Support our Sponsors:

Old 12-01-2012, 06:45 AM

Default Spaceteam

Old 12-01-2012, 06:46 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This is a cool idea, I love twisting knobs and flicking switches but the 2 to four player local play is no good for me.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:44 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

YESYESYESYESYESYES. I can say, without any exaggeration whatsoever, that this is easily the best game to have been released this week. My god, it's so mind-bogglingly brilliant that I really, really hope the developer succeeds and profits from this.

While the above sounds suspiciously like sarcasm, it's not - this game really is that great. Don't be fooled into thinking you're just turning knobs and flicking switches, either, as the game quickly becomes far more involved than that.

At the point where you're staring at your randomly-assembled control panel, yelling at somebody to turn the Swigglethorp Dial to 3, while they're telling you to "turn off the thing that looks like a shoe", while you're trying to replace a swinging panel that's come loose, while they're trying to see under slime that's leaking over the pieces, while you're both shaking your devices to avoid an asteroid while your screens are wibbly-wobbly (timey-wimey) because you failed to avoid a wormhole, you know you've arrived.

The only real flaw here is the strict 2-4 player requirement, but if you have extra devices of your own, this makes a very solid single-player experience as well. I think the developer should add a solo mode so that everybody can have the chance to see how it plays; this will help word of the game get around more effectively than it will if the advertising is just left up to gamers who frequently have 2-4 other people to play with, which traditionally isn't the largest demographic. :P

Everybody with friends or multiple devices should be downloading this right now. Too slow! Now! While the game is free, I highly recommend picking up the $1 Challenge IAP that unlocks two hard mode switches (one to start at sector 10, bypassing the earlier levels, and one that forces some of your panel pieces in each sector to be in picture form, rather than in words) and achievements. The other two cosmetic IAPs can be taken or left depending on personal preference, and how generous you're feeling.

Incidentally, the credits screen features the best game theme song since Devil's Attorney. >_>
Old 12-01-2012, 09:20 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Well based on your opinion appletini I'll try and get the wife and kids to ay when they come home we've got 2 iPods and an ipad so I'll try it out in three Player and see what it's like.

Personally I'd just want a mode where my ipad had loads of buttons and switches on it and it shouts out press this flick that etc. I'd play that
Old 12-01-2012, 09:21 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I concur. Very fun and original game. Just played 2 player with girlfriend. Shame it's so situational to need players in the same room so I just can't see it working over VOIP but really interesting idea. Could do with some more obvious visual feedback to say if your partner did their action in time is the only improvement I can think of right now.

If you got someone to play with, get it! It's like first person FTL!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:22 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post

Personally I'd just want a mode where my ipad had loads of buttons and switches on it and it shouts out press this flick that etc. I'd play that
Yes! This needs to be a thing! I would take an IAP for that!
Old 12-01-2012, 10:05 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

This game is FANTASTIC - can't stress how fun it is. Played a few times with my wife and we bought the challenge pack to support the dev. Looking forward to trying it with 2 more people!

Anyone know how to "flip" properly when faced with a wormhole? We've tried everything we can think and can't seem to avoid them...
Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Yeah, that's what I meant by a solo mode; while you can play it single-player by controlling two devices, it'd be nice to have a mode you can play on one. I played this earlier with my 4th-gen iPad and 4th-gen iPod Touch next to each other, and it was a lot of fun, largely because you have to keep track of what pieces go where, not to mention physically move both devices for certain events, and keep trying to repair the damaged parts that literally get in the way of the controls.

If you doubled the amount of random things people are given to play with on-screen, and threw extra events at the player (panels coming loose, electric arcs causing input not to register if you touch them, slime covering labels, etc.) combined with an ever-decreasing time limit for input, it'd work as a practice mode of sorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyprime View Post
Anyone know how to "flip" properly when faced with a wormhole? We've tried everything we can think and can't seem to avoid them...
Turn your device upside-down until you're given the "SAFE" screen; bear in mind that all players have to do this at the same time, just like shaking the device to avoid asteroids.

Last edited by Appletini; 12-01-2012 at 10:16 AM..
Old 12-01-2012, 02:39 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Ok so I've just played a two player game with my daughter and I can't deny that it's certainly fun in multi player. It's just a shame that its multiplayer only.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:28 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceyprime View Post
You 'flip' by holding your device upside down (so that the home button is on top.) It took us forever to figure this out. We were spinning our phones in the air trying to get it to work.