Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-07-2011, 05:47 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugLover View Post
I would like to see more gameplay impressions from the international TA ppl or those with international accounts. The discussion on IAP is growing weary no offense
None taken! Gameloft and other devs warrant this sort of talk, especially from a hardcore gamer point of view!

Here you go! I quoted all the impressions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Oh and guess what? Incremental cost! Yaaay!
The following bag upgrade costs 1,250 gold, since if you're a rich enough bastard to want the first, you'll pay more for the second and so on!

The AI is really effing stupid. I've just encountered "zombies" - mobs that rush at you and claw you. They have no concept of vertical movement, so I was standing on a platform and they were all cluttered in the space underneath. Interestingly though, they can climb walls...

I'll go do a shooting mission.

Quote:
Fighting their "supernatural foes" is boring as sh**. Back up, shoot, reload, repeat till dead.

Shooting is mildly fun, in the rare moments when the AI doesn't decide to hyperventilate in the open at the sight of a blade of grass. There's a cover mechanic that the AI just doesn't grasp... Half the time they run against the wall they're obviously trying to take cover behind.

When they throw in melee and shooting enemies though, you can forget about any semblance of cover though. It's more of back away, shoot, etc.
All melee enemies have insanely long build-ups to attacks though, so you will likely avoid them accidentally, by simple strafing.

Dungeons are interesting - only done one so far, but it seems like there might be some kind of boss at the end. Your health does not regenerate during dungeons. Hence the health IAP. Don't see myself needing it though, so far everything has been easy.

Quote:
So if you take this game as a whole, IAP included, it is not a good game. The core gameplay is interesting enough to warrant a look for free though - if you can spare the space.
Quote:
I know what you mean by that statement - that because something is free any faults can be excused, because it's free dammit!

But sometimes I do believe you can say that and mean it - the game works without IAP. It doesn't have a pay WALL as such, more like a set of stairs with 1m-high steps. Sure you can get over them, but every step of the way you'll curse whoever made it.

Therefore, it's not a "Stay away", but more of a "If you're curious..." recommendation from me. Others may disagree.

Hell, minus certain annoying (read: blood-boiling) control issues, I'd wholeheartedly recommend it if it was priced at $4.99 and free of the IAP crap.

But I'm saying the same thing again, so whatever. Soon enough people will be able to make up their own minds.

Edit: Actually I don't think I mentioned this before, so I'll elaborate on the control issues. Horse controls are awful. The horse barely turns and in the open feels like driving a lorry on a BMX track. Didn't stop me from winning my first race though, by miles. Probably helps that the enemy AI was sloooow.

Aiming controls are fine, I guess, except you cannot aim down below a 45 degree angle, which poses a problem when you're shooting snakes/foxes/cougars/etc. The buttons are oddly spaced/sized/placed though...

Edit 2: I actually kinda like the game, despite its many many many many faults. It grew on me, I'll keep playing and post some late impressions some time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapshin View Post
Well I can't say I am impressed, it seems to push the freemium stuff pretty hard and the controls when riding the horse were bad. It kept crashing on me even after a reboot and clearing my background apps, at least it was free!
If you go back further, you'll probably find more!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:50 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

There's heaps more you missed! Most from me, and another person on here.

I'd quote them, but I'm on the phone with Apple...
Old 12-07-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
I'm not gonna tell you you're wrong or anything, but you're missing a $.99 category!

I definitely think there is a place for those on the Store, along with the big hitters.
Sh*t, I forgot about that! A ton of the Chillingo puzzlers plus other puzzlers can be put into that category. There's also a ton of clones that can be thrown in there. Um...at least some of the music games, a decent amount of runners, and jewel type games.

Quote:
There's heaps more you missed! Most from me, and another person on here.

I'd quote them, but I'm on the phone with Apple...
Yeah, I got a bit lazy. I'll look for them!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:55 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Yeah, I got a bit lazy. I'll look for them!
Lol, I'm sure people would appreciate it, but you don't have to!

I'll be happy to answer any questions about the game, but I'm not typing any more impressions just yet.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:06 PM

Default Impressions!

Here you go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown4prez View Post
No complaints here, you can unlock some stuff with cash and earn sheriff medals when you level and free daily videos offer medals as well. People are just gonna have to understand that this is how they want things. Dispite complains people like me who enjoy games are gonna keep downloading and playing them. At least they dont chare you medals for every gun. THAT would be horrible
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Some missions will reward you with quite a bit of money and you can find some in chests or by killing "things" and thugs. Ammo is cheap,so that's not really the problem. The upgrade system is also cheap so you can upgrade your weapon qute easily. I agree that some weapons have insane real life prices but those are
too powerful to even play with, it wouldn't be funny.

