★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Touch Physics

11-13-2008, 06:58 AM
Touch Physics

Any good, minions?
11-13-2008, 07:02 AM
Send a message via AIM to Renare
I'm not sure there are any minions in that game

11-13-2008, 08:36 AM
Watch the video on their site... it looks kinda fun!

http://www.gamez4touch.com/front-page#youtube

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
11-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Wow, where has this game been hiding? I'd love to see seom first hand reviews folks. Where's Arn, doesn't he buy every app in the store?
11-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Hey, that looks familiar.
11-14-2008, 12:13 AM
Touch Physics WOW!

> Wow, where has this game been hiding? I'd love to
> see seom first hand reviews folks. Where's Arn,
> doesn't he buy every app in the store?

The game only became available on iTunes last night. I was one
of the first to review it, it's had three 5 star reviews already. It's amazing,
there's is no other adjective to describe it. It's SO addiciting, that I almost
destroyed my iPhone yesterday while playing it.

I emailed the developer today to ask for a level editor, he said that he has one ready for prime time in a future upgrade if enough people purchase
this game.

You can see their video on youtube at http://www.gamez4touch.com

It's great that if you complete all levels (28 and 29 are real tough), you
can change the physics to make the game even harder !

Get it now before they put the price up, you will not regret it one bit !
11-14-2008, 12:23 AM
I bought it... I'll let you know
11-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Yeah It's definitely...dare I say it...ADDICTIVE!!!
11-14-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm interested. However, on the video we only see that the person on the video draws a circle, nothing more.

Is there more interaction required?
Otherwise I think this is a game that can be finished really quickly. From the fact that people have already reached the final levels, this won't be a game that takes a few days to complete, right?

Stefan
11-14-2008, 02:17 AM
Yeah, I saw the video and thought the same..

But I coughed up the buck anyway.

I've only been playing for a short time. I found the first levels fairly easy. You can draw any shape you want. And more than one. You can try whatever you want to move the purple circle into the yellow star. EDIT: to clarify: you can draw a shape or shapes that interact with the circle or any of the other items already on the screen. All of them react to the physics in the game. Most of them (I think except for the star) are movable. You have to devise a way to get the circle past any obstructions or over any void spaces to reach the yellow star.

I've had to attempt a couple of levels more than once as the solutions I could see for those levels required quick drawing. So far it has been a mixture of really easy and obvious, more complicated, slow responses are OK for some levels where you can take your time, and on others you need to act fast.

Now I am "stuck" on level 15. Frustrating but fun.

The concept is pretty amazing. Kinda like Trace in that you draw a solution to move the circle from the starting point to the star, but also like Jelly Car because there is physics in play. I don't have the other games mentioned in an earlier post so I can't compare it to them.

Based on my progress so far, it is a great demonstration of the capabilities of the iphone/ipod touch. I think it is well worth $1 and I expect to get a few hours enjoyment from it. I also think it will turn out to be one of those apps that you use to show off your iphone to your friends...

Last edited by snow_mani; 11-14-2008 at 02:37 AM. Reason: To clarify explanation