Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-05-2011, 10:19 AM

This looks pretty cool. I am a sucker for this sort of thing too.

I wish though, while I know it is the "cooler" way to shoot a video, the video showed more how the controls were being inputted for those battles. Also, is there an over world map with towns to find? A progressive type of upgrade system? Can you change the character you control? Oh so many questions - so just waiting for some impressions. The game will still be here when I get back!
Old 12-05-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post

I wish though, while I know it is the "cooler" way to shoot a video, the video showed more how the controls were being inputted for those battles. Also, is there an over world map with towns to find? A progressive type of upgrade system? Can you change the character you control? Oh so many questions - so just waiting for some impressions. The game will still be here when I get back!
I believe that the video shows alpha footage of either the Wii or PSP version of the game -- that's why there are no screen controls. I'll try to update folks at lunchtime (EST).
Old 12-05-2011, 10:31 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Since the iPad version is coming this month, I will wait for that. very impressive looking game.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:11 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Since the iPad version is coming this month, I will wait for that. very impressive looking game.
My thoughts exactly. I look forward to getting it when the time comes. The battle screen mechanics looked similar to Valhalla Knights which I loved. Looking forward to more impressions.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:41 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Default Come join the struggle/Love!

I sent all the TrueBlue heads in this thread a invite... come join the darkside of the force!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/group.php?groupid=534

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
My thoughts exactly. I look forward to getting it when the time comes. The battle screen mechanics looked similar to Valhalla Knights which I loved. Looking forward to more impressions.
I would love that but on the site its called a action-rpg and seems to have all the bells and whistles of a basic action rpg UI...hmmmm i wonder?

Last edited by Trev1; 12-05-2011 at 11:46 AM..
Old 12-05-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I believe that the video shows alpha footage of either the Wii or PSP version of the game -- that's why there are no screen controls. I'll try to update folks at lunchtime (EST).
I mistook the cross in the lower left corner to be a d pad - at closer inspection it seems to have some actual effects on them. I am very curious now!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:51 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
I mistook the cross in the lower left corner to be a d pad - at closer inspection it seems to have some actual effects on them. I am very curious now!
but check this...? your not alone in the curious cloud...lol

Quote:
Osiris Legends features fast-moving real-time combat. You can attack, dodge, sidestep, backflip, cast spells, and use a variety of special energy attacks to annihilate the monsters, freaks, and undead that populate the world of Osiris Legends. Ultimately, you get 8 different characters from which to choose a battle party of 3. You choose which abilities and spells each person takes into combat, and can customize your selection before every fight. Your abilities and spells can shoot flaming arrows, leave explosive mines on the field of battle, heal your wounds by injuring the enemy, or even detonate an explosion at your own feet to knock back and stun the opponents.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:04 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I'm with you BT - gonna hold off for the iPad version for sure...
Old 12-05-2011, 03:19 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
That is for the Wii version of the game, the iOS version has a D-Pad and looks way fuzzier than the Wii version does.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi541 View Post
That is for the Wii version of the game, the iOS version has a D-Pad and looks way fuzzier than the Wii version does.
Arashi is right -- I'm the one who made that video and worked there and it was designed for the DS/Wii/PSP. I worked creating abilities, combat, and other stuff. However, I have not been in development with the iOS version (went back to school) so I can't talk about how that shifted the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer

There is an overworld map with towns. Upgrading and exploring is pretty light -- you gain new abilities, buy new weapons, and can travel on the world map to selected cities. It's very light, sorry

Unfortunately, you just get to use your main character. I would have loved if you could change characters in order to enjoy their own special abilities, but we couldn't get that done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullroar View Post
Not so fast there, cowboy. While I too like the "no IAP" sentiment, it says that in game purchases are not REQUIRED - not that they don't (or won't) exist.

A coming update may just introduce "crystals" or something.
We did discuss IAP. I was leaning more heavily towards purely aesthetic things if IAP would ever be involved, such as buying a cute pet here or there. I don't know what the future is for Osiris and IAP though, I personally would not like it if it was a 'pay to win' kind of deal or your typical dlc where the main game feels incomplete. My opinions are my own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
Wow thanks for the video.. I looked briefly and couldn't find one ..was it on their site? Anyhow that video really made it difficult not buy it right this sec! I thought this was a action RPG because of the controls?
<3
I hope the iOS version works well with the controls. I playtested using the keyboard controls (which albeit have a steeper learning curve, are very responsive) so I can't comment how the 'real' game feels.

----
I have yet to try the iOS version, I'm hoping it converted well *crosses finger*
the 8.99 is a pretty steep price, I'm with you guys there. If you guys have any other questions, I'll be around to answer them.

Last edited by RustedApple; 12-05-2011 at 05:20 PM..