★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *Due to the high quality graphics an iPhone4, iPad, or iPad2+ is required*

------------------------------------------------------------
Experience the ultimate Flight Simulator. Flight Unlimited is a graphically intensive flight simulator that offers some of the best visuals in the app store.

Critics argue that Flight Unlimited has some of the most impressive graphics ever seen on the iPhone/iPod/Ipad.
It's the only flight simulator (on any platform) to offer a fully rendered, detailed city to explore.

Fly through out the city and explore over 100 buildings and streets.

Can you land on a one way road?

Never before has a flight simulator offered this level of environmental detail.

Flight Unlimited pushes the device to its max to offer the ultimate in performance and visual effects.

Features:
- Pilot the beautiful Cesna 172 and Challenger 300 aircraft, complete with spectacular glass and metallic reflections.
- Discover an expansive city with detail never before seen in a Flight Simulator on any platform
- Explore an expansive lake and buzz the various boats in the water
- Fly from any camera angle you desire

*Flight Unlimited is best experienced with your device set to max brightness*
------------------------------------------------------------
Note: The update is on its way. It will be massive. If you've already downloaded the app the update is free.

- Complete overhaul of the flight physics engine
- A new plane (private jet)
- And more!

flightunlimited's comments:

11-30-2011, 06:09 PM
So is this a remake of the older PC games or just share the name?

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride

11-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Looks interesting enough for me to clean up my Thrustmaster
11-30-2011, 06:58 PM
One plane? Really? That's it? Sounds a bit "limited" to me.

Was looking forward to this release but now don't know if I'll bother. Very disappointing.

EDIT: Also a big "What the?.." to the "*Flight Unlimited is best experienced with your device set to max brightness*" thing.

Last edited by Gabrien; 11-30-2011 at 07:02 PM.
11-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
One plane? Really? That's it? Sounds a bit "limited" to me.

Was looking forward to this release but now don't know if I'll bother. Very disappointing.
New planes will be added in the next update. We're hard at work on adding new planes and expanding the city.
11-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
EDIT: Also a big "What the?.." to the "*Flight Unlimited is best experienced with your device set to max brightness*" thing.
Ah lol the sky is kinda dark so it can be hard to see where you're flying
11-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightunlimited View Post
New planes will be added in the next update. We're hard at work on adding new planes and expanding the city.
Are those going to be free or IAP?
11-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Review-ish impression:
First thing's first - there's noticeable graphical pop-in. The game casts a sphere of vision that renders everything inside the player's field of vision within a set distance. The map is pretty big, so more distant buildings and environment will pop in. However, the draw distance is very impressive for a portable devices so this will be dismissed as a technical limitation than issue. Yes, you can almost see the end of the city from the other end, not just a part of it.

Now, the visuals. The buildings are beautiful and detailed. Aside from some zoning and planning issues that I've raised in the thread, which are admittedly a non-regard to the game, the constructions are detailed and varied. It's easy to say that the city looks realistic from an aesthetic perspective in that individual buildings are unique in design. Although you're not getting the glorious Prototype (the city, not the gore) or Burnout Paradise quality building designs, this game's buildings do surpass all expectations for portable devices.

Also, the game's city is fun to fly in. The city center is populated with highrises and fat apartment blocks while the outskirts feature lower houses and more flat space. This pretty categorized city design successfully replicates and reflect different feels of city layout. In short, there will always be something for everyone, or someone who will like everything (me!).

One request though. I know this is a flight sim, but the city just begs to be viewed from the ground because the roads are so tempting to be driven in. So... a car please? A fast one would be nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien
Are those going to be free or IAP?
Hm... if I remember correctly, the cities would definitely be in IAP (they are HUGE and take a lot of effort to design).
11-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Review-ish impression:
First thing's first - there's noticeable graphical pop-in. The game casts a sphere of vision that renders everything inside the player's field of vision within a set distance. The map is pretty big, so more distant buildings and environment will pop in. However, the draw distance is very impressive for a portable devices so this will be dismissed as a technical limitation than issue. Yes, you can almost see the end of the city from the other end, not just a part of it.

Now, the visuals. The buildings are beautiful and detailed. Aside from some zoning and planning issues that I've raised in the thread, which are admittedly a non-regard to the game, the constructions are detailed and varied. It's easy to say that the city looks realistic from an aesthetic perspective in that individual buildings are unique in design. Although you're not getting the glorious Prototype (the city, not the gore) or Burnout Paradise quality building designs, this game's buildings do surpass all expectations for portable devices.

Also, the game's city is fun to fly in. The city center is populated with highrises and fat apartment blocks while the outskirts feature lower houses and more flat space. This pretty categorized city design successfully replicates and reflect different feels of city layout. In short, there will always be something for everyone, or someone who will like everything (me!).

One request though. I know this is a flight sim, but the city just begs to be viewed from the ground because the roads are so tempting to be driven in. So... a car please? A fast one would be nice!

Hm... if I remember correctly, the cities would definitely be in IAP (they are HUGE and take a lot of effort to design).
Thank you for the impressions and your request. That is a great idea! We'll add the city camera to the update list!

Just to let you know our plans, we're going to be doing a realistic version of San Francisco next! Also, we're going to have missions! This is pretty far off however.

In the next update you can expect:
1) The new camera angle (you just mentioned)
2) One additional plane
3) Much improved flight model.

Please keep the suggestions coming.

Last edited by flightunlimited; 11-30-2011 at 08:02 PM.
11-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Need a jet. Preferably a fast and agile one.