For now i think you can do the whole game without spending a dime, the only thing is to buy the slot extension of your bag quite soon so that you can complete the exploration missions that reward you with quite a lot of money (some up to 2k of gold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Usually it's smooth (not perfect, but not too bad either), it hasn't ever crashed for me yet (played it for about 45 mins)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashead2000 View Post
OMG this game is brilliant!! Used ny NZ account cos i know i would never buy any IAP, the game is more or less a bunch of mini games great for games on the go,bus-spare 5mins etc
Sadly there isnt really a story to it,but for free its brilliant!
Quote:
I would like to see more gameplay impressions from the international TA ppl or those with international accounts. The discussion on IAP is growing weary no offense

Quote:
Oh and guess what? Incremental cost! Yaaay!
The following bag upgrade costs 1,250 gold, since if you're a rich enough bastard to want the first, you'll pay more for the second and so on!

The AI is really effing stupid. I've just encountered "zombies" - mobs that rush at you and claw you. They have no concept of vertical movement, so I was standing on a platform and they were all cluttered in the space underneath. Interestingly though, they can climb walls...

I'll go do a shooting mission.

Quote:
Fighting their "supernatural foes" is boring as sh**. Back up, shoot, reload, repeat till dead.

Shooting is mildly fun, in the rare moments when the AI doesn't decide to hyperventilate in the open at the sight of a blade of grass. There's a cover mechanic that the AI just doesn't grasp... Half the time they run against the wall they're obviously trying to take cover behind.

When they throw in melee and shooting enemies though, you can forget about any semblance of cover though. It's more of back away, shoot, etc.
All melee enemies have insanely long build-ups to attacks though, so you will likely avoid them accidentally, by simple strafing.

Dungeons are interesting - only done one so far, but it seems like there might be some kind of boss at the end. Your health does not regenerate during dungeons. Hence the health IAP. Don't see myself needing it though, so far everything has been easy.

Quote:
So if you take this game as a whole, IAP included, it is not a good game. The core gameplay is interesting enough to warrant a look for free though - if you can spare the space.
Quote:
I know what you mean by that statement - that because something is free any faults can be excused, because it's free dammit!

But sometimes I do believe you can say that and mean it - the game works without IAP. It doesn't have a pay WALL as such, more like a set of stairs with 1m-high steps. Sure you can get over them, but every step of the way you'll curse whoever made it.

Therefore, it's not a "Stay away", but more of a "If you're curious..." recommendation from me. Others may disagree.

Hell, minus certain annoying (read: blood-boiling) control issues, I'd wholeheartedly recommend it if it was priced at $4.99 and free of the IAP crap.

But I'm saying the same thing again, so whatever. Soon enough people will be able to make up their own minds.

Edit: Actually I don't think I mentioned this before, so I'll elaborate on the control issues. Horse controls are awful. The horse barely turns and in the open feels like driving a lorry on a BMX track. Didn't stop me from winning my first race though, by miles. Probably helps that the enemy AI was sloooow.

Aiming controls are fine, I guess, except you cannot aim down below a 45 degree angle, which poses a problem when you're shooting snakes/foxes/cougars/etc. The buttons are oddly spaced/sized/placed though...

Edit 2: I actually kinda like the game, despite its many many many many faults. It grew on me, I'll keep playing and post some late impressions some time soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapshin View Post
Well I can't say I am impressed, it seems to push the freemium stuff pretty hard and the controls when riding the horse were bad. It kept crashing on me even after a reboot and clearing my background apps, at least it was free!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:09 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

You're the man, man!

<3
Old 12-07-2011, 06:13 PM

Yeah, I'm the man that needs to take a nap. I'm exhausted. This thread definitely turned into an all out IAP war. I'll see all you guys in about 2-3 hours.

Thanks for the good conversations guys!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:21 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Might as well check it out I guess. Haven't skipped on a new adventure game by Gameloft yet.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Ok, here's an impression for you: the game is absolutely hilarious. I'd go into details but that would just spoil it. Easily worth the time to download and experience this degree of incompetence for yourself. Just for chrissakes don't give these jokers any money.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:12 PM
iPhone 4S

Heres a few 4s screenshots

I'll post some impressions and more screen shots in half hour, so far it seems like a good game.