CRUX Crosswords (Universal)
*** iPhone 5 LAUNCH SALE 60% OFF *** Universal Crossword Puzzle App
Now with iCloud puzzle sync, iOS 6, and iPhone 5 (taller display) support!
CRUX brings you a beautiful, fun, and intuitive way to solve crossword puzzles on your iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch.
★ Excellent ★ - WIRED App Guide : "The best crossword app for the iPad"
★★★★★ - AppAdvice.com : "A Word Puzzler’s Delight"
★★★★½ - PadGadget.com : "A highly polished crossword app with tons of features"
★★★★☆ - TouchArcade.com : "Crossword Puzzles Have Never Looked This Good"
★★★★☆ - TapMag.co.uk : "A well-developed crossword puzzler that should keep addicts happy."
CRUX presents the best crossword puzzles on the perfect platform for solving them. There are thousands of high-quality puzzles available for download from newspapers and other sources around the world. No matter if you're new to crosswords or a seasoned wordsmith, CRUX is great for everyone, and includes:
- Multiple modes help you focus on what's important
-- "Intersecting" presents a mini-puzzle made from the selected entry and all crossing entries
-- "Incomplete" shows you only what's left
-- "Related" shows only the themed or otherwise related entries
- Related entries are automatically highlighted in all modes
- Swipe gestures for directly picking any across/down entry from the grid
- Enter letters as pen or pencil
- Enter multiple letters in a cell ("rebus" entry)
- Timer with pause feature
- Clear/check/reveal a cell, entry, or the entire puzzle
- View and sort downloaded puzzles by day, month, constructor, recently opened, etc.
- Support for multiple users sharing one iPad
- iPad "Home row" control layout lets you solve a puzzle fast without moving your hands
- iPad 3-speed directional pad for cell-by-cell navigation
CRUX ships with 15 all-new and exclusive CRUX Starter puzzles by accomplished constructor Andrew Ries - no additional purchase or download required!
In addition, CRUX currently supports the following US-style online sources:
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Cox & Rathvon / Hook Sunday
- Houston Chronicle
- Ink Well
- I Swear
- NY Times Classic
* NY Times Daily
* NY Times Monthly Bonus
- Onion A.V. Club
- People Magazine
- Philadelphia Inquirer
- Washington Post Daily
- Washington Post Puzzler
- Washington Post TV
And these UK-style sources:
• Globe And Mail Cryptic
• Globe And Mail Quick
• Independent Concise
• Independent Cryptic
• Manchester Evening News
• Sydney Morning Herald Cryptic (2002-2009)
• Sydney Morning Herald Quick (2002-2009)
✻ Telegraph Cryptic
✻ Telegraph General Knowledge
✻ Telegraph General Knowledge Quick
✻ Telegraph Quick
✻ Telegraph Toughie
* These puzzles are available with a NY Times Premium Crossword Membership. NY Times home delivery customers can sign up online for a membership at no additional cost.
✻ The Telegraph puzzles are available with an online subscription. 7-day free trial available at: http://puzzles.telegraph.co.uk/site/register_free_trial
Last edited by rumsoft; 09-23-2012 at 12:50 PM. Reason: updated appinfo