Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-07-2011, 06:18 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

totally agree Ego. Was really hoping for some Western - Gun type action here... but for free, it's hard to complain. =oP
Old 12-07-2011, 06:19 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Think thats something to do with perspective ! I wouldnt worry
I'm not worried, I just think that whichever graphic artist decided to enlarge his gun to such a degree in an attempt at dramatic foreshortening ought to not be employed as a graphic artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoyan View Post
Looked great to me until that last screenshot (even if yes, that first screenshot with the huge gun is a tad weird)... "Fight supernatural foes"? Aww.. I guess I'm too much of a sucker for old school westerns, but supernatural monsters don't belong in the wild west. For me, anyways.
Can't have a proper Red Dead Redemption ripoff without copying Undead Nightmare too!

Last edited by TheSporkWithin; 12-07-2011 at 06:21 AM..
Old 12-07-2011, 06:24 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Bugger this one is taking a while to download...

I'm not gonna play it tonight, too tired, but I'll try and see what the IAPs are.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:31 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Instant Download. Hell Yeaaaaa!!!!
Old 12-07-2011, 06:45 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Just played a bit with the game!

Let's get this out of the way first:
The game is free with IAP. There's two currencies in the game, gold and sherrif medals. The first one can be bought with real money or by doing things in the game and the other one is only available by paying for it. You've got two types of items, those that can be bought with gold and those that can't.
You've got to buy some ammo but it's really cheap so that's okay. Health works the same way and regenerate slowly or you can buy health pack. You've got some free ammo and health pack every day. You can buy pretty much anything with cash ranging from xp to starter packs. But from what i've seen it's not that bad if you intend to play for free, i'll have to play a lot more to see the impact though.

About the game now:

The game is not fully voiced this time around and there doesn't seem to be any kind of overall story arc. Rather you take a mission on the map and you complete the task that you're given there. There's a wide range of them from racing to minigames. You can instantly travel to locations by hitting roadsigns or by selecting the mission on the map and then by pressing the instant travel button. Or if you want you can travel there with your horse (it's there right from the start). There's also some rewards for explorers with chests and some sort of dungeons hidden throughout the world. I don't have an idea of the scope of the world yet.

The engine is not so bad though pop in is present. The game has some wildlife (that you can kill and hunt) but the first zones seem really barren (that's a desert for you). Framerate is good on my ipad 2. You can desactivate the auto aim if you wish.

The IA is once again really bad with enemies running everywhere without firing or just standing there, waiting to be shot at. I'll have to play a little more to see if it gets better but I wish that gameloft would spend more time tuning it. There's a cover system but no jump button, the game also features a full day and night cycle
The music is quite great! A mix of rock and western soundtracks.

There's quite a huge upgrade system with 20 upgrades per gun (20 guns in total)

All in all the freemium model doesn't seem so bad but it remains to be seen how it affects the game in the long run. What I miss more is a real storyline or more challenge coming from the IA but for a free game it's quite impressive.

Last edited by killercow; 12-07-2011 at 06:54 AM..
Old 12-07-2011, 06:52 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Right, so, IAPs. Wow...

There are 4 things you can buy - gold, sheriff stars, XP and Health Boosts.

The first two work exactly like silver and crystals in Bullet Time - except you can get a free sheriff star for watching an ad video. I can't be arsed, so I don't know if you can do it more than once. There is a shop with items, again much like Bullet Time. You need both level and whatever the item costs to buy it, except star items.

All IAPs are ridiculously expensive - the most worthless anything is $1.99.

Other purchasable items include: guns, horses, outfits, AMMO.

Bolded for emphasis.

You can buy packs of bullets for a certain sum in gold, or wait X amount of time before a pack becomes free. There is a timer counting down. It doesn't seem that expensive, but at this stage... Screw this game.

Now the game itself: think Red Dead or GTA IV with auto-aim and finicky controls. When you target someone you lock on and pressing the "fire" button either shoots or punches the bad guy. No head shots, so all shots do a very measured amount of damage to foes. There are critical hits though.

The first few minutes led me through a brief tutorial. There is a map that looks pretty open, and a waypoint system like in RDR.
I'm not going to play long enough to see what the missions are like.

If not for the IAPs, if they went with the same system as Bullet Time, this game would've been pretty fun. As it is... A definite avoid.

Even worse, this is the system we are going to get in Dungeon Hunter 3.

Last edited by Echoseven; 12-07-2011 at 06:55 AM..
Old 12-07-2011, 06:54 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Right, so, IAPs. Wow...

The first two work exactly like silver and crystals in Bullet Time - except you can get a free sheriff star for watching an ad video. I can't be arsed, so I don't know if you can do it more than once. There is a shop with items, again much like Bullet Time. You need both level and whatever the item costs to buy it, except crystal items.

Bolded for emphasis.

You can buy packs of bullets for a certain sum in gold, or wait X amount of time before a pack becomes free. There is a timer counting down. It doesn't seem that expensive, but at this stage... Screw this game.

Now the game itself: think Red Dead or GTA IV with auto-aim and finicky controls. When you target someone you lock on and pressing the "fire" button either shoots or punches the bad guy. No head shots, so all shots do a very measured amount of damage to foes. There are critical hits though.

The first few minutes led me through a brief tutorial. There is a map that looks pretty open, and a waypoint system like in RDR.

If not for the IAPs, if they went with the same system as Bullet Time, this game would've been pretty fun. As it is... A definite avoid.

Even worse, this is the system we are going to get in Dungeom Hunter 3.
I agree with the prices but i've done quite a few headshots though.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:55 AM

Disappointing to here how much the IAP sucks. You'd think Gameloft was making enough without having to basically tax their games to the point that they become unplayable. I doubt many wouldn't rather just pay $5-$8 off the bat and be done with it.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:57 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Right, so, IAPs. Wow...

The first two work exactly like silver and crystals in Bullet Time - except you can get a free sheriff star for watching an ad video. I can't be arsed, so I don't know if you can do it more than once. There is a shop with items, again much like Bullet Time. You need both level and whatever the item costs to buy it, except star items.

Bolded for emphasis.

Even worse, this is the system we are going to get in Dungeon Hunter 3.
Well i pretty much expected it to be this way, especially the part with the ammo! i won`t even try this!
BUT, for the love of god, i hope dungeon hunter 3 won`t be freemium (although i`m 99% sure it will be from what i`ve rea) )
Old 12-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Thanks for the impressions, Killercow and Echoseven. The IAP system sounds bad. I'll download it for free, but I'll probably end up deleting it pretty soon. And I'm certainly not spending any money on it. If Gameloft want my money then they'll have to go back to making standard games with $6.99 or $9.99 price tags. Gameloft used to be one of my favourite developers, it's a shame they've gone down the freemium route.