★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Barney - Exciting side-scrolling platform game

12-06-2011, 04:08 AM
Send a message via MSN to SunHpp
Barney - Exciting side-scrolling platform game

The adventures of Barney is here! This is an exciting side-scrolling platform games just like Aladdin with many weapons and player upgrades, jump defense and attack.
Slime Gun, Grenade Gun, Rocket Gun, Auto Rocket Gun, Rail Gun. Upgradable weapons.

ONLY 0.99 for a limited time !!!!

Better stability version 1.2 is available.

- iPad version Universal Binary with HD graphics
- Core memory leaks fixes causing crashes

Barney platformer and shooter V1.1 is available

- GameCenter Leaderboard and 10 achievements badges
- Core engine bug fixs causing crashes

Fun games for iPhone, iPad and Computer http://jadegame.com/

Last edited by SunHpp; 12-14-2011 at 02:04 AM.
12-06-2011, 04:33 AM
Lol. I thought its the game about Barney the purple dinosaur!

12-06-2011, 05:50 AM
Yeah me too, was thinking that I could get a Barney game for my nephew. =P
12-06-2011, 05:59 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Any word on the physics n controls??
12-06-2011, 07:41 AM
K...

Got about halfway into the first level before it crashed on me...

But before that point, the joystick control seemed to work alright, was a little weird, but could see myself getting use to it. Your character jumps kinda high, and would like to see the gravity be lightened up a bit, as it feels line you're being pulled down instead of falling. The colision detection on the platforms is also kinda weird.... Sometimes on the edge of a platform you could be standing on nothing, but then when trying to jump up to the platform, you can touch the edge of it, like your toe is able to keep you on the platform...

Also, it seems there's platforms you cam jump up through, and others you can't, but there's no aesthetic difference between the two.

Other than that, the 30 seconds I was able to play seemed alright... =o/

I'm interested in seeing how the upgrade system works, and if it'll effect the physics.

***just came back to say that the game has crashed on me 6 times now. Each time in the first level.

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 12-06-2011 at 07:46 AM.
12-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
K...

But before that point, the joystick control seemed to work alright, was a little weird, but could see myself getting use to it. Your character jumps kinda high, and would like to see the gravity be lightened up a bit, as it feels line you're being pulled down instead of falling. The colision detection on the platforms is also kinda weird.... Sometimes on the edge of a platform you could be standing on nothing, but then when trying to jump up to the platform, you can touch the edge of it, like your toe is able to keep you on the platform...

Also, it seems there's platforms you cam jump up through, and others you can't, but there's no aesthetic difference between the two.

I'm interested in seeing how the upgrade system works, and if it'll effect the physics.

***just came back to say that the game has crashed on me 6 times now. Each time in the first level.
Hmmmmm. And yet no mention of a fat purple singing dinosaur. Can someone please provide accurate impressions of this game?

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
12-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
Hmmmmm. And yet no mention of a fat purple singing dinosaur. Can someone please provide accurate impressions of this game?
Ummm okay, guess I'm done TOFTT...
12-06-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Ummm okay, guess I'm done TOFTT...
It is. caanerud was just engaging in the comedy equivalent of beating a dead horse. Personally, I can say that you saved me .99. .
12-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Send a message via MSN to SunHpp
Hello my friends,

i have just fix and submited a new version 1.1 of the game including gamecenter leaderboards and 10 achievements badges along with a few core bug fixes causing crash.

Hope you like the game and thank you very much all for your patience!

julien meyer.

Fun games for iPhone, iPad and Computer http://jadegame.com/
12-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
K...

Well, guess I'll be passing this one up. At least until theres more updates, thanks syntheticvoid!!

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.