Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-29-2011, 03:58 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I suggest you exploit the fact that Palazio Sennatorio doesn't work as worded for now. Seriously. You put one of those into play, and you can keep on hitting Animus Reboot all you want, your stuff isn't going away. The only way to deal with it, I'm guessing, is if you bounce the Palazio, but until you do that, all your Agents and Sites are gonna stick around.

IMO, that's a VERY game-breaking effect for 4 gold.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:39 AM
iPhone 4

Can someone tell me if there's a problem with the uplay website? I've just got this game and have been trying to make an account so I can get online but it keeps giving me "sorry your username is not allowed" even though I've tried numerous usernames that are fine by the rules.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:49 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
Can someone tell me if there's a problem with the uplay website? I've just got this game and have been trying to make an account so I can get online but it keeps giving me "sorry your username is not allowed" even though I've tried numerous usernames that are fine by the rules.
I had that problem too. I guess it just means it's already been used, so keep trying.

As for the meta, I'm almost 100% convinced that rush is the dominant strategy right now. At first rush was popular (but not very well done) and there were plenty of counters. Now people have moved to site decks (which are usually faster than your run of the mill rush deck) and combo/control decks. The thing is a well made rush deck can obliterate those 2.

I've had great success with both nobles and thieves. No one runs Americo Vespucci anymore, which can be a little annoying for a rush deck, since they're dead cards against most other decks in the meta. It'd be fun to play tournaments with sideboards, where I'm sure he'd show up. But in the mean time you have little to fear with a rush deck.

And when I say rush, I mean rush, not necessarily weenies. If you play a Militia Pikeman (The typical 1/1 for 1/1+) in your noble deck you're doing it wrong, since for starters he's not a noble you can pump and it's just not a threat.

Compare these 2 starts. Day 1 Militia Pikeman 1/1 on the board. Day 1 Political Patronage, Carlo... Something (1/3 official that gets +2/+2 everytime he scores). Now that's a threat right there. Something that's gonna be 2/5 by day 2 and after you play the Borgia Site, the girl that gives other nobles +1/+0 and attacks again you have a 6/8 that's hard to block.

That's the right way to play rush IMO. You have to pump your weenies until they're scary all by themselves.

Last night I crushed a control deck with something like this. I was about to win attacking with a 5/3 noble (The 4/2 that costs 2 and gives your opponent +2 income) on a Borgia site, but he had cast History Glitch. After it resolved I immediately got to 5 influence on that site and had several other pumped up nobles that had more than 5 attack so getting 10 on the other zone was a matter of half a day. Then came the Animus Reboot, but then I had already drawn a Court Order and it was over. He wasn't even close to doing his RI/Pantheon combo yet.

So in the current meta, rush + pump + denial seems to work pretty well. Plus it's fast so you can get those 15 wins in a lot less time.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistervader View Post
Yeah. It's like they split up the MTG blue share of the color pie into AC's green for draw, and blue for permission.
Green gets the bounce effects too!

I recently encountered this: AI steal my Agent with the Crime Expertise Change of Plans. After that I used Impending Pandemic to bounce all cards back to hand but guess what... My stolen Agent bounced up to AI's hand instead of mine.

In the Yugioh card game, the agent will return back to the original owner and I think this should be the cause too here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ategaw View Post
Worth reading over the deck construction basics here:
http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...gcom/academy/3
It's Magic article but many concepts apply here as well (including never going over deck limit).
Thanks for the link! I think a lot of the cards in Recollection are similar to Magic The Gathering cards: Giant Growth, Nekrataal (this is an Assassin too!) & counterspells... etc. I've design some of my decks to be like MTG Decks: SeŮor Stompy, 187-creatures deck and a Counterpost-like deck.

Last edited by ottbot; 12-29-2011 at 07:54 AM..
Old 12-29-2011, 07:44 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottbot View Post
Green gets the bounce effects too!

I recently encountered this: AI steal my Agent with the Crime Expertise Change of Plans. After that I used Impending Pandemic to bounce all cards back to hand but guess what... My stolen Agent bounced up to AI's hand instead of mine.

In the Yugioh card game, the agent will return back to the original owner and I think this should be the cause too here.
I would disagree. I'll give you that Change of Plans only says to move the agent to the AI HQ in this case, but the rules say you control agents in your HQ. Since the AI is now the controller it only makes sense it should bounce up to his hand.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jools75 View Post
Don't want to appear rude, but I know perfectly the basics of Magic:The Gathering deckbuilding. As stated already in a previous post, I played pro for some time (and the Ravnica set, full of multicolored cards, asked for consistency and courage in decision more than any previous block!) and of course some of principles can be applied here. But there are some details missing here: 1) in M:tG the deck is requested to be at least 60 cards (so I'm quite fine LOL!) 2) ACR is really based on timing and gold reserve amount, which affect our gold recovery rate and 3) it's nearly impossible to stay with fewer cards & being consistent (top tier deck at least), so as previously said, certain backup may be helpful.
Ah sorry.. didn't intend to sound condescending. I played Magic casually during Weatherlight & Tempest cycles and I wasn't even good player then

However, the article explained how consistency related to sticking to deck limit. If I need RI in my deck to win, it's just math that the chance of drawing one or two out of 5 copies is higher in 50 card deck than 60 card deck.

Bigger decks may have more combos, removals/control cards and more fun to play but it will be less consistent than smaller decks given the same limit of copies. There's a reason why Commander/Elder Dragon Highlander format is so popular (100 card singleton deck!).

