Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-01-2011, 01:42 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
You don`t need to know anything since the Values of the Cards are pretty much self explaining. Some of them have Special Effects that do some kind of Boost if you play them against some other Cards but that so far pretty much what was covered in the Tutorial.
The app description mentions an '8-10 hours of narrative experience' and a story mode. I would also like to know if I will be able to follow the plot after having played just the 1st game? Does it also contain spoilers for the other games? lol

Last edited by violentv; 12-01-2011 at 01:45 PM..
Old 12-01-2011, 01:53 PM

Assassin's Creed Recollection - HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2/Tutorial):

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 12-01-2011, 03:14 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), OS 4.x

I just played through the tutorial levels, and this seems to be a very cool and well polished game. The "real time"/day cycle mechanic gives this a fresh place in the genre. The rules are fairly easy to understand and grasp (especially for the genre), and having a CCG in a non-medieval/high fantasy wrapper is cool (especially if you already are interested in the AC mythos).

I did notice when playing Mission 4 (the first real, non-tutorial mission) that the AI mopped the floor with me and took me to a screen saying "Buy more powerful cards to improve your deck" or some such.

Anyone know if you can earn "Animus Credits" (the currency used to purchase new card packs) is possible by just progressing through the game? Or is the only way to acquire new cards by paying real money for them? If so, that's kind of disconcerting...

Edit:
Just won the first non tutorial mission and was awarded 25 credits. Looks like packs come in denominations of 100, 500, and 900 credits so at least there's a way to earn more cards, even though it looks like it's a slow process (similar to Shadow Era).

Last edited by WakeOfPoseidon; 12-01-2011 at 03:37 PM.. Reason: Answered my own question
Old 12-01-2011, 03:18 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
You don`t need to know anything since the Values of the Cards are pretty much self explaining. Some of them have Special Effects that do some kind of Boost if you play them against some other Cards but that so far pretty much what was covered in the Tutorial.

I am currently uploading a HD Gameplay Video of it. Just give it a little more Time and then you Guys can watch the Tutorial in Full HD and descide to buy it or not.

No i don`t get anything Paid. Sometimes i don`t care about it but specially those bigger Appz are burning each Month a huge Hole into my Pockets

Haven`t played yet the Multiplayer Mode since you need to first finish a few Games of the Campaign to gain enough Experiance Points to be able to play it.
They are great videos, Sanuku. I know that I appreciate them!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:32 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

To say that I'm excited for this would be an understatement. Thanks to everybody for their initial impressions!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

It's strange to say coming from such a huge IP, but in such a huge release week this game is somewhat of a hidden gem. I'm guessing iPad only is part of the reason that it's not getting as much attention as others, but also the sheer amount of big games, along with the surprise release are making this fly under the radar a bit. Unless the IAP becomes a problem, this could potentially be my most played new game (even over IB2 and COD:BOZ).
Old 12-01-2011, 04:31 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

iPad only...
Old 12-01-2011, 05:26 PM

This looks totally cool, I just don't like the real-time aspect (it fits thematically, I simply prefer games without time pressure).

And yes Sanuku is like an iOS rock star.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:47 PM

Okay, thanks for the vidoes I am pretty much sold and should I not expecting any async MP?

I think for an old guy like me, iPad's real estate can only show the full glory of all card games (including Bridge Baron).
Old 12-01-2011, 07:31 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Do I need to know the story behind the games at all? I hated them on console. Do they at least give character backgrounds, or is it just numbers?