★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Should games be ranked in the App Store based on how addictive they are?

12-07-2011, 02:57 PM
Should games be ranked in the App Store based on how addictive they are?

For example, you could have a game ranking based on how often they are played per user on average.
12-07-2011, 03:39 PM
Nah because games like The Bard's Tale, King of Dragon Pass, etc. probably wouldn't have a chance based on the AppStore's vast casual audience.

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus

12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyJmaster. View Post
Nah because games like The Bard's Tale, King of Dragon Pass, etc. probably wouldn't have a chance based on the AppStore's vast casual audience.
You could have multiple rankings, one of which is based on how addictive the game is.
12-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Since when is "Addiction" a good thing?

And this would be pretty terrible, IMO. I leave my iPhone running a certain game all the time - doesn't mean I play it.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
12-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amichail View Post
You could have multiple rankings, one of which is based on how addictive the game is.
Hmm...I'd rather a a really good premium section get set up first!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
12-07-2011, 04:07 PM
There is no way to accurately measure a game's "addictiveness". Definitely not something that should be brought to the App Store.

Betas: Victory Day, Victory March, Zombwich, Mission Europa, Shadow Era, Slice It!, Baseball Superstars 2011, Queen's Crown, Aralon: Sword and Shadow, Zombie Runaway, Third Blade, Tower Defense: Lost Earth
12-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltMyTouch View Post
There is no way to accurately measure a game's "addictiveness". Definitely not something that should be brought to the App Store.
I didn't want to be the crazy one. But it would probably just be Apple propaganda.

12-08-2011, 12:48 AM
They should atleast let you see the list by rating... Others would be cool too, with so many games there needs to be more ways to show them all.
12-08-2011, 12:51 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
You know what games should be ranked by? Awesomeness. But since that will never happen, I couldn't care less how they are ranked.
12-08-2011, 08:40 AM
If you first of all could pull of that kind of feature well, and if you could search only among puzzle games, then it might be super sweet =)
Or if not that, atleast it would be kinda interesting.

But there should be overall more ways to search among the games on the appstore, it often feels very limited