★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: elhabib.com said "visually and atmospherically beautiful, easily accessible Pick&Play game, which sooner or later will even the most experienced gamer work up a sweat"

If you like to be challenged by puzzles, then youll love Cubyrinth. The simple system and intuitive controls allow you to focus on the puzzle, so that you can create your own colorful ways through each Cubyrinth.

A Cubyrinth is a cubic, 3 dimensional labyrinth, build out of smaller cubes which can be rotated to create ways within these challenging puzzles. Your goal is it to guide your prototype to his targets. You can build ways from your prototype to his next goal by rotating the plates of the Cubyrinth. But be aware: There are lots of enemies out there, and theyll do everything to stop you on the way! Each solved Cubyrinth will bring you closer to unlock many different upgrades for your fully customizable prototype!

Each Cubyrinth varies in size, structure and color, but all of them will give you an extraordinary challenge. Each Cubyrinth has 3 rating levels to give you instant feedback about how well you did on each Cubyrinth and assures you hours of fun to find the best solutions.

The game features 28 unique Cubyrinths, with more than 70 goals, split into 3 difficulty groups. It also features Game Center leaderboards, 26 unlockable achievements and HD graphics!

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=132fNpuwpzA

Follow us
on Twitter: @DustBitGames (www.twitter.com/DustBitGames)
on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Dust.Bit.Games
on Google+: https://plus.google.com/116592205783479918950
web / blog: www.dust-bit-games.com

LiVe_DBG's comments:

Hi everyone!

Today, we've released Cubyrinth on the AppStore! The game is about Cubyrinths, cubic maze puzzles build out of smaller cubes. Each smaller cube has a different structure which allows your prototype to access different ways. You have to rotate rows of those little cubes to build ways to reach different targets.

Hope that you like it!

If you want to stay in touch with us, we are on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and our
Blog!

12-07-2011, 05:13 PM
looks cool. wishlisted.

12-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mekanikal fiend View Post
looks cool. wishlisted.
just to let you know, we'll soon start giving away promo codes on twitter/facebook/google+! (links are in the first post)
12-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Game Impressions

bought this game earlier today and it really starts to kick off now on medium difficulty. this game literally makes you think around corners oO
it totally reminds me of a rubik's cube (not that I've ever finish one of those ) and the game looks so sweet it makes me want to own an ipad.
12-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Promo Codes

thanks ps2devil for your impressions. let me know once you've reached the final levels and what you think about them. And yes, i can see why it reminds you of a rubik cube, even tough it's nothing like it.

Anyway, the reason i'm posting today is that within the last few days we've received great feedback from fellow developers and other players. But we would really love to here more from you guys! So i've just added some promo codes at the end of the first post. Please leave a note if you have redeemed a code and i hope to here from you soon

Thanks!
12-10-2011, 03:07 PM
All promo codes gone.

I was gonna buy it, but then noticed the $2.99 price tag... That doesn't bother me as such, but how much game is there? How much content?

Oh, the main reason I haven't bought it is because less popular games tend to drop in price to $.99 or even free pretty soon...

Dev, are you a studio? A one-man deal? Tell us about yourself.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
12-10-2011, 10:24 PM
hi Echoseven,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
I was gonna buy it, but then noticed the $2.99 price tag... That doesn't bother me as such, but how much game is there? How much content?
There are 28 Cubyrinths (levels) with a bit over 70 goals. That means, each level has 1 - 3 goals, and you have to reach all of them to finish the level. At first, 28 levels may sound not much, but if you would like to compare it to other games, the 70+ goals is the size to do so. It would have been easier to do 70 single Cubyrinths (because you can focus on one way only and you are done), but we've decided to build this multiple (sequential) goal system because it adds another layer of planing to each Cubyrinth.

It's difficult to talk about playtime within a puzzle game, because everyone thinks differently. We had playtesters which played nearly an hour (with more than 350 turns) on a single level till they solved it, and others were faster.

It also depends on your motivation. For example, we have a rating system integrated which rates your solution, based on how many turns you needed to solve the Cubyrinth, in comparison to values which we gathered through the development process. Basically the first stage is always our best solution, which, i think, would take you many days to solve each Cubyrinth perfect. But i'm sure that someone will be able to even beat our solutions

Quote:
Oh, the main reason I haven't bought it is because less popular games tend to drop in price to $.99 or even free pretty soon...
I can understand you well. Price drops for promotions are a common thing and a mature advantage of digital distribution systems. In the past, we weren't satisfied with the results of free promotions, so right now, that's not even an option for us here. At the moment, we're happy with our price tag and confident that our game is worth every penny/cent/... So, no plans on dropping the price within the near future

Quote:
Dev, are you a studio? A one-man deal? Tell us about yourself.
We founded our company with the mission to build a platform to connect developers (some of them worked within the industry before, students, one-man shows) with managed projects. To make that happen, we ditched an physical office and decided to focus on a solid online workflow (lower entrance barriers to join for anyone around the globe).

And yes, we do this for a living

I hope that i've answered all your questions, otherwise i would be happy to answer more of them
12-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Thanks for your response - I'm glad you're here!

Bought it, thanks to your assurance of no immediate price drop. I'll play a little and come back with some impressions!

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
12-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
woo yeah! Game looks fantastic! Gonna have to pick this one up! =oD
12-10-2011, 11:23 PM

Can't wait to read everyones thoughts on Cubyrinth. To us, your feedback is the most important thing right now to define our next steps with the game (improvements, new features, more content, ).