Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-21-2011, 09:50 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Default Double billed for the second time!

Ubi has managed to double bill me for the second time. I have a complaint in with iTunes and emailed one of their staff who responds on boardgamegeek. I'll let this forum and the one at boardgamegeek know the results as soon as possible.

I am seething with rage that this has happened a second time.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:42 PM

This deck (I called it Royal Blitz but Pantheon/RI is more well-known) is not new per se. I'm just giving a recap and my latest choice of cards. I believe it's one of the strongest decks simply because it's quite fast and properly played, hard to beat. Its weakness is counters but it can be mitigated with Monteriggioni, or simply shrugged off and try again. Combo is somewhat a misnomer because the deck itself can win with 2 x RI.. not necessarily RI with Pantheon.

PANTHEON/RI combo deck

FINISHERS

5 x Royal Intervention, Blue, Action, cost 2/0 :
lose all your gold, for each gold lost, get +1 score at target region

2 x Pantheon, Blue, Site, cost 3/0, Infl 1 :
reset your score in this region to 0, whoever control this region wins

INCOME
3 x Plentiful Crop, Golden, Action, cost 0/+2

3 x Faux Pas, Blue, Action, cost 1/+1 :
Neutralize target memory costing 1 or less

5 x Knowledge is Power, Green, Action, cost 1/+1:
Draw a memory

5 x Forced Inheritance, Blue, Surprise, cost 2/+3

4 x Pilfer Supplies, Golden, Surprise, cost 3/0 :
regain all your gold

CARD DRAWERS

5 x Quick Study, Green, Action, cost 3/0 :
Search your sequence for a memory

4 x In-depth Analysis, Green, Action, cost 6/+1 :
Draw 3 memories

1 x Daring Experiment, Green, Action, cost 2/0 :
lose all your gold, for each 2 gold lost, draw a memory

CONTROL

4 x Court Order, Blue, Surprise, cost 4/+1 :
neutralize target launching memory

4 x Scientific Espionage, Green, Surprise, cost 4/0 :
neutralize target launching memory and put it in your hand

3 x History Glitch, Golden, Action, cost 5/0 :
reset all region scores to 0

2 x Monteriggioni, Golden, Site, cost 6/0, influence 0 :
All actions are surprises

HOW-TO

INCOME BUILDING
Priority: 1) Faux Pas, 2) Plentiful Crop, 3) Forced Inheritance, 4) Knowledge is Power
- Faux Pas against opponent first memory which is likely income booster goes a long way toward outpacing them in terms of income
- If you have Forced Inheritance and Knowledge is Power, wait until you have 2 gold to launch Forced Inheritance, it's faster because it's surprise
- get to 12 gold ASAP

CONTROL AND FINISH
- Tutor and draw cards to get 2 x RI + Pilfer Supplies , 1 x RI and Pantheon
- Watch for major threats and get ready to counter them (e.g. judgment day, opposing combos, big sites and agents)
- If necessary, reset scores using History Glitch which should buy you some time.
- If your opponent is (likely) playing counters, then you want to wait to have Monteriggioni so they can't counter your RI.. or you can just risk it and it's countered, just find more RIs and Pantheons.
- Against action-based combo decks, do not use Monteriggioni unless you're ahead of them to finish safely.. Use Scientific Espionage and Court Order against their finishers
- Before launching Pantheon, make sure you have counter and enough extra gold to protect it

Cards that I took out from earlier versions:
Big Sites: can control 1 region and use just 1 RI on another but they slow down the deck and vulnerable to site removal/control
Lassitude, Royal Decree, Animus Reboot : nice agent and site control but History Glitch is enough to buy enough time to execute the finishers
Big Agents: too many agent removal/control and slower

Possible weakness: against early drop of nasty threats, e.g Golden Ezio (5/5), Nicolo (4/4), San Gimignano (site 8). Not sure if the deck can draw History Glitch fast enough to buy enough time.. may need further adjustments against proper metagame later.

