Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-07-2011, 07:08 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
I agree with the prices but i've done quite a few headshots though.
Yeah, I've played around a bit more and the shooting mechanic is a bit better than what I initially experienced.

The game auto-aims, but you get a small window of freedom within a red circle. If you pull off a headshot, good for you, if you miss the game will hit automatically.

The gameplay itself is... Not half bad. But the IAPs really put me off - and I'm not even biased against them. Buying ammo, buying health, buying stars on top of whatever the armor costs seems to be a bit excessive.

There are ads on the menu and shop screens, but I must say they are quite unobtrusive. Overall, it's clear that some work went into this game, but it is very clearly driven by IAPs.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:09 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I'll go in with the question I ask for ALL third-person Gameloft releases (except Let's Golf ): is there an option to play without ANY auto-aiming? Of course, I'll take a look myself come midnight, free and all, but I am still curious

(The aiming aids in games such as Shadow Guardian, Gangstar, Backstab, etc, have ruined the combat for me in most Gameloft action titles. So far, only 9mm among the third-person action games had an option to turn it off.)
Old 12-07-2011, 07:13 AM

Six-Guns - iPad 2 - HD Video Walkthrough - Part Store:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 12-07-2011 at 07:16 AM..
Old 12-07-2011, 07:14 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

You can adjust sensitivity of auto-aim, or turn it off entirely. It's not half bad actually.

That's my entire statement about the game, it's not bad, but the IAP and pricin is a huge let down.

After a bit more time, I'd say this is probably worth checking out if you have the space. I deleted The Bard's Tale for it...
Old 12-07-2011, 07:15 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayjona View Post
I'll go in with the question I ask for ALL third-person Gameloft releases (except Let's Golf ): is there an option to play without ANY auto-aiming? Of course, I'll take a look myself come midnight, free and all, but I am still curious

(The aiming aids in games such as Shadow Guardian, Gangstar, Backstab, etc, have ruined the combat for me in most Gameloft action titles. So far, only 9mm among the third-person action games had an option to turn it off.)
Yes that's what i was about to say to Echoseven but you can desactivate the auto aim in the option and you can even choose how much auto aim you want. That's pretty neat but i prefer to turn it off. The biggest donfall for me is not the IAP (okay that 40 euros gun is quite stupid) but rather the AI... The game is really really easy for now.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:23 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Oh, and you need to buy inventory slots too (with gold). Very nice, considering you are encouraged to hoard random collectibles.

Edit: I've found ammo for guns I haven't even unlocked yet in chests... Maybe the ammo thing isn't as... Hahahahah, yeah right!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:31 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
You can adjust sensitivity of auto-aim, or turn it off entirely. It's not half bad actually.

That's my entire statement about the game, it's not bad, but the IAP and pricin is a huge let down.

After a bit more time, I'd say this is probably worth checking out if you have the space. I deleted The Bard's Tale for it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
Yes that's what i was about to say to Echoseven but you can desactivate the auto aim in the option and you can even choose how much auto aim you want. That's pretty neat but i prefer to turn it off. The biggest donfall for me is not the IAP (okay that 40 euros gun is quite stupid) but rather the AI... The game is really really easy for now.
That does indeed sound nice. So none of that subtle, sneaky auto-aiming that Shadow Guardian employed, where you, for example, would be automatically zoomed in on an enemy when you popped out of cover?

The AI stuff does indeed sound a bit disappointing, though. Many of Gameloft's third-person games have been so very very easy, thanks to the auto-aim, and now that we can turn it off, they seem to have introduced a new factor to make the game trivial

And yeah, I'd rather have payed full price and received a full game from the outset. But at the same time, I'm glad companies do experiment with f2p. In the MMO space, there were a few rough years, but at last, several devs arrived at f2p solutions that brought VERY high-quality MMOs to the masses, for free, almost or completely without limitations (Pirates of the Burning Sea, Lord of the Rings Online, and Dungeons and Dragons Online are thee great examples, in spite of my dislike for auto-targeting, auto-aiming, non-manual, non-twitch, typical MMO combat engines). iOS gaming have already seen some excellent free titles that still appeal to hardcore gamers, and that offer a pleasant blend of buy to progress, or play free to avoid ruining the game ( ). Perhaps Six-Guns is a sacrifice that will, in the long run, free us of the curse of bad freemium

I do have the space, by the way, but perhaps I'll delete the Bard's Tale as well, to make a point
Old 12-07-2011, 07:40 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Ahahah just shoot the pianist in the saloon for a nice achievement Which brings me to a point: there's no penalty for killing civilians...
Old 12-07-2011, 07:43 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Can someone please go into more detail about IAP price ranges particularly ammo. And what's the recharge rate/free daily allowance/etc?

Ugh Gameloft you really suck going this route. That and Theme Park being turned into freemium sh--te by EA. So depressing
Old 12-07-2011, 07:53 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

No complaints here, you can unlock some stuff with cash and earn sheriff medals when you level and free daily videos offer medals as well. People are just gonna have to understand that this is how they want things. Dispite complains people like me who enjoy games are gonna keep downloading and playing them. At least they dont chare you medals for every gun. THAT would be horrible