★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

MagMaze (universal) Promo codes

12-04-2011, 06:59 PM
MagMaze (universal) Promo codes

[/QUOTE]

MagMaze support the iCade and iControlPad controllers.

Last edited by MagMaze; 12-07-2011 at 03:21 PM.
12-04-2011, 07:13 PM
Looks like a fun application. I have an iPad - I got 9ME99AXW9FHX. Good luck to you, and I'll try and put some impressions and / or a review in the iTunes store in the next couple of days. Thanks.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

12-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Redeemed XLN9WPJTM963. Thanks
12-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Thank you

I got JFEFT343NA49 will leave impressions

Where ever you go, there you are...
----------------------------------------
You had me at universal...
ipad2 & iPhone 5
12-05-2011, 10:01 AM
All the codes are gone, which is a shame. This looks pretty interesting. From the screenshot it reminds me of a REALLY old Apple II game "Dung Beetles" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlIxErE8Pgs

I may just have to go ahead and get this.

Edit: Yeah, after reading the description on the app store and seeing the other screenshots, I'm getting it. Just please, please, PLEASE never do what so many developers seem to do and decide later to make it free and add iAds or in-app purchases, screwing the people who have bought it.

Last edited by Collin; 12-05-2011 at 10:05 AM.
12-05-2011, 10:43 AM
To the lucky folks who got the promo codes, please do us the service of posting some impressions here. This looks quite appealing.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
12-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Game Impressions

I, being too much of a trigger happy spaz, grabbed it before I realized I might have been able to get a promo for it!

That being said it was well worth the $0.99!

As I stated in the iPhone thread, while it does contain some modes and mazes that are sort of the "find your way to the exit as quickly as possible", the majority of modes are more of the Pac-Man like variety (i.e. an interesting pattern of corridors for you to run through squashing or avoiding various bugs depending on the mode).

The game is amazingly polished, contains 4 difficulties, 5 modes of play, hundreds of mazes, and, amazingly enough, tracks your best times and scores for every configuration (even your successes vs. attempts at a specific maze). Heck it even contains some 5 skins/themes so you can play cutesy to black & white gameboy like stuff to suit your taste. The swipe controls are pitch perfect and the animations are incredibly smooth.

5/5

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin View Post
All the codes are gone, which is a shame. This looks pretty interesting. From the screenshot it reminds me of a REALLY old Apple II game "Dung Beetles" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlIxErE8Pgs

I may just have to go ahead and get this.

Edit: Yeah, after reading the description on the app store and seeing the other screenshots, I'm getting it. Just please, please, PLEASE never do what so many developers seem to do and decide later to make it free and add iAds or in-app purchases, screwing the people who have bought it.
I caught that connection too! Especially the idea of the magnifying glass showing your immediate area in some potentially huge maze.

This is Dung Beetles 2000! Dung Beetles suped up and brought to the modern era with buckets if extra fun.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
12-05-2011, 03:37 PM
The game looked interesting so I went ahead and bought it. Lots of variety and a TON of levels. Get Away is my favorite mode so far.

Do you have any plans on adding a virtual D-Pad or any other control methods?
12-05-2011, 03:49 PM
LordGek, thanks for the write up.

I went ahead and bought it and after playing for just about 10 minutes or so, I can already tell this is a winner! The different themes are all quite nice and I love the simple sounds of the game. There is something about the basic game play that makes this quite enjoyable and the swipe controls work perfectly for me.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve