Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-01-2011, 07:55 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by soldat7 View Post
Do I need to know the story behind the games at all? I hated them on console. Do they at least give character backgrounds, or is it just numbers?
This question has already been answered in this 2 page thread.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:53 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

It seems from the video soooooooo slooooow paced that it killed you from boredom..
Old 12-01-2011, 10:59 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivozzz View Post
It seems from the video soooooooo slooooow paced that it killed you from boredom..
Heh...I was thinking the same thing. Still looks intriguing...
Old 12-01-2011, 11:10 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
This question has already been answered in this 2 page thread.
3-page thread, actually.

Is the story of the previous games summarized in this app? Would knowledge of the previous games enhance the experience? Is there background info for individual cards? For example, if there is a character by the name of Vicenza Turdburglar with sweet stats, is there a way to know his status in the fiction?

Last edited by soldat7; 12-01-2011 at 11:13 PM..
Old 12-01-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Funny that. For me, it is too fast. I would have preferred a turn-based game. It looks cool, but not my cup of tea.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:33 AM

Just done the first tutorial and it is too early to judge for me. I don't think it is a waiting game or a fast paced game like Pokers & Pals.

I am not familiar with AC's universe at all but as a card game by itself, it seems worth to lay down the money to try. The production value seems much higher than others like Kard Combat.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
(Exactly my thought initially...) I think that's only the case in the tutorial when there's only one area to compete instead of three later on. When you'll have to plan for three areas on the board, you will need the time I think...

Nevertheless, impressions from people who have played further into the campaign when things get more complex, would be much appreciated. After being somehow disappointed lately by Kard Combat and Cabals, I'm not much of an early adopter anymore...
Old 12-02-2011, 02:15 AM

Well so far this looks great. Beautifully presented with amazing artwork. The gameplay seems pretty cool from the tutorials...

However I don't understand the pricing structure for the cards...

Why do we pay 100 credits for a Templar pack, 900 for an Assassin pack or 500 for mixed? They each have the same number of cards in and each have the same proportions of rare, uncommon and common. Why the massive difference in cost?

Also I can see this getting very expensive and frustrating for deck construction without any kind of single card marketplace such as the one in Shadow Era.

I really want this game to succeed and to work because it looks awesome... But I am naturally wary given these pricing issues...

Jamie
Old 12-02-2011, 05:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 4.x

Might pass on this game. I kind of expect that by paying 2.99 I get more than my foot in the door. The fact that Ubisoft expects to generate cash flow through IAP despite getting paid 2.99 already before the game is even downloaded to an iOS device leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:36 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kildar View Post
Might pass on this game. I kind of expect that by paying 2.99 I get more than my foot in the door. The fact that Ubisoft expects to generate cash flow through IAP despite getting paid 2.99 already before the game is even downloaded to an iOS device leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Yep! 100% agree!

OK, if it is like Catan ... where you get real new content ... but this kind of pay again and again ... no, not with me ... I would pay without a problem 7,99 for a complete game! Right now I have more than 300 game for my iPad and iPhone ... but in the last months more and more titles have this model to pay again and again ... and the only way to change this way is to avoid those titles ...