Last edited by ategaw; 12-29-2011 at 11:23 AM..
Old 12-29-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
As for the meta, I'm almost 100% convinced that rush is the dominant strategy right now. At first rush was popular (but not very well done) and there were plenty of counters. Now people have moved to site decks (which are usually faster than your run of the mill rush deck) and combo/control decks. The thing is a well made rush deck can obliterate those 2.

I've had great success with both nobles and thieves. No one runs Americo Vespucci anymore, which can be a little annoying for a rush deck, since they're dead cards against most other decks in the meta.

-snip-

Day 1 Political Patronage, Carlo... Something (1/3 official that gets +2/+2 everytime he scores). Now that's a threat right there. Something that's gonna be 2/5 by day 2 and after you play the Borgia Site, the girl that gives other nobles +1/+0 and attacks again you have a 6/8 that's hard to block.

That's the right way to play rush IMO. You have to pump your weenies until they're scary all by themselves.

Last night I crushed a control deck with something like this. I was about to win attacking with a 5/3 noble (The 4/2 that costs 2 and gives your opponent +2 income) on a Borgia site, but he had cast History Glitch. After it resolved I immediately got to 5 influence on that site and had several other pumped up nobles that had more than 5 attack so getting 10 on the other zone was a matter of half a day. Then came the Animus Reboot, but then I had already drawn a Court Order and it was over. He wasn't even close to doing his RI/Pantheon combo yet.

So in the current meta, rush + pump + denial seems to work pretty well. Plus it's fast so you can get those 15 wins in a lot less time.
I played black Thieves deck which isn't even optimal since I'm still missing 2 Lanz. I splashed it with Blue for Court Order & Borgia Tower. It was pretty good. It has Change of Plans and Assassin's Guild to handle fatties and blockers so Amerigo isn't a problem. Antonio Magianis for pesky site decks.

Second version I swapped blue with purple's Political Patronage, Magnetic Personality and Arts Gallery. It was even faster but vulnerable to mass removals (lassie & wrath). I think I will get back to noble rush and splash it with purple to see how it goes. Counter + Magnetic Personality FTW?

Brontobeuf also posted couple of fatties rush decks few pages back which are also quite scary.

I'd like to say my Pantheon/RI can handle rush decks but I have yet encountered super fast one with Political Patronage so am not sure if it can survive it.

Last edited by ategaw; 12-29-2011 at 10:37 AM..
Old 12-29-2011, 12:18 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Card list

I've now completed the full card listing gallery. Huge thanks to Top Shelf for supplying the images I didn't have. Hope you all find it useful:-

http://www.hatenintendo.co.uk/acr

I also created an A-Z list to make it easier to track down which group a card belongs to by name.

If you have any suggestions for changes or additions (e.g. different ways of listing them) I'm open to suggestions!
Old 12-29-2011, 12:32 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ategaw View Post
I played black Thieves deck which isn't even optimal since I'm still missing 2 Lanz. I splashed it with Blue for Court Order & Borgia Tower. It was pretty good. It has Change of Plans and Assassin's Guild to handle fatties and blockers so Amerigo isn't a problem. Antonio Magianis for pesky site decks.

Second version I swapped blue with purple's Political Patronage, Magnetic Personality and Arts Gallery. It was even faster but vulnerable to mass removals (lassie & wrath). I think I will get back to noble rush and splash it with purple to see how it goes. Counter + Magnetic Personality FTW?

Brontobeuf also posted couple of fatties rush decks few pages back which are also quite scary.

I'd like to say my Pantheon/RI can handle rush decks but I have yet encountered super fast one with Political Patronage so am not sure if it can survive it.
I'm currently playing Noble Rush with Purple for Political Patronage (too bad I only have 4). Didn't have space for anything else unfortunately so I couldn't really fit the Magnetic Personality, though I'm considering it. I'm running 3x Ezio Auditore da Firenze for my fierce needs and since officials aren't blockable except by other officials or cunning I don't need it all that much. The deck works pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
I've now completed the full card listing gallery. Huge thanks to Top Shelf for supplying the images I didn't have. Hope you all find it useful:-

http://www.hatenintendo.co.uk/acr

I also created an A-Z list to make it easier to track down which group a card belongs to by name.

If you have any suggestions for changes or additions (e.g. different ways of listing them) I'm open to suggestions!
Thanks for this. I've found it extremely useful.
Old 12-29-2011, 12:33 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Itís that time! Below is the Order / Faith Control deck I created on Christmas Eve and have been tweaking since then. Itís by far my favorite deck at the moment (and thatís strange because I loved aggressive decks when I played Magic).

Lawful Good

Agents
5x Teodor Viscardi
2x Silvio Barbarigo
3x Cesare Borgia

Actions
5x Answered Prayers
5x Untimely End
5x Forced Inheritance
1x Royal Intervention
3x Radical Demotion
5x Court Order
2x Ancestral Discovery
5x Preemptive Strike
3x Doomsday
3x Wrath of the Righteous
3x Animus Reboot

Strategy
Itís a classic control deck with Wrath of the Righteous and Animus Reboot to control the board, Answered Prayers and Doomsdayís to punish opponents for holding cards in their hands, and 18 counter spells to answer everything else.

Rush decks have trouble with the global removal and counter spells, control decks struggle against the hand destruction and counter spells.

Notes
- Youíre looking for Forced Inheritance in your opening hand. If you donít have it, mulligan for it.
- Depending on the metagame Iím considering swapping one Radical Demotion with another Royal Intervention.