★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Is it possible to have two publishers (publisher names) for one app?

12-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Send a message via ICQ to adrasteaGames Send a message via Skype™ to adrasteaGames
Is it possible to have two publishers (publisher names) for one app?

Assuming that two people or two companies have developed an app together:

Is it possible to have both names of the developers/publishers in the app description? So that no-one has an advantage or disadvantage in the visibility?

adrastea games homepage | top games apps - vote for your favourite game | list of our games
12-02-2011, 03:01 PM
It depends on the Publisher. You can clearly see that sometimes it is mentioned and sometimes not.

Let`s take for Example Chillingo aka Clickgamer aka Electronic Arts and Gameloft aka Ubisoft on the iTunes Store.

There are Cases where they do name the Developer:

Gameloft:

Quote:
Seller: Gameloft S.A.
"© 2009 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Published by Gameloft and developed by Agharta Studio. Gameloft and the logo Gameloft are trademarks of Gameloft in the US and/or other countries. © 2009 Agharta Studio. All Rights Reserved."
Rated 9+ for the following:
Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
But there are also a few Cases where the Developer isn`t named and i will probably go to Hell if i spoil out which Releases those might be even Gameloft hasn`t really done much in those Cases.

Chlickgamer:

Quote:
Seller: Clickgamer Technologies Ltd
© Rovio Mobile
Here we got the Case where a Name was added after the Launch. The first few Months half of the Planet believed that Angry Birds was done by Clickgamer. After hitting the first 500.000 Downloads it did change...

I can`t remember when © Rovio Mobile was added but it was done a long Time after the Launch. I would go even that far that if Angry Birds would not have been the success it is today they wouldn`t had added the Rovio Mobile Brand Tag.

Chillingo:

In the Case of Ravensword: The Fallen King it was mentioned from the Beginning - Publisher and Developer mentioned that they will work together and so it both were Named from the Beginning.

Quote:
Seller: Chillingo Ltd
© Crescent Moon Games
Rated 9+ for the following:
Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
So yes it is possible but it depends in the End on your Contract. The better your App is and the more Sales it might have the more the Publisher might be willing to name your Brand too.

Last edited by Sanuku; 12-02-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Some Typos fixed.
12-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Send a message via ICQ to adrasteaGames Send a message via Skype™ to adrasteaGames
Thanks a lot for your information!

adrastea games homepage | top games apps - vote for your favourite game | list of our games