Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #871  
Old 01-13-2012, 11:29 AM
xDiNNeRx xDiNNeRx is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middleburg, FL, USA
Posts: 9
Default

The Auction House will make us happy. Porting it to the other iOS devices will increase the user base by thousands. I like the prospect of both. Getting a new card set without an AH or easier way to get credits doesn't interest me because I won't be able to buy them. New missions will be fun. I'd also like to be able to get XP and credits for beating AI or at least a specific tough AI. Sometimes, I just don't want to play online, but I won't get anything so I just don't play it at all(in those situations)
Reply With Quote
  #872  
Old 01-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Boobi Boobi is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 370
Default

How can a trading card game not have an auction house, better what else was more important? The trading aspect, the auction house is the glue that makes the game fun and social. If they did not plan it they should have just made
AC solitaire.
Reply With Quote
  #873  
Old 01-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Boobi Boobi is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuism View Post
Why don't you register on the forum, only takes a minute, really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontobeuf View Post
We have admin powers to check out stuff about it.
I say it's legit, or really evil!

Mmmmmmm let's not.
Reply With Quote
  #874  
Old 01-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Brontobeuf Brontobeuf is offline
Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Default

Well, I don't know. From a very selfish pov, yes, the AH is the most important for me. I want to complete the collection, so I need it.

But if I think about it, I'm more concerned about the natchmaking. How many players who just started multiplayer games did I disgust from playing because I was playing a deck defined to beat Raphael Majere with all my teeth? A bigger player base is as much needed, and the first thing is to stop the hemorragia (?) or noobies not enjoying the multiplayer mode. More players means everything in fact. Better players, better decks to beat, more money for Ubi to support the game etc.

Maybe an option "templar only" or "no rares" could be something not that hard to implement, and help with it.
Reply With Quote
  #875  
Old 01-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Baracus Baracus is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontobeuf View Post
Well, I don't know. From a very selfish pov, yes, the AH is the most important for me. I want to complete the collection, so I need it.

But if I think about it, I'm more concerned about the natchmaking. How many players who just started multiplayer games did I disgust from playing because I was playing a deck defined to beat Raphael Majere with all my teeth? A bigger player base is as much needed, and the first thing is to stop the hemorragia (?) or noobies not enjoying the multiplayer mode. More players means everything in fact. Better players, better decks to beat, more money for Ubi to support the game etc.

Maybe an option "templar only" or "no rares" could be something not that hard to implement, and help with it.
Very good idea and realistic view. Ubi need to hear this one. Post it there too? And our community forum (if really Gabriel is checking every day!)
Reply With Quote
  #876  
Old 01-14-2012, 03:30 AM
Raphael Majere Raphael Majere is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontobeuf View Post
Well, I don't know. From a very selfish pov, yes, the AH is the most important for me. I want to complete the collection, so I need it.

But if I think about it, I'm more concerned about the natchmaking. How many players who just started multiplayer games did I disgust from playing because I was playing a deck defined to beat Raphael Majere with all my teeth? A bigger player base is as much needed, and the first thing is to stop the hemorragia (?) or noobies not enjoying the multiplayer mode. More players means everything in fact. Better players, better decks to beat, more money for Ubi to support the game etc.

Maybe an option "templar only" or "no rares" could be something not that hard to implement, and help with it.
What? I am lost. Was that a compliment or a dig at me? I can't tell. Bad command of English. I apologise in advance.

The AH would help everyone. the big players and the new players.

I like Bronto's idea of 'templar only' or 'no rares'. I would play in those categories. I like challenges.

Shadow Era took a long time to get their match making right. But i think they got it now. (Of cos, many OTHER aspects of the game need improvements). Right now, the SE ratings are like TrueSkill on Xbox, and the ratings gap is 50 points between 2 players at higher levels, ie. a rated 250 player will only play vs someone from 200 to 300 rating points. All in all, my experience is that the system does match me with someone close to my skill.

Some have even suggested 25 points gap only, but i feel that would be too difficult: it's pointless to wait 5 mins for the system to find an opponent for you. And SE has a very large player base - probably half a million? (Compared to 7000 ACR players)
Reply With Quote
  #877  
Old 01-14-2012, 06:40 AM
Brontobeuf Brontobeuf is offline
Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Default

Hehe nothing bad nor good! I said that if I design a deck to kill your deck, it will be a good one, certainly carrying all the weapons available to counter you. Including strong anti-play strategy like discard-lock etc.

If I know this is ok to play with that deck against someone who already played a lot of games, but I also know this is the opposite of fun for a noob to face me when I play that.
Reply With Quote
  #878  
Old 01-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Raphael Majere Raphael Majere is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontobeuf View Post
Hehe nothing bad nor good! I said that if I design a deck to kill your deck, it will be a good one, certainly carrying all the weapons available to counter you. Including strong anti-play strategy like discard-lock etc.

If I know this is ok to play with that deck against someone who already played a lot of games, but I also know this is the opposite of fun for a noob to face me when I play that.
I am even more lost but never mind.
Reply With Quote
  #879  
Old 01-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Boobi Boobi is offline
Senior Member
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 370
Default

I get what Bronto is saying, and I get that a spier deck for experts burns but I just look at it as learning experience. Some new players may not and will become frustrated fast. Again the auction house would help people trade cards and make better decks.
It always come down to the auction house.
Reply With Quote
  #880  
Old 01-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Raphael Majere Raphael Majere is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobi View Post
I get what Bronto is saying, and I get that a spier deck for experts burns but I just look at it as learning experience. Some new players may not and will become frustrated fast. Again the auction house would help people trade cards and make better decks.
It always come down to the auction house.
I agree with this a lot, as with most people. I set up another uplay account and I could play the game from scratch. Basically, I was inspired by Ringel, who reach top 50 in rating table WITHOUT spending any in-app. ie. only paid 0.99.

I finished the AI with relative ease (blue/red, since papal and the 6/4 agent were common and I had Rodigo) but as soon as I hit PvP, I got owned bad and from that perspective, I can see that this game may lose players very easily. I beat new players very easily (Gruesome gallows at t1) and in most games, they never got a chance. No one likes to lose like that.

What the auction house will do: give people hope. The same new players who got pwned bad at least has a chance to sell their 'useless' rares and focus on building '1' good deck. Once they start winning, they'll get hooked and want to build other decks, = buying more credits.

(And going, "Urg! Why did I sell my Ezio, Assassin 3 days ago!!!")

My humble opinion, if any dev reading this:

1. Make the Auction house your first priority now.
2. Solve the major bugs.

And the game will gain a lot of popularity. IMO, there is no use trying to resolve other issues if the game loses players/cannot attract new players/players leaving after getting pwned too easily with no hope of becoming better.

my 2c.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent