Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-05-2012, 08:37 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj View Post
Hi, I have found an issue with the game. I played this game a while back and have only recently started to use game center. The problem is, it shows I have 0 achievements, it doesn't give me the ones I should have earned previously. I cant get them either unless I delete the game and start over, I assume. Two examples, "finish first in any race", I get first again and it doesn't give me the achievement. I already have the fruit ninja buggy, so I cant get "juicy" either.
Same for me. I just began the game, and the achievements don't work.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:11 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

What an awesome update! My thumb was raw after getting hooked on the original championship, so I'm stoked to see so much new content. 4 new tracks, a complete new championship, plus online multiplayer means I'm going to be kissing a few more hours goodbye.

The new tracks are good, especially Downtown, though probably not quite up with the best of the original tracks.

Online multiplayer isn't quite as fun or smooth an experience as it could be, but its early days, so more than happy to wait as it gets a bit of polish.

As for the discussion on IAP/grinding, I didn't spend a cent and had no problems winning races and completing the original campaign. Just pick one car and focus on upgrading it. As eugekava says though, IAP or many, many hours of grinding will be required if you want to unlock and upgrade all the vehicles (not that this is at all necessary).

Anyway, a big thanks to Binary Mill, for a great game and a massive update.

Last edited by vordhosbn; 05-07-2012 at 01:01 AM..
Old 05-08-2012, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vordhosbn View Post
Anyway, a big thanks to Binary Mill, for a great game and a massive update.
Glad to hear you've been enjoying the new content We're already working on an update to address lots of feedback, such as a persistent lobby for online games. No news on when, but know that we're working on it!

- Ingmar
Old 05-08-2012, 10:09 PM

I love this game, and I haven't paid any more than the initial download cost. I'm slightly annoyed by the scope of the IAP and how it's blatantly engineered to make progress much faster, but only slightly annoyed. The game is enjoyable enough that I see the value of the iap, but I'm content to play through without it.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:04 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Mini Motor Racing Concept Art

Thought we'd share some more concept art, this time it's for one of the cars (rather than our previous track concept).

If anyone is interested I'm sure we can find some more to share

Formula Concept Art & Final in-game Model
Old 05-10-2012, 07:49 AM
Banned

Its a mini motor but it has very good speed. This game's platform looks similar to real racing...... Feels like playing real life racing...
Old 05-21-2012, 06:36 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelBoy2181 View Post
Can this game be completed without the need for grinding or iAPs? This is a great game but it looks like they added even more iAPs with the recent update.
Yes, you certainly can finish the game without in-app purchasing. The key is to focus on one car... As to grinding, the later cups start paying out substantially more than the early ones, so you should focus on those.

We did add new in-apps, none of which are required to experience all the game content. The main difference is that we made them more visible, as a lot of users weren't even aware there was a store area at all.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:47 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTBentley View Post
Yes, you certainly can finish the game without in-app purchasing. The key is to focus on one car... As to grinding, the later cups start paying out substantially more than the early ones, so you should focus on those.

We did add new in-apps, none of which are required to experience all the game content. The main difference is that we made them more visible, as a lot of users weren't even aware there was a store area at all.

I can vouch for this... I had this game on my ipod for a while... and i got in about to 3/4th of the game without needing IAP... could have kept going but i kept winning easily so I got bored... and at the time there was no multiplayer so yeah...

this game should be better now tnx to MP
Old 05-21-2012, 06:59 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

bought
Old 05-21-2012, 09:14 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Gave up playing on my ipod touch 4G. On iPhone 4GS it runs like a dream. I really enjoy this game now.