• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 418.1 MB
  • Version: 2.16.16
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 3 (6)
App description: This universal version supports iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4 and iPad. Important: DOES NOT SUPPORT iPHONE 3GS, iPOD 3 or any previous device.

- Assassins Creed Recollection is fantastic Gamezebo

- Assassins Creed Recollection proves to be an absolutely stunning game Geared for Gamers

Ubisoft Montreal is proud to offer Assassins Creed Recollection: a real-time board game for iOS devices that offers players a new experience in the world of Assassins Creed. Fans of the franchise and new players compete in real-time political battles with key characters and locations from the Assassins Creed games. They can also discover and amass a wide variety of artwork created for the different games of the franchise.

Key Features

TACTICAL DEPTH The war between the Templars and the Assassins is now invading the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch in this real-time board game. Players engage in deep tactical gameplay in order to outsmart their enemies in challenging political battles.

PREPARE YOUR MEMORY SEQUENCE With over 280 different Memories to discover, reconnect with some of the famous characters from Assassins Creed 2 and Assassins Creed Brotherhood.

STORY MODE More than 10 hours of gameplay. Explore 20 story mode missions, which will take players on an intriguing journey from Barcelona to Constantinople. Face 10 challenge missions to test your mettle even further.

MULTIPLAYER Challenge your friends and other players from around the world in intense real-time battles, where your strategies and abilities will truly be put to the test.

GAME CENTER SUPPORT Track your achievements, challenge your friends and play against other players by using the Game Center platform.

ASSEMBLE A VIRTUAL GALLERY Assassins Creed is renowned for the accurate representation of various historical locations around the world and for the high level of quality and fidelity in character design. It is now possible to go behind the scenes to amass and enjoy the artwork created by the talented artists who worked on all of the Assassins Creed games.

SHORT FILM INCLUDED Assassins Creed Recollection also features a free copy of the animated short film Assassins Creed Embers, the final chapter in the saga of master assassin Ezio Auditore.

If you have any feedback, please email us at apple.support@ubisoft.com
12-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
You don`t need to know anything since the Values of the Cards are pretty much self explaining. Some of them have Special Effects that do some kind of Boost if you play them against some other Cards but that so far pretty much what was covered in the Tutorial.
The app description mentions an '8-10 hours of narrative experience' and a story mode. I would also like to know if I will be able to follow the plot after having played just the 1st game? Does it also contain spoilers for the other games? lol

Last edited by violentv; 12-01-2011 at 01:45 PM.
12-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Assassin's Creed Recollection - HD Gameplay Trailer (iPad 2/Tutorial):

12-01-2011, 03:14 PM
I just played through the tutorial levels, and this seems to be a very cool and well polished game. The "real time"/day cycle mechanic gives this a fresh place in the genre. The rules are fairly easy to understand and grasp (especially for the genre), and having a CCG in a non-medieval/high fantasy wrapper is cool (especially if you already are interested in the AC mythos).

I did notice when playing Mission 4 (the first real, non-tutorial mission) that the AI mopped the floor with me and took me to a screen saying "Buy more powerful cards to improve your deck" or some such.

Anyone know if you can earn "Animus Credits" (the currency used to purchase new card packs) is possible by just progressing through the game? Or is the only way to acquire new cards by paying real money for them? If so, that's kind of disconcerting...

Edit:
Just won the first non tutorial mission and was awarded 25 credits. Looks like packs come in denominations of 100, 500, and 900 credits so at least there's a way to earn more cards, even though it looks like it's a slow process (similar to Shadow Era).

Last edited by WakeOfPoseidon; 12-01-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Answered my own question
12-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
You don`t need to know anything since the Values of the Cards are pretty much self explaining. Some of them have Special Effects that do some kind of Boost if you play them against some other Cards but that so far pretty much what was covered in the Tutorial.

I am currently uploading a HD Gameplay Video of it. Just give it a little more Time and then you Guys can watch the Tutorial in Full HD and descide to buy it or not.

No i don`t get anything Paid. Sometimes i don`t care about it but specially those bigger Appz are burning each Month a huge Hole into my Pockets

Haven`t played yet the Multiplayer Mode since you need to first finish a few Games of the Campaign to gain enough Experiance Points to be able to play it.
They are great videos, Sanuku. I know that I appreciate them!

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
12-01-2011, 03:32 PM
To say that I'm excited for this would be an understatement. Thanks to everybody for their initial impressions!
12-01-2011, 04:28 PM
It's strange to say coming from such a huge IP, but in such a huge release week this game is somewhat of a hidden gem. I'm guessing iPad only is part of the reason that it's not getting as much attention as others, but also the sheer amount of big games, along with the surprise release are making this fly under the radar a bit. Unless the IAP becomes a problem, this could potentially be my most played new game (even over IB2 and COD:BOZ).

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
12-01-2011, 04:31 PM
iPad only...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
12-01-2011, 05:26 PM
This looks totally cool, I just don't like the real-time aspect (it fits thematically, I simply prefer games without time pressure).

And yes Sanuku is like an iOS rock star.
12-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Okay, thanks for the vidoes I am pretty much sold and should I not expecting any async MP?

I think for an old guy like me, iPad's real estate can only show the full glory of all card games (including Bridge Baron).

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
12-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Do I need to know the story behind the games at all? I hated them on console. Do they at least give character backgrounds, or is it just numbers?