't hear you, over your siblings.

Those two points above. Make me quit the game everytime. I would rather play solo then to listen to static music or screaming kids in the background.

Note: All this is an observation. I'm not that serious about this but would rather play with someone that has a clue.
Or you could mute them. Just saying...
Reply With Quote
  #598  
Old 03-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Johnny101 Johnny101 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcur View Post
Or you could mute them. Just saying...
Yes, I've done that and the problem is most people want to chat, so when you mute them. They think your being rude and leave the game.... but they don't realize that their being annoying with the noise. I've actually said to a few players, I can't hear you, it's too noisy... You think they would clue in.

I find the good players know this and usually play in a quiet place
Reply With Quote
  #599  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:46 AM
FragglePants FragglePants is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 9
Default SP Ascension tips for a high score

- On early rounds aim to get some cash together, open up all the doors, turn on the power, open up pack-a-punch etc.
- Then keep on at the Mystery Box until you get the Thunder Gun. For your second gun go for some sort of Mystery Box assault rifle with lots of ammo.
- Pack-A-Punch both (obviously).
- Now at the start of each round plan to be on the raised platform by the Phd Flopper. There are probably other areas you can do this, but there is a good space here without too many entry points.
- You can call the lander if you want and be able to make a quick gettaway if things get hairy.
- Now as soon as zombies appear, walk next to the walls of the area round and round, forcing the zombies to trail behind you. You might have to make a break through a line of oncoming zombies at the steps, but you should be able to dodge all the ones that appear in front of you. Try to keep a good speed so they keep up with you but don't actually hit you. Keep going until no more are spawning. Then turn round and shoot a few heads off with your assault rifle. Repeat until they are all dead, and then repeat as more zombies are spawned.
- When you get InstaKill powerup, aim to knife as many zombies as you can for more points.
- Leave a lone zombie at the end of a level to go around with housekeeping tasks like repairing barriers and browsing Mystery Box for new weapons.
- On the monkey rounds, use the Thunder Gun (Zeus Gun) to kill them. I only have Quick Revive and Juggernog perks, so monkeys all tend to head down to the centrifuge room. Try to group monkeys together so you only use a few Zeus Gun shots.
- The only hairy part of the level is that you invariably end the monkey round in the centrifuge room, and want to be back at the PHD Flopper at the start of the next round. So there's a mad rush up the stairs with zombies coming out of every hole before you. Best to prepare for that and repair all those holes before (or during) monkey round. If you aren't lazy like me then you could slowly coax the last monkey to follow you up the stairs before you shoot it. Life's too short...
- The reason for the Zeus Gun is that at later levels when you shoot the head off a zombie it sticks around for _minutes_ running after you and attacking you before finally falling over. And even the Pack-a-Punched Ray Gun has no effect other than making a crawler. Whereas the Zeus Gun vapourises any zombies instantly.
- Group all your zombies together, then Zeus them, and repeat. You use about 3 shots per round. And every 5 rounds the monkeys will replace your ammo, even if you didn't get an ammo replacement powerup during a round.
- I gave up at level 102. No revives needed. And it's really hard to give up and just let yourself be eaten!
- This may work in MP, but I suspect you'd need to each find your own little area to run around. And you'd have to synchronise visits to the Mystery Box etc with ending the round.
Reply With Quote
  #600  
Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Johnny101 Johnny101 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 2,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragglePants View Post
- On early rounds aim to get some cash together, open up all the doors, turn on the power, open up pack-a-punch etc.
- Then keep on at the Mystery Box until you get the Thunder Gun. For your second gun go for some sort of Mystery Box assault rifle with lots of ammo.
- Pack-A-Punch both (obviously).
- Now at the start of each round plan to be on the raised platform by the Phd Flopper. There are probably other areas you can do this, but there is a good space here without too many entry points.
- You can call the lander if you want and be able to make a quick gettaway if things get hairy.
- Now as soon as zombies appear, walk next to the walls of the area round and round, forcing the zombies to trail behind you. You might have to make a break through a line of oncoming zombies at the steps, but you should be able to dodge all the ones that appear in front of you. Try to keep a good speed so they keep up with you but don't actually hit you. Keep going until no more are spawning. Then turn round and shoot a few heads off with your assault rifle. Repeat until they are all dead, and then repeat as more zombies are spawned.
- When you get InstaKill powerup, aim to knife as many zombies as you can for more points.
- Leave a lone zombie at the end of a level to go around with housekeeping tasks like repairing barriers and browsing Mystery Box for new weapons.
- On the monkey rounds, use the Thunder Gun (Zeus Gun) to kill them. I only have Quick Revive and Juggernog perks, so monkeys all tend to head down to the centrifuge room. Try to group monkeys together so you only use a few Zeus Gun shots.
- The only hairy part of the level is that you invariably end the monkey round in the centrifuge room, and want to be back at the PHD Flopper at the start of the next round. So there's a mad rush up the stairs with zombies coming out of every hole before you. Best to prepare for that and repair all those holes before (or during) monkey round. If you aren't lazy like me then you could slowly coax the last monkey to follow you up the stairs before you shoot it. Life's too short...
- The reason for the Zeus Gun is that at later levels when you shoot the head off a zombie it sticks around for _minutes_ running after you and attacking you before finally falling over. And even the Pack-a-Punched Ray Gun has no effect other than making a crawler. Whereas the Zeus Gun vapourises any zombies instantly.
- Group all your zombies together, then Zeus them, and repeat. You use about 3 shots per round. And every 5 rounds the monkeys will replace your ammo, even if you didn't get an ammo replacement powerup during a round.
- I gave up at level 102. No revives needed. And it's really hard to give up and just let yourself be eaten!
- This may work in MP, but I suspect you'd need to each find your own little area to run around. And you'd have to synchronise visits to the Mystery Box etc with ending the round.
Hey very nice strategy,

I also like using Stamin-up because of the extra speed and the sickle is good for points too.

If your looking for a good player for multiplayer, add me, FightingGI
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent