★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What's the most infuriating thing that has ever happened involving as iOS game?

12-07-2011, 03:11 PM
What's the most infuriating thing that has ever happened involving as iOS game?

I remember losing all my progress on Angry Birds when I was bought a new iPod after I had achieved 3 stars on every level.

Also glitches making me die on endless runners like Robot Unicorn Attack.

And finally,swearing blind I parried perfectly against the God King on Infinity Blade to only find out I was then defeated.

Aaarrrggghhh!!!
12-07-2011, 03:27 PM
I especially hate it when developers throw iAds in paid (or previously paid) apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

12-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Without question, losing all my progress in Infinity Blade 2 due to a save bug. A close second to that is having Chair COMPLETELY ignore me when I addressed the concerns via Twitter. They even said, "Sorry about ignoring you, what's up?" And then when I mention the concern, IGNORE AGAIN.

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking
12-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
I especially hate it when developers throw iAds in paid (or previously paid) apps.
+1

And, sadly, more devs have been doing this.

I also hate when a previously paid app goes freemium -- when early supporters paid for an app and then still pay the same to unlock something that those now getting the main app free are getting. Feels like the devs are making their fans pay twice if this isn't done right (compared to once for the late comers).
12-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
+1

And, sadly, more devs have been doing this.

I also hate when a previously paid app goes freemium -- when early supporters paid for an app and then still pay the same to unlock something that those now getting the main app free are getting. Feels like the devs are making their fans pay twice if this isn't done right (compared to once for the late comers).
Completely agree but it's only a matter of time until a lawsuit comes about because of it. It may be legal to pull stunts like that in America but a lot of other places are protected against bait and switch practises.

Sooner it starts costing the devs money the better in my opinion it's a practise that needs shut down.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
12-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazonk View Post
Without question, losing all my progress in Infinity Blade 2 due to a save bug. A close second to that is having Chair COMPLETELY ignore me when I addressed the concerns via Twitter. They even said, "Sorry about ignoring you, what's up?" And then when I mention the concern, IGNORE AGAIN.
Do you want them to fix the problem, or sit around and answer every email, twitter, etc. from people reporting the same problem(s) over and over? Not trying to sound rude, but given the scope of the reported problems, I'm sure their hands are very full at the moment.
12-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Being ripped off with COD Black Ops Zombies (performance is terrible, contrary to the app description), and having IB2 crash when I first opened it. It felt like 15 bucks flushed down the drain.

Oh...and once I was fighting the God King in IB1, got to the cutscene where my character kills him, and then suddenly had the game switch cutscenes to the one where the God King kill me because the bastard had poisoned me in our fight, and the poisoning effects kept decreasing my health even after I'd finished him off.
12-07-2011, 11:10 PM
I BOUGHT A FREAKIN' $1.99 APP AND IT DROPPED IN PRICE to $.99 A MONTH LATER!!!!1!11!!

Lol. But I'm sure it was when I lost my save data for a game. I think it was Peggle and I was really close to being a master.

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
12-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg123 View Post
Do you want them to fix the problem, or sit around and answer every email, twitter, etc. from people reporting the same problem(s) over and over? Not trying to sound rude, but given the scope of the reported problems, I'm sure their hands are very full at the moment.
Well, you do sound rude. Nobody from Chair seems to be addressing this issue, or even mentioning it. I want a fix, and I wanna know when it's coming. I'm a customer, I have concerns, and I want a goddamn answer. Do you have a problem with that?

Game Center ID: Quazonk
Twitter: @GomeraMosking
12-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazonk View Post
Well, you do sound rude. Nobody from Chair seems to be addressing this issue, or even mentioning it. I want a fix, and I wanna know when it's coming. I'm a customer, I have concerns, and I want a goddamn answer. Do you have a problem with that?
He didn't sound half as rude as you did. In fact I'd even go as far as to say impatient, unreasonable, selfish and disrespectful. It's obvious they're working on the issues, with a game this popular they'll likely have been told many, many times already. The last thing anybodywants them to do is waste time on Twitter when they could be staring at lines of code, working their hardest to make you happy.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