Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-11-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Auto save works for me. Are you sure that it actually autosaved somewhere?
As I played throught the various early missions, it kept stopping the game to say saving. I assumed that it automatically saved to the "autosave" slot. But if I quit the game and come back, when I try to continue a game, the autosave slot is empty. I just restarted and am going to try again (this time also manually saving) to see what happens.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:11 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Playing this on the ipad2, not sure what the fuss is about. It is not a buggy mess at all, and plays just fine. The intro thing is about the size of the iphone screen with black borders but after that the actual game (as in what you play) scales perfectly to the ipad screen. As far as saves go, after the initial 20 minutes it doesn't save as often and even in the beginning it doesn't take that long to save maybe 10-15 seconds. People greatly exaggerate the problems they are having with this in true gamer fashion.

in short great game, totally worth the price and the universal implementation is pretty damn good excluding the intro (which I bet they had neither the time nor the budget to redo so they just left it as is with a some borders so it didn't look like ass upscaled to the ipad.) All of the gameplay is fine.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum_2107 View Post
As I played throught the various early missions, it kept stopping the game to say saving. I assumed that it automatically saved to the "autosave" slot. But if I quit the game and come back, when I try to continue a game, the autosave slot is empty. I just restarted and am going to try again (this time also manually saving) to see what happens.
Before you do that: try dumping the application from the fast app switching dock and restarting from the springboard. The auto save file may very well come back.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Before you do that: try dumping the application from the fast app switching dock and restarting from the springboard. The auto save file may very well come back.
Tried that after reading your earlier post. No luck. The autosave slot was still empty.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum_2107 View Post
Tried that after reading your earlier post. No luck. The autosave slot was still empty.
Sorry about that. Then I would just make sure to place at least one manual save file in there. As I said earlier, my auto saves work fine, but I do have a couple of manual save files in there.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Sorry about that. Then I would just make sure to place at least one manual save file in there. As I said earlier, my auto saves work fine, but I do have a couple of manual save files in there.
No worries. Thanks for your help. It appears to be working now. Just loaded up without issue. Not sure what the problem was the first time around. I'll keep some manual saves on hand just in case. I like the game too, by the way.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:13 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Yup my save games keep vanishing. Even the manually saved ones. So i keep having to start from the beginning. It only found a successful autosave once and that was completely random too.

And take a look at this cropped screenshot. Do you still think this was ready for paid release? Yes or no?

Tapping over where it says No is registered as a Yes by the way.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riChchestMat View Post
Yup my save games keep vanishing. Even the manually saved ones. So i keep having to start from the beginning. It only found a successful autosave once and that was completely random too.

And take a look at this cropped screenshot. Do you still think this was ready for paid release? Yes or no?

Tapping over where it says No is registered as a Yes by the way.
Your save games are still there. The problem (which I thought had been fixed with this update, but it wasn't) happens when the game quits in the background. As I mentioned earlier, to get the saves back, dump the file from the dock manually and restart from the springboard. If that doesn't work, then do it again. I've been playing the game regularly since the update and I have not lost a single minute of gameplay. Hopefully the problem gets fixed on the next update.

The way to avoid the problem is to exit the game from the system menu when you are do playing (if you are just switching to answer a phone call the issue does not crop up. That's not an ideal solution, and the developer should definitely deal with the bug for good in the next update, together with any iPad glitchiness that comes up.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
Playing this on the ipad2, not sure what the fuss is about. It is not a buggy mess at all, and plays just fine. The intro thing is about the size of the iphone screen with black borders but after that the actual game (as in what you play) scales perfectly to the ipad screen. As far as saves go, after the initial 20 minutes it doesn't save as often and even in the beginning it doesn't take that long to save maybe 10-15 seconds. People greatly exaggerate the problems they are having with this in true gamer fashion.

in short great game, totally worth the price and the universal implementation is pretty damn good excluding the intro (which I bet they had neither the time nor the budget to redo so they just left it as is with a some borders so it didn't look like ass upscaled to the ipad.) All of the gameplay is fine.
then I am buying it now!
Old 01-12-2012, 08:56 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

OMG! How the hell did i miss this? And its from "THE" Sandy!!! Just bought it, will give impressions once i'm DONE with the game.