★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Race in high powered V8 muscle cars from classic era to modern day. Highly realistic physics, graphics, sound, car handling and performance set this game apart.

Compete in career mode where you can experience a real racing career. Start off with a small amount of virtual credits and purchase a car to enter into organized series events. Win virtual credits from races that can be used to purchase more cars, pay for repairs and performance upgrades. Build your way up to compete in elite series events.

Modify your car by purchasing upgrades for performance and see exactly how each type of upgrade specifically improves the power and torque of the engine on a dyno chart. Purchase upgraded transmissions for faster gear shifts. Purchase better tyres for increased grip and road handling. Purchase weight reduction for better handling. Purchase suspension setups that lower the car and improve the handling from a lower center of gravity.
12-05-2011, 03:26 AM
Game Impressions

I've had the lite (iPad only) version of this game for a while and have been looking forward to the release of the full. Apparently the full is only currently out for the iPhone, while the lite can still be tried if you have an iPad as well.

I'm going to make this short:

This is the best and most realistic racing/driving sim on the iOS. In fact one of the best on any system.

The only downside is you will need a latest gen device to get the most out of the frame rate. I tested it on the iTouch 4 and the 3GS; the former runs slightly better than the latter but both are around 30 FPS. Playable enough but not ideal. On the iPad 2, both this version in 2X mode and the native iPad lite version are near enough to 60 FPS and play gloriously.

If you're a fan of racing games, particularly simulations, there's nothing on iOS that comes remotely close to this game in terms of handling and feel. Period.

Last edited by Gabrien; 12-05-2011 at 03:28 AM.

12-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Does the game look better in motion? Also, how many cars and tracks? I'm a sucker for racing games. But I have the now decrepit iPhone 4, so not sure how it would handle it.

Thanks
12-05-2011, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by russiaone View Post
Does the game look better in motion? Also, how many cars and tracks? I'm a sucker for racing games. But I have the now decrepit iPhone 4, so not sure how it would handle it.

Thanks
13 cars. 4 tracks two of which are "short" and "long" variations of the same one. It looks as plain in motion as it does in the stills. None of that remotely matters.

I would imagine it would run as well on your device as the iTouch 4? Not sure if extra memory would make much difference to the frame rate. Perhaps only in cases of occasional hiccups. It might depend on how important frame rate is to you. To me the difference between 30 and 60 FPS is enormous. To others less so. I've rubbished games in the past due to poor frame rate only to see others be completely oblivious to it. Real Racing 2 runs at 30 FPS, for what that's worth, (at least it used to; someone correct me if they've improved it since release) and it's not short of fans.

Perhaps wait and see if they release a lite if you're unsure. Logically we should see a lite for the iPhone and a full for the iPad at some point.

If somebody with a 4S tries this I'd be curious to know how it runs. Assume it should be as good as on the iPad 2 but can't know for certain without trying.

Last edited by Gabrien; 12-05-2011 at 07:43 PM.
12-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I've had the lite (iPad only) version of this game for a while and have been looking forward to the release of the full. Apparently the full is only currently out for the iPhone, while the lite can still be tried if you have an iPad as well.

I'm going to make this short:

This is the best and most realistic racing/driving sim on the iOS. In fact one of the best on any system.

The only downside is you will need a latest gen device to get the most out of the frame rate. I tested it on the iTouch 4 and the 3GS; the former runs slightly better than the latter but both are around 30 FPS. Playable enough but not ideal. On the iPad 2, both this version in 2X mode and the native iPad lite version are near enough to 60 FPS and play gloriously.

If you're a fan of racing games, particularly simulations, there's nothing on iOS that comes remotely close to this game in terms of handling and feel. Period.
Holy Crap, Gabe, you're drooling! After seeing your post, how could I not jump on this right away? Gonna play now! Thanks!
12-05-2011, 09:22 PM
For the sake of accuracy I want to add: having played through all courses with various cars, there are instances, unfortunately, where the frame rate suffers significantly even on the iPad 2.
12-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Gotta try this one out.....

If Gabrien is all over it, then my guess is it rocks!
12-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Ok.. so played for a while now...... This game is really good.... graphically not so much, but the car physics and handling are superb. I have also just noticed that the Velento Park circuit is basically the Spanish F1 track....

My only wishes are: I would love a rear view, to be able to tell how close the opposition cars are behind, more tracks and some race liveries, especially on the Torana A9X (Axe)....

Love that there are Aussie cars featured in this game!!!
12-10-2011, 11:01 PM
I just gotta chime in here and say that I totally agree... Handling on this is awesome. Definitely the best on iOS by a long shot. Feels like rFactor on PC. If you want a game that makes you feel like a driving god from the get-go then it's probably not for you, but if you like to feel a sense of achievement and harmony with the car, this has got that Sim feel for sure.

Love it, good find! Shows looks can be deceptive but actually it's not really bad graphics either.

My gaming & gadget blog: http://hatenintendo.wordpress.com
12-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPS View Post
Ok.. so played for a while now...... This game is really good.... graphically not so much, but the car physics and handling are superb. I have also just noticed that the Velento Park circuit is basically the Spanish F1 track....

My only wishes are: I would love a rear view, to be able to tell how close the opposition cars are behind, more tracks and some race liveries, especially on the Torana A9X (Axe)....

Love that there are Aussie cars featured in this game!!!
I'm fairly sure it's an Australian developer so that would explain it. Curious: how did you find the frame rate on your iTouch 4? I still think it's this game's only major weakness, but past history tells me I'm pickier in that respect than most.

Looking forward to the iPad version coming out, and really glad to see at least another couple of folks didn't let this one slip by them.

EDIT: Just tried to contact the devs and point them to this thread. Hopefully they'll turn up.

Last edited by Gabrien; 12-10-2011 at 11:40 PM.