Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-21-2011, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xapped View Post
How many missions did you complete? According to the app description, there are 40 missions.
I don't know if anyone else answered this but I have done over 100 missions (i.e. clicking on the map and choosing a mission). I see after some, there seems to be a level increase. But from what I can tell, you do a few basic "missions" over and over again. You can travel to another state and pretty much repeat the same missions over and over again.

Is there any story to this game? Is there any end? Is there any reason to even bother to keep playing?

I've found it to be quite easy and have purchased / upgraded most of the items, but it seems to be a continuos / randomness set of missions with no real end in site.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:55 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPDA View Post
i cant play for more than 20min without run out of bullets or something only solved by IAP

solution : GAME DELETED
I didn't get that far. Ads, constant social reminders, asking for review, asking for permission to send messages (which it then did without permission).

solution: SAME AS ABOVE

Last edited by LazyGamer; 12-21-2011 at 03:57 AM..
Old 01-19-2012, 07:23 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Default Will they expand the environment?

Anyone know if Gameloft will ever add new states? I mean Arizona and Oregon, that's pitifully few.
I am probably late to the party, but I must admit that I'm enjoying this immensely. Just riding around on a horse and doing some side missions is enough for me to enjoy it. Not paid a single penny yet, too. Then again, this is my first foray into a wild-west, free-roam game.
Also I think the visuals are beautifully done, I just wish they were larger and, well, they could add more states. Thanks for any reply.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:52 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by hu74es View Post
Anyone know if Gameloft will ever add new states? I mean Arizona and Oregon, that's pitifully few.
I am probably late to the party, but I must admit that I'm enjoying this immensely. Just riding around on a horse and doing some side missions is enough for me to enjoy it. Not paid a single penny yet, too. Then again, this is my first foray into a wild-west, free-roam game.
Also I think the visuals are beautifully done, I just wish they were larger and, well, they could add more states. Thanks for any reply.
Cant see Gameloft adding anything to it, havent even done any updates at all.

I was like you, at first i really loved the huge open world, yeah bit barren but enjoyed it, killing snakes, doing some other side quests. But it started to get frustrating, i would need say $100 for bullets, would buy them for a mission, complete the mission, only get a measley $150 and then would have to spend it on more bullets, the rewards were dire.

I didnt hate Six Guns but grew to get frustrated with it, stuff appearing moaning at me saying i have to buy new things with real money etc. I wanted Six Guns to be like an 'offline' Order & Chaos and it was 'nearly' there, but missions got similar, the whole IAP thing obviously caused issues, i've still got it as i keep thinking 'but it could be soooo good' but i know deep down i should just delete it and play Backstab instead.

But as you say its frustrating as the game has potential, more varied missions/maps and cut down a LOT on the IAP's and the game would be very good. But Gameloft dont seem bothered (again no updates i think from day 1)
Old 01-21-2012, 04:29 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Johnny1st
Default Help!

Can someone please make a list of all collectibles and where to find them.
A full walktrough would be nice too. And what to buy and what not. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:25 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Gameloft has just released an update to Sixguns that adds a witch hunter quest line. I'm downloading it now.

As to some of the other comments, I enjoy this game very much. The lack of a story can be sucky at times, but I really enjoy be able to roam and complete quest at my own pace and choosing. There are things I wish they would improve but overall I have loved this game and not spent one red cent.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:30 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseMichaels View Post
Gameloft has just released an update to Sixguns that adds a witch hunter quest line. I'm downloading it now.

As to some of the other comments, I enjoy this game very much. The lack of a story can be sucky at times, but I really enjoy be able to roam and complete quest at my own pace and choosing. There are things I wish they would improve but overall I have loved this game and not spent one red cent.
I wont do my usual comment

Thats very well though but the amount of money you get from quests is very low and it takes a long time grinding to be able to afford any decent weapons if you dont want to use the ridiculous IAP's.

Six Guns 'could' be very good as it does have great potential BUT sadly Gameloft went IAP crazy with this one, its as shame they dont seem to listen to their fanbase and dont do some radical changes in Six Guns, just a shame we dont have someone here from Gameloft who might work for them who could relay those sort of messages back
Old 02-10-2012, 06:01 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I wont do my usual comment

Thats very well though but the amount of money you get from quests is very low and it takes a long time grinding to be able to afford any decent weapons if you dont want to use the ridiculous IAP's.

Six Guns 'could' be very good as it does have great potential BUT sadly Gameloft went IAP crazy with this one, its as shame they dont seem to listen to their fanbase and dont do some radical changes in Six Guns, just a shame we dont have someone here from Gameloft who might work for them who could relay those sort of messages back
Are you referring to me? Because I don't work for Gameloft. I had to use a link on the walk through on YouTube just find the dreamcatchers. It is a good game, as evident by its almost 5 star rating on the App store. I enjoy it..
Old 02-10-2012, 09:20 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Six guns Easter egg found! Therealriley

Hey guys and girls, hopefully I am the first but I have found what I believe to be an Easter egg in six guns. There's a cowboy on a horse in the sky! Please see my album on photo bucket and confirm it by tracking it down yourself?

[url]http://photobucket.com/Therealriley[/url]
Six guns Easter egg found

Also any one looking for the chicken meat I went to the cave in top left of Arizona and found more chickens there then went back to the guy where I found another two chickens there. Mission complete

Old 02-18-2012, 03:40 PM

I, for one, have been thoroughly enjoying this game. In reference, to the pop-up ads/reminders and IAP, I understand some of your annoyance with these. I, too, would just rather pay the $6.99-$9.99 price tag to get an ad-free full pro version of the game. But, this is a business, and Gameloft (love it or hate it) is out to make money. I am not going to get into a discussion over the merits of Gameloft here. There are many other forums for that. But I will put in my two cents about Six-Guns.

First, there is the aforementioned "money-making" part of IAP/ads. Surely, no one here would suggest that, say, Bungie or any other company drop thousands--or even millions!--into making a game and then just give it away for free. Sometimes, I see gamers seeming to suggest this very thing when complaining about IAP or prices ("I wouldn't pay $5.99 for that! But maybe I would pay $0.99..." or "IAP?! *rage!* I shouldn't have to pay anything to get upgrades!") Well, that is the model Gameloft has chosen with Six-Guns. We can download or not, and participate or not. If we choose to participate in this model, then perhaps we could think about the product differently. Simple as that, I think, but it's just one opinion.

Second, and this one is more personal, I think this is a great game. Graphics, sound, gameplay are all good. I know storyline, missions, and such are not to everyone's liking but I don't happen to like any of the Final Fantasy games (blasphemy, I know ). I approached Six-Guns this way: since it is free, I am getting a great game for nothing other than space on my iPhone. Since it's free, I can deal with ads/pop-ups like in all of the other free games that I've downloaded so I am not going to complain about it.

As far as as specific IAP for THIS game, I also get the pricing complaints. I could even actually see myself partaking of the IAP if prices were slightly more reasonable, but I can't honestly say that they are "ridiculous" as they stand. I look at IAP in a game like this as an option or an enhancement, IF I want to use it, but I don't HAVE to. The IAP would be for those who do not wish to wait for the free part to work as intended, or who want to get all of the "good stuff" faster. I haven't paid a penny yet, and I'm still enjoying this game.

So, just are just some of my thoughts on IAP and Six-Guns. Any comments, flaming, vitriol, support, or disagreements are welcome! I'm anxious to hear more from other fans/critics of this game! Thanks!