★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: GK Paloulian
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 38.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: You are a commander of the Human Space Force piloting some of the worlds most deadly space fighters. You were on a routine recon mission through a busy asteroid field when suddenly an alien army began to ambush you. Navigate the asteroid field and fight off the deadly alien horde to survive for as long as you can.

Introducing Space Force, a fun and easy to play space shooter for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad! Jump into the cockpit of a powerful space fighter and try to survive as long as you can against the alien horde!

FEATURES
Easy to Play: Tilt to steer your ship and swipe on enemies to fire!
Combo System: Swipe on multiple enemies to rack up combo multipliers!
Gorgeous Visuals: 3D graphics powered by Unity 3D
Multiple Ships: Choose from 23 different ships each with their own strengths!
Countless Enemies: Fight off waves and waves of different types of alien spacecraft
Epic Boss Battles: Go toe-to-toe against a variety of bosses!
Universal App: Space Force works on iPhone 4, 4S, iPod Touch 3rd and 4th
generation, and iPad 2!
Game Center: Track your score on the leader boards and unlock achievements!
Free Forever: Best of all, Space Force will always be FREE TO PLAY

We've been working on Space Force for a long time here at Random Pixel Games and we would love to know what you think of our game! Feel free to leave a review, email us at info@randompixelgames.com, or hit us up on Twitter @SpaceForceGame

To recalibrate your device at any time during gameplay, simply hit the pause button

george_rpg's comments:

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/space-force/id424171871?ls=1&mt=8

Description:
You are a commander of the Human Space Force piloting some of the world’s most deadly space fighters. You were on a routine recon mission through a busy asteroid field when suddenly an alien army began to ambush you. Navigate the asteroid field and fight off the deadly alien horde to survive for as long as you can.

Introducing Space Force, a fun and easy to play space shooter for iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad! Jump into the cockpit of a powerful space fighter and try to survive as long as you can against the alien horde!

FEATURES
• Easy to Play: Tilt to steer your ship and swipe on enemies to fire!
• Combo System: Swipe on multiple enemies to rack up combo multipliers!
• Gorgeous Visuals: 3D graphics powered by Unity 3D
• Multiple Ships: Choose from 23 different ships each with their own strengths!
• Countless Enemies: Fight off waves and waves of different types of alien spacecraft
• Epic Boss Battles: Go toe-to-toe against a variety of bosses!
• Universal App: Space Force works on iPhone 4, 4S, iPod Touch 3rd and 4th
generation, and iPad 2!
• Game Center: Track your score on the leader boards and unlock achievements!
• Free Forever: Best of all, Space Force will always be FREE TO PLAY

We've been working on Space Force for a long time here at Random Pixel Games and we would love to know what you think of our game! Hit us up on Twitter @SpaceForceGame!

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/space-force/id424171871?ls=1&mt=8
12-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Any impressions? I won't be able to download it until tomorrow :-(( and I don't see any videos posted on the interwebs.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.

12-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
12-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
Any impressions? I won't be able to download it until tomorrow :-(( and I don't see any videos posted on the interwebs.
Has very nice graphics and runs smooth, not 60fps though. However gameplay is stale and i prefer Tilteroids by Jack Craft over this. Similar graphics, same space tilt shooting idea, but this swiping thing is annoying (that game doesnt have them).
12-03-2011, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
damn tilt controls
I thought space tripper converted you?

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
12-03-2011, 06:43 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Space trippers not a typical shmup... I hardly consider it a shmup at all... More tilt to live with an active attack
12-03-2011, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Space trippers not a typical shmup... I hardly consider it a shmup at all... More tilt to live with an active attack
Agreed! I'll revisit Space Tripper once the relative touch control option goes live.

As for Space Force, I'll hold fire (pardon the pun) until some impressions are posted.

Have a good weekend chaps.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
12-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Looks OK, but SPACE FALCON RELOADED for iPad looks much better.
12-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Ah, the 60fps fad in action. If I ever release a game I'll cap it at 59 just to piss off the elitists.

I don't really mind the tilt controls... but it's a grower. Plenty of games play just fine with it, but some genres feel a lot less suited.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Any video? And any impressions?