★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Do Do Egg $1.99 -> FREE

12-01-2011, 12:20 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Do Do Egg $1.99 -> FREE

12-01-2011, 12:29 PM
Meant to post this last night when it went free. Seems like a good game, but the drawing/linking mechanic doesn't always seem to work the way I expect it to.

12-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Haha, this time it's you who double post this syntheticvoid : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=114895
Allright though, good game!

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
12-01-2011, 12:40 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agas View Post
Haha, this time it's you who double post this syntheticvoid : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=114895
Allright though, good game!
yeah, last time I brought up a double post, I was virtually slapped - so now... =oP

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 12-01-2011 at 01:54 PM.
11-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Do Do EGG! FREE

FREE bump ================ PONOS =============

11-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Whoa! Those are some big graphically enhanced thingos in that screen shot! Wow! Guess I'll give this game a whirl.
11-21-2012, 09:19 AM
I played this a bit yesterday. I'm old enough that I don't need to see virtual bazongas to make a game interesting, it's the gameplay that I'm concerned with and after the other two Ponos games that went free I figured I'd just go ahead and get this one. Nicely the title screen (which looks like it does above) is the "Summer" mode which can be turned off by button on the menu for the game which makes the title screen more family friendly.

Nuff said about that, the gameplay mechanic is actually pretty solid. I had no issues drawing my way around the screen to link the eggs. The goal is simply to join 2 eggs of the same color by connecting them with a line... the kicker is you have to have 2 eggs of any other color in between. The interesting thing is you can keep chaining in more eggs as long as there are those two in-between other color eggs in the mix. My max chain was 6x in my first play through.

Example (colors represent eggs)... Red - Yellow - Blue - Red - Green - Yellow - Red
That would be 2x chain with the red eggs... the other eggs don't matter what color they are.

One of the reviews, including a mention in the TA article about the price drops, says stuff about how the other modes are hidden behind a huge IAP pay wall. Nay. This isn't true. Yes you can get them with $$.. but in one game I managed to get a score that unlocked the second mode. So I think anyone with a brain for these kinds of games should easily be able to chain moves together enough to get above the 80K or whatever score it is to unlock the second mode. I think I had over 90K on my first game.

So, don't let the title screen make you feel like a perve for download it. There is a button to change the title screen back to the normal Do Do Egg (instead of Do Do Egg Summer). This game is worthy of some hype.
11-21-2012, 09:27 AM
@ nightc1 -

Hey! Thanks so much for the impressions! I'm a huge PONOS fan, and while I enjoy, well, you know, as much as the next person, I was a little worried based on the change in, lets' just say "character design" and whether or not the gameplay meets the standards I've come to expect from PONOS.

It sounds like it does! Thanks again for posting impressions!

DBC

I could never give up.
11-21-2012, 09:32 AM
My favorite Ponos game is Mr Ninja, so im recommending you guys to pick that up

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
11-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
My favorite Ponos game is Mr Ninja, so im recommending you guys to pick that up
I dig Mr. Ninja, but for some reason I always go back to Mr. Aaaahhh...

Its just so devilishly simple, and the BGM/sounds? Love it! It's one of VERY few games that have never been removed from my iDevices...

DBC

I could never give up.