★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: AS SEEN ON ACTION NEWS TELEVISION!
As seen on Apple's New and Noteworthy!

Get ready for some serious monster truck racing action!! Use your driving skills and power-ups to take the checkered flag!

Play against your friends in multiplayer, or take on computer opponents in a frantic race to the finish line!

Unsatisfied with current racing games, two brothers, Jared, age 7, and Evan, age 6, put their pencils to paper to sketch out a unique new racing game. Our artists and programmers went to work to make these young game-designers vision a reality, and here is the exciting result!

Welcome to Tires of Fury Island! Here, youll race across a wide variety of environments against a rag-tag group of unique racing machines and drivers.

Head to the garage and pick your ride from a line-up of monster trucks like youve never seen: Including pirate ships, laser tanks, space ships, and more! Each one has a unique balance of attributes that you can upgrade according to your preferences using your racing prizes. Also, three unique drivers each offer an additional boost to your stats.

Use power-ups like rockets, oil slicks and nitros to give you the edge you need to win! But be careful, everyone else will be using them as well! Blast, slick and boost your way to the win! Even the environments are against you as you dodge truck-crushing boulders and giant snowballs that can instantly change the outcome of a race.

Features:
6 unique monster trucks let you race in style!
Play iPhone head-to-head racing over BlueTooth without any wifi hotspot or internet!
Play simultaneously with up to 7 other friends online, over WiFi, or even over the Internet!
Lots of racetracks: Race in snowy mountains, spooky swamps, city streets and everything in between!
Destroy your opponents with a weapons arsenal including homing missiles and oil slicks!
Customize your truck with top speed, acceleration and handling boosts!
Enhanced for iPad
NEW Version 1.4 now available! Remove all advertisements by purchasing any of the in-app purchases.

Tires of Fury is also available on the Apple Mac App Store for cross-device online multiplayer between iPhones/iPads/iPod touchs, and Macs, all at the same time!

Watch Jared's interview on broadcast television:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWRBN6w4OhA&context=C2f3bfADOEgsToPDskLFMg6H0fn_PKOry_fQL33u

CzarCastic's comments:

Has anybody played this? It looks like it's a cool monster truck racing game, but I'm afraid they've priced themselves out of the market with a $5 title as their first iOS release. It's outside of my impulse purchase window, so I turn to you, my fellow TouchArcadians for info. For now, it's on my wishlist until the inevitable $0.99 sale.
12-05-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm not a fan of the small print found at the bottom of screenshots 5 and 10:

Quote:
This app and its advertisers may collect and transmit usage data; any use of this application constitutes your consent as applicable.
I realize that a lot of apps do this, but none of them come out and say it explicitly like this one. Either they're an upstanding developer and they want you to know this up front, or they're shady and protecting themselves from a potential firestorm of drama. What exactly are they doing with the data that makes them want to come out and say something like that?

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

12-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Looks intersting. Mightb give it later a Try and report back when i am back from Work.
12-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Saw this earlier when browsing new releases and wish-listed it. Looks pretty good.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
12-05-2011, 05:10 PM
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for considering our game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
I'm not a fan of the small print found at the bottom of screenshots 5 and 10:

I realize that a lot of apps do this, but none of them come out and say it explicitly like this one. Either they're an upstanding developer and they want you to know this up front, or they're shady and protecting themselves from a potential firestorm of drama. What exactly are they doing with the data that makes them want to come out and say something like that?
We do not collect any data on our games.

Its like you said we are trying to be upfront with all of you guys. This game itself does not take any data or serve ads. The ad services and distribution channels we use might collect data. That is why it was decided it was best to just go ahead and add that disclaimer to all our games. We want to be honest with everyone.

Thanks for taking interest in our games!

Last edited by IgnotusGames; 12-05-2011 at 05:38 PM.
12-05-2011, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnotusGames View Post
Hello Everyone!

Thanks for considering our game.

Its like you said we are trying to be upfront with all of you guys. This game itself does not take any data or serve ads. But we have another game that is coming out that serves ads and its free. It was decided it was best to just go ahead and add that disclaimer to all our games. We want to be honest with everyone.

Thanks for taking interest in our games!
Buy these apps and everything you ever do whether your device is on or off will be recorded and used against you in a court of law.
12-08-2011, 05:34 PM
On sale! $4.99-->$2.99

I may have to TOFTT at that price. Let's see if I can pull myself away from all of the other games I recently downloaded.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
12-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Another new game, this one looks fun, need to check out a video soon

I dont care about the 'collecting data' line on those screenshots, think we live in a paranoid world nowadays. Everyday i'm recorded on CCTV etc , i'm not too bothered about a tiny ipod app ! Nothing to worry about here, move along, move along !
12-08-2011, 06:21 PM
I'd like to see video as well.
12-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Found a trailer video with some gameplay in it, http://ignotusgames.com/games/item/5-tires-of-fury