★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Fancy Pants Adventures (platformer from Over The Top Games, Chillingo)

11-30-2011, 11:35 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
The Fancy Pants Adventures (platformer from Over The Top Games, Chillingo)

Out January.

http://toucharcade.com/2011/11/30/ea...rom-chillingo/
Quote:
Originally starting out as simple Flash games, Fancy Pants Adventures was released earlier this year for Xbox Live and PSN and is now making its way to the App Store. There's definitely a ton of platforming goodness waiting for you in this game, but my favorite thing has to be the wonderful doodle-style drawings and excellent animations.

I'm not totally sold on the control scheme after my all too brief time with the game, as it doesn't feel quite as tight as some other iOS platformers, but I'm excited to spend some more time with it when The Fancy Pants Adventures launches in January.
Hopefully the devs touch up on the controls before release (please no tilt nonsense).
11-30-2011, 11:53 PM
I'm digging the squiggly characters, with sword-fights.

řƹȡ1

12-01-2011, 08:12 AM
OMG YES!!! I love the game!! Been playing it on miniclip.com and damn, one of my all time favourite platformers! SO EXCITED Thanks EA!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
12-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Out January.

YouTube: video

http://toucharcade.com/2011/11/30/ea...rom-chillingo/

Hopefully the devs touch up on the controls before release (please no tilt nonsense).
We've been giving a ton of attention the controls (no tilt, don't worry ).

Looks like they were using an older build, so I can confirm that the controls have been vastly improved since then
12-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNeroCF View Post
We've been giving a ton of attention the controls (no tilt, don't worry ).

Looks like they were using an older build, so I can confirm that the controls have been vastly improved since then
Are you using virtual controls? Please use a dpad for movement, so many devs try that analog stick nonsense and it always fails.
12-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Holy. Crap... I think I'm gonna cry. I LOVED THIS FLASH GAME!!!! I remember days spent on the old PC playing Fancy Pants Adventures! You got an insta-buy from me!!! (as long as the controls are tight)

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
12-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Are you using virtual controls? Please use a dpad for movement, so many devs try that analog stick nonsense and it always fails.
Just a d-pad, should feel much better than a virtual analog stick. I'm really happy with how the controls feel right now, and I've played quite a few platformers in iOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Holy. Crap... I think I'm gonna cry. I LOVED THIS FLASH GAME!!!! I remember days spent on the old PC playing Fancy Pants Adventures! You got an insta-buy from me!!! (as long as the controls are tight)
Thank you so much! I've personally spent a ton of time testing the latency on the controls, I think you'll be pleased
12-01-2011, 12:35 PM
This looks great, loved the flash version, played it so many times

Lightning Strike Games Development Blog
12-01-2011, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNeroCF View Post
Just a d-pad, should feel much better than a virtual analog stick. I'm really happy with how the controls feel right now, and I've played quite a few platformers in iOS.

Thank you so much! I've personally spent a ton of time testing the latency on the controls, I think you'll be pleased
So there's a dpad for movement. I take it there's 3 buttons on the other side of the screen (jump/ slide/ attack)?
12-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
So there's a dpad for movement. I take it there's 3 buttons on the other side of the screen (jump/ slide/ attack)?
Yep, left and right on one side, attack, jump and slide on the other. Making sure movement is as precise as possible.