Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1001  
Old 01-20-2012, 12:46 AM
amn624 amn624 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nassau County, NY
Posts: 1,260
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuism View Post
The trolls just keep getting fatter and fatter
And the fan boys get poorer, I guess? [chuckle]

I bought six packs tonight, just for the hell of it, too see if I could get the slightest bit closer on my site deck, my discard deck, my thief deck, etc. I got two cards I had not seen before and I am now missing 56 cards, many of which are crucial to some of the most powerful decks.

In MtG, I could get any common I needed because they were practically worthless. Ask and thou shalt receive. All you needed to do was ask anyone, even some kid who didn't know you from Adam would be happy to give you fistfuls of commons. There are plenty of commons in ACR that I do not have 5 of. I'd love to build several focused decks with 5 each of 10 different cards but I can't even do that with what I've got.

And the little help I got tonight did nothing for the decks that are my best.

And the point that you refuse to acknowledge is that even with an AH, I am still at a huge disadvantage. You have $200 in resources against my $35, which means you will always be able to play a shifting meta game better than me. There's no way for me to compete without investing a huge chunk of additional cash, probably a minimum of $100. For what? An iPad game? Are you serious?

But wait. If the AH becomes the impetus for you and others to toss in another $100 then I'm right back to square one. Where does it end?

Face it, Ubi has shot themselves in the foot (if not in the head) and now claim they can't respond on this forum? Are you kidding me? That is so infuriating! There are 101 pages of posts here and i would venture that two-thirds of the 7000 shown on GC were alerted to ACR via Touch Arcade.

I'll say it again - ACR is a great game, it really is, but it is HUGELY overpriced, is still buggy and needs to show its player base a LOT of love, no matter how much some of you foolishly plunked down to be masters of this little universe.

Spatzi, I'd rather you be vocal than fade into the background. Maybe someone is listening. I hope so. I really do love the game. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Reply With Quote
  #1002  
Old 01-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Altaem Altaem is offline
Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 97
Default

Wtf is wrong with this app? It's crashed out 6 times today. Did they write it for iPad 4 or something.

Idea: instead of giving credits for wins, hand out 100 for each crash. I'll be far more forgiving then.
Reply With Quote
  #1003  
Old 01-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Boobi Boobi is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 293
Default

Ubifail should do much better job communicating about patches and what is being fixed. I have a bad feeling we will see nothing unti late January or early February.
Even their own website is bare, they could at least list their own cards, if it was not for the one person(non Ubifail) hosting the list I would not have see or know what all the cards do.
This is not an Indi game this is a company with pockets, they just don't care T this point.

Ubifail
Reply With Quote
  #1004  
Old 01-20-2012, 01:44 AM
Raphael Majere Raphael Majere is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobi View Post
Ubifail should do much better job communicating about patches and what is being fixed. I have a bad feeling we will see nothing unti late January or early February.
Even their own website is bare, they could at least list their own cards, if it was not for the one person(non Ubifail) hosting the list I would not have see or know what all the cards do.
This is not an Indi game this is a company with pockets, they just don't care T this point.

Ubifail

There is an update. Probably end of next week.

It has been submitted to Apple App store for approval. (For those who are familiar with the process; ie. Apple takes its own sweet time)
Reply With Quote
  #1005  
Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 AM
Altaem Altaem is offline
Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 97
Default

Just spent 10 minutes failing to get matched up for multiplayer.

It's become very clear there are only 30? of you out there, all with decks worth $100+. I'm out of here until an update comes through. At least you won't have to put up with me quitting mid game anymore.

Bye, thanks to those who were polite and helpful, you know who you are.
Reply With Quote
  #1006  
Old 01-20-2012, 03:27 AM
skarsnik skarsnik is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 100
Default

Gosh so much negativity.

The network code sucks for sure, more often than not, you get opponents disconnecting before the game starts.

But when you finally get connected, the game sure is fun.

I'm a 0.99 player, having got the game after the price drop. With my 0.99 deck, I've beaten the other $100++ decks before and managed to crawl my way into the top 100 just a couple of nights ago.

The leaderboard position is not that important, as I'm pretty happy playing a few games every night to earn my 200 animus credits for 2 templar packs (don't have time to win 15 games with the buggy network matchmaking).

ACR is pretty good value for 0.99.
Reply With Quote
  #1007  
Old 01-20-2012, 05:44 AM
Tuism Tuism is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarsnik View Post
Gosh so much negativity.

The network code sucks for sure, more often than not, you get opponents disconnecting before the game starts.

But when you finally get connected, the game sure is fun.

I'm a 0.99 player, having got the game after the price drop. With my 0.99 deck, I've beaten the other $100++ decks before and managed to crawl my way into the top 100 just a couple of nights ago.

The leaderboard position is not that important, as I'm pretty happy playing a few games every night to earn my 200 animus credits for 2 templar packs (don't have time to win 15 games with the buggy network matchmaking).

ACR is pretty good value for 0.99.
Holy cow such wisdom

I remember getting my ass trounced by you a few times, gg man
Reply With Quote
  #1008  
Old 01-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Jools75 Jools75 is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Posts: 186
Default

What? Missing something.
Reply With Quote
  #1009  
Old 01-20-2012, 09:59 AM
skarsnik skarsnik is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Singapore
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuism View Post
Holy cow such wisdom

I remember getting my ass trounced by you a few times, gg man
That wasn't me lol. Every time I play you it lagggggggggs.
Reply With Quote
  #1010  
Old 01-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Boobi Boobi is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 293
Default

People continue to leave the game and this will make it much harder for Ubifail to have any impact with their overdue patches to bring players back to the game.
Shame the pool of players get smaller.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent