★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Vector Unit
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 28.5 MB
  • Version: 1.3.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Throw your flat-bottomed fanboat into high gear and slip and slide through the muddy waters of the backwoods bayou. Smash and crash through a destructible world filled with rickety swamp shacks, fishin boats, chicken coops, gators, and more. Pack your cargo hold to the brim with moonshine, tobacky, snake oil and other contraband and then sell em to the highest bidder in a rampagin 10-day race for profit and glory. Just make sure you keep an eye out for Smokey -- the more notorious you get, the more cops will come gunnin for you.

"All aspects of the game come together to create an exciting and exhilarating experience."
- AppSmile 4.5/5

"Shine Runner would be completely ridiculous if it weren't so amazing."
- Kotaku

"I have a new favorite game!"
- AppGemeinde

From the same team that brought you critically acclaimed jet ski racer Riptide GP!

---------
FEATURES:
---------

AMAZING BOAT PHYSICS
Power slide through twisting rivers with the most realistic boat physics ever seen on mobile.

COMPLETELY DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS
Crash through docks stacked high with barrels. Demolish shacks and outhouses. Punt gators and chickens. If you can see it, you can smash it!

SMUGGLE YOUR WAY TO RICHES!
Buy and sell contraband goods like Moonshine and Tobacky, smuggling them from one colorful locale to the next in a race for maximum profit.

GORGEOUS VISUALS
Explore a colorful southern world filled with high-detail boats, animated characters, beautiful bayou, marsh, and mountain environments, all running at a silky smooth framerate.

GAME CENTER SUPPORTED
Make your name in the Shine Runner Hall of Fame Leaderboards and show off your skills with some of the wackiest, most inventive Achievements around.

---------------------
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
---------------------

Join us on Facebook, and be the first to hear about updates, download custom images, and interact with the developers:
www.facebook.com/VectorUnit

For support or suggestions, email:
support@vectorunit.com

russiaone's comments:

12-02-2011, 01:05 AM
From the developers of Riptide GP.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins

Last edited by New England Gamer; 01-14-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added app info to OP

12-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Yup, hopefully the appinfo will resolve in a bit. The game looks nice btw

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
12-02-2011, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
From the developers of Riptide GP.
Sold. Looks great too, and universal for a buck.
12-02-2011, 02:25 AM
Like the concept but don't like fanboats... gonna skip this one

Guess this will be the most ridiculous reason for missing out on a game huh?
12-02-2011, 02:57 AM
Game Impressions

Really nice game. Simple, fast and fun. An absolute steal at this price.

Only issue: there's no option to disable horizon tilt when using touch controls. Clearly an oversight, but will it be fixed? Devs, if you read this, please, we need that toggle on the touch controls screen. Or for it not to reset when unchecked on the tilt control one.
12-02-2011, 03:13 AM
This looks really cool. Will have to grab this while the price is right!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
12-02-2011, 07:24 AM
Video

Youtube link | Pop Up

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!
12-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Really nice game. Simple, fast and fun. An absolute steal at this price.

Only issue: there's no option to disable horizon tilt when using touch controls. Clearly an oversight, but will it be fixed? Devs, if you read this, please, we need that toggle on the touch controls screen. Or for it not to reset when unchecked on the tilt control one.
Agreed (except for the horizon tilt bit -- making it optional would be nice, but I don't mind it all here). It's a small game, but the combination of racing and basic trading do give it a fair amount of replayability. Barreling down the river environments is a ton of fun, and when they say destructible they really mean it.

Last edited by squarezero; 12-02-2011 at 08:48 AM.
12-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Agreed (except for the horizon tilt bit -- making it optional would be nice, but I don't mind it all here). It's a small game, but the combination of racing and basic trading do give it a fair amount of replayability. Barreling down the river environments is a ton of fun, and when they say destructible they really mean it.
Bah. You agreeing with me is so 2010.

Horizon tilt makes me dizzy. Even as tastefully implemented as it is here. So if I can't disable it I pretty much can't play. Ironically I almost always go for tilt controls with racers but here touch has a much better feel.