★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 5 in 1 - Five fun games for the price of one. More than 200 handcrafted mazes.
Hours of fun.

For those of us who just can't get enough of maze games, MagMaze will provide thrills and entertainment for hours at a time. There are more than 200 mazes of various shapes and sizes; mazes like you've never seen on the iPhone. With MagMaze, easy gameplay lets you simply change the floor color, one square at a time or maybe collect stars while avoiding enemies. Stay alert though because you leave a trail that bad guys will follow.

There are 5 basic game modes we think you'll love:
1- Get Away - Paint all maze floor tiles while avoiding the baddies.
2- The Chase - Simply grab all stars, flags or flowers scattered throughout the maze while staying clear of the enemies on your trail.
3- Squash'em - To win in this mode, mercilessly squash all the harmless bugs (hello...they're bugs!) while avoiding the less friendly type.
4- Star Search - Collect the stars from all over the maze; just you against the clock.
5- Get Out - Find and reach the exit portal and warp over to the next maze.

There are 4 user-selectable graphics sets; to suit whatever mood you're in.
4 difficulty levels give you a lot to choose from, including a no-fail mode for children or maybe even adults, looking for a bit of easy fun.
Pick between predetermined or cool, randomly generated one-of-a-kind mazes for a new experience each time.
Game control is simple and intuitive. Just swipe anywhere on the screen in the direction you want to go. Pinch zoom on the go without even pausing the action.

The option of playing with or without the magnifying glass (at an adjusted rate of scoring) adds even more variety and the pinch gesture zoom feature allows you to tailor the maze view to your liking.

Features:
-Great-looking graphics with optional magnifying glass effect. In the maze lists, scores attained with magnifying glass will be slightly higher and displayed in green. Scores attained without the magnifying glass will be displayed in yellow.
-5 distinct game play modes
-4 sets of graphics
-4 difficulty levels: Easy, Normal, Hard and a no fail mode for kids.
-200+ different mazes to unlock. 25+ random mazes of different shapes for high replay value.
-3000+ variations possible!
-Hi Scores and Achievements in Game Center
-iCade support

Coming soon:
-more mazes
-new graphics sets

-Works best on 3rd generation devices or better but will function on older devices with iOS 4.0 or later.

MagMaze's comments:
Get it while it's free.

[/QUOTE]

MagMaze support the iCade and iControlPad controllers.

Now, in version 1.20, you can play without the magnifying glass and zoom in or out.

Get it while it's free.
12-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Game Impressions

I've only played a bit so far but it seems pretty cool. As opposed to thinking of it as a straight "Maze Game" (find the one path to the exit), most of these mazes are more along the lines of Pac-Man levels you are either being chased or looking for key items depending on the chisen mode.

I'm loving how it appears to track your best local score in each of its 200 mazes across multiple modes (no way they can do this all in GC, but they might track a few random highlight stats).

The whole magnify glass highlighting your area of the maze totally reminds me of an ancient Apple II game I used to love. I can't recall the title but know it was playing "La Cucaracha" in all of its 8-bit glory.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

12-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
The whole magnify glass highlighting your area of the maze totally reminds me of an ancient Apple II game I used to love. I can't recall the title but know it was playing "La Cucaracha" in all of its 8-bit glory.
Dung Beetles AKA Tumble Bugs!
12-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghouls'r'us View Post
bingo!

My iTunes Reviews
12-05-2011, 12:39 AM
Quote:
I've only played a bit so far but it seems pretty cool. As opposed to thinking of it as a straight "Maze Game" (find the one path to the exit), most of these mazes are more along the lines of Pac-Man levels you are either being chased or looking for key items depending on the chisen mode.

I'm loving how it appears to track your best local score in each of its 200 mazes across multiple modes (no way they can do this all in GC, but they might track a few random highlight stats).

LG approval + iCade support = Buying it!

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
12-05-2011, 01:38 AM
Game Impressions

Just played a bit of Squash Mode and it is too cool! A real basic concept of trying to run over all of the green bugs while avoiding the few instantly fatal red bugs. So in one fell swoop you're having to chase and avoid stuff at the same time.

I really like the second theme with the human dude runner.

I also love how all of the modes with monsters will always randomize their placemnet each go. So even if you feel you know one of these 100's of mazes like the back of your hand, you'll still need to adapt to the chasing buggies on the fly.

My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 12-05-2011 at 01:44 AM.
12-05-2011, 01:46 AM
Quote:
I also love how all of the modes with monsters will always randomize their placemnet each go. So even if you feel you know one of these 100's of mazes like the back of your hand, you'll still need to adapt to the chasing buggies on the fly.
I actually refered to you as "the king of random" the other day. Every time I see a game with a random element on it I think "LordGek would probably enjoy this..."

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I actually refered to you as "the king of random" the other day. Every time I see a game with a random element on it I think "LordGek would probably enjoy this..."
Thanks, this weird bit of OCD on my part has turned into a personal crusade.

My iTunes Reviews
12-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Thanks a lot for the good reviews, both here and on iTunes; its greatly appreciated.

And you're right, the majority of the mazes are Pac-Man like, but players also have the option of simple 'find the exit' play in a standard maze. Just choose the "Get Out" game.
To spice things up a bit we also added an interesting twist to "Get Out" on the hard setting.

12-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMaze View Post
Thanks a lot for the good reviews, both here and on iTunes; its greatly appreciated.

And you're right, the majority of the mazes are Pac-Man like, but players also have the option of simple 'find the exit' play in a standard maze. Just choose the "Get Out" game.
To spice things up a bit we also added an interesting twist to "Get Out" on the hard setting.

Nasty!

My iTunes Reviews