★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Best controls game.

05-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Best controls game.

Which game has the best controls?

I was trying the lite version of Dropship and I found it has great controls. Very cool.

What you think?
05-06-2009, 06:51 AM
I really liked iDracula's controls. Found them to be excellent.

Twitter: @Zincous

05-06-2009, 07:07 AM

Glyder and Galaxy on Fire both have very solid tilt controls. I was actually surprised by both of them as I tend to hate motion control.

Touch: Vector Tanks control method is perfect for Battlezone.

Not that there aren't other great games with solid controls those were just the ones that stick out in my mind. Wolfenstein 3d as an example has a ton of various control options and movable icons. Customization was the order of the day with Wolf3d.
05-06-2009, 07:10 AM
That would depend on the game: some need two hands, some need one hand & one finger, some need two thumbs, etc.
05-06-2009, 07:38 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to IPete2
Best controls - easy to use and understand

I think the game with the best controls I have played so far is our own 'Slippy Feet' .

The tilt sensitivity is just right. The touch top and bottom of screen give you increased control over Slippy's leaping and catching abilities and can even easily get him out of a watery predicament - if he falls in to the ocean touch quickly enough and he will leap out again. You can arc him in just the right way to catch multiple snowflakes in one go, if you get it right.

His movement changes as the game progresses so its always testing you too. You can get away with unleashing multiple jumps if you time it just right too, so Slippy can dance across the sky leaving a trail whisp to show where he's been.

Even the highscore table entry controls feature big enough touch areas to get my fingers accurately spelling out my name.

All in all I reckon pretty much brilliant.

Peter M. Caddock
Head Of New Technologies
Studio Liddell
05-06-2009, 07:58 AM
For me, controls are good when I don't think about them and can just play. My winners are Scoops, Flight Control, Rolando, Wooden Labyrinth and Motion X Poker.

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
05-06-2009, 08:23 AM
iDracula was the first game where I noticed the controls felt spot on.
05-06-2009, 09:00 AM
1. Labyrinth (no explanation neeeded, a 4 y.o. can play it as well as a 60 y.o.)
2. Up There
3. Scoops
4. iDracula
5. Ancient Frog

6. Zen Bound
7. Sway (some people get frustrated but I really enjoy the controls)
8. MGS touch (control works well)
9. Fieldrunners
10. Nanosaurs

11. and of course, Snail Mail! (it won best use of accelerometer award on some website).

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
05-06-2009, 09:02 AM
iDracula, Flight Control, and Sway.

I loved iDracula's controls, they were amazing! Perfect for that type of game.
05-06-2009, 09:07 AM
It's funny, because iDracula controls are the same as Dropship controls, but everyone refers to them as iDracula controls. I guess it's because iDracula is more popular.

I think Dropship has good controls. Any app has a good control scheme when it works.

l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?