Last edited by ategaw; 12-21-2011 at 10:50 PM..
Old 12-22-2011, 03:46 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

I'm about to get an iPad 2 soon will I still have all my credits and cards if I transfer this onto the ipad?
Old 12-22-2011, 04:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2numbnuts View Post
I played you I think only once last night, was a really fun game we both had the carneval and animus reboot, and I had the upper hand until you played two of your calling all stand-ins, I countered one with the turn agent into a 1/1 militant with no ability and laughed out loud when I thought I had you done.......... then a second one came up and I had nothing to do except sacrifice my agents against your 19/19 :-/ ridiculous end game card.

well played, enjoyed using wanted posters on your 6 2/2 carneval agents
Haha oh that was you. I thought I was done too. Paying like 20 gold for a 1/1 is not very effecient lol. Fun game!

Add me on gamecenter btw: Evil Karma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faemanx View Post
I'm about to get an iPad 2 soon will I still have all my credits and cards if I transfer this onto the ipad?
I'm assuming you will since that's probably why it makes you sign into the Uplay crap whenever you buy packs.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:24 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Pick Your Poison is a great card, however it has to be used carefully.

It lets you see your opponnents entire deck, which is a huge advantage in any CCG (particularly on one so new as this one, where the meta is constantly shifting). Getting to pick one of their win conditions and put it in your hand is just gravy.

However, the game seems to struggle a lot when doing this and fps drop to single digits. It gets super chopy which makes it hard to get the card you want quickly. Coupled with the fact that you'll want to read the descriptions of any cards you haven't encountered before, while the game is still running, means a lot of the times I cast this I end up losing because by the time I get back to the game I'm way behind. So use with care.

Too bad I only have 1 though. I'd love to cast it against every deck I encounter.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:53 AM

I've screenshot all the Templar cards at my blog (link in my signature) and will be updating with their card effects soon.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:12 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624

Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
Ubi has managed to double bill me for the second time. I have a complaint in with iTunes and emailed one of their staff who responds on boardgamegeek. I'll let this forum and the one at boardgamegeek know the results as soon as possible.

I am seething with rage that this has happened a second time.
Just received an email from iTunes support and the refund will hit in "five to seven days." My response to iTunes support was:

Thanks. I appreciate the prompt response and credit to my account.

Please be advised, Ubisoft has no direct way to address this matter. Their support page is a morass of items, none of which apply to Assassin's Creed Recollected or IOS users. That this has happened twice with me now means it must have been repeated with many others. I am on iPad2, have a perfectly operating wireless system in the house and have had zero problems with other IOS publishers regarding purchases or IAPs. Ubi servers by their own admission, have had problems, but this was ridiculous.

If they cannot do the job right, you should be warning them that Apple's customers are at risk as well as their own.

Regards,

Alan

--------------------

I'm doubting that I would want to take the chance of spending another dime on Ubi's products, not this one nor any other. Simply put, this has happened twice and I definitely do not want to risk it again. I'm still waiting for a response from Gabe (on BGG) and am really annoyed that Apple can respond quickly and Ubi cannot. I would love some reassurance that they are working on a resolution of this problem so it will not happen again. Waiting.....
Old 12-22-2011, 09:18 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

People are clearly opening packs and learning online. The meta-game Iím seeing is moving quickly over the last few days to lots of combo and control. Here is the counter rush deck Iíve developed in order to attack control and counter decks.

Blue Rush

Agents
5 Milita Pikeman
5 Militia Patrolman
5 Octavian Valos
5 Arquebusier
2 Donato Mancini
4 Marco Barbarigo

Actions
5 Answered Prayers
5 Untimely End
1 Royal Intervention
5 Court Order
4 Templar Sanctum
5 Papal Influence

The Play Book
Most games are simply a matter of dropping early threats that put down some pressure then countering opponentís threats as needed. Finishers include some direct burn in Papal Influence and some site boosters in Templar Sanctum.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:27 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by amn624 View Post
I'm still waiting for a response from Gabe (on BGG) and am really annoyed that Apple can respond quickly and Ubi cannot.
Can you share a link to your post on BGG?

Thanks!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:57 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottbot View Post
I've screenshot all the Templar cards at my blog (link in my signature) and will be updating with their card effects soon.
That's cool, but a picture of the back (the effects) would have been more useful.