Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-08-2011, 06:21 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster

After the first 20 minutes: Thanks! Great update!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:16 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfly3r View Post
The in game match view (pitch zoomed) is quite laggy.. not as smooth as FMH 2011...
Which handset are you playing on?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:34 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
The in game match view (pitch zoomed) is quite laggy.. not as smooth as FMH 2011...
If you're using a first generation retina device then the match is a big 'sluggish' (holds around 25Hz so looks a bit 'rough' at times in animation) on those devices IF you have the retina HD display enabled - thats why I made it optional, some people love the HD skin and want to use it ... other people prefer things to be smooth as silk, if you're one of those I'd recommend disabling the retina skin.

Obviously on an iPhone4s its smooth as silk regardless .... so I've heard, don't have one myself

(I will be looking to further optimise the speed of the blit in updates which will hopefully bring the retina skin speed up a little - but no promises)
Old 12-08-2011, 07:40 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbrokenchain33 View Post
new to the franchise but love soccer, sim sports games. I heard that Football Manager for the computer is 10 times better than the iPhone version. is this true? what are the differences?
The games are totally different - a few years ago I felt that FM was starting to get a bit 'heavy' for some of our users, especially those who were time poor because they'd entered a point in their lives when they were busy with other things (wifes, kids, school, work, whatever) and didn't have the time required to get seriously stuck into a game of FM PC.

The idea was to make a management game which is fun, realistic and very very playable - but which plays a lot faster than the PC game, FMH is the product of that concept ...

(and yes it does play a lot like our earlier management titles in some ways - which tbh was something I was aiming at partially )
Old 12-08-2011, 08:16 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Where can we change tactical instructions? I can move players around and change formation but can't see where to change style of passing etc.

Edit: Nevermind, found the option on the bottom right button.

Another question. Is it possible to show more action than the shot? Suarez just got the ball, hit a shot, goal. No build-up or anything and kinda lost the tension.

Last edited by DagsJT; 12-08-2011 at 08:22 AM..
Old 12-08-2011, 09:18 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
If you're using a first generation retina device then the match is a big 'sluggish' (holds around 25Hz so looks a bit 'rough' at times in animation) on those devices IF you have the retina HD display enabled - thats why I made it optional, some people love the HD skin and want to use it ... other people prefer things to be smooth as silk, if you're one of those I'd recommend disabling the retina skin.

Obviously on an iPhone4s its smooth as silk regardless .... so I've heard, don't have one myself

(I will be looking to further optimise the speed of the blit in updates which will hopefully bring the retina skin speed up a little - but no promises)
i am using iphone 4s 64gb... i disable the HD Display in preference... graphic not that sharp... but no lag...

when i put it in HD... the graphic is very sluggish..
Old 12-08-2011, 10:12 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
i am using iphone 4s 64gb... i disable the HD Display in preference... graphic not that sharp... but no lag...

when i put it in HD... the graphic is very sluggish..
The retina display is a bit sluggish on some devices which is why I made it optional for release; I'll continue looking into optimizing it as part of the update cycle and hopefully it'll become smoother as I work our more tricks to speed things up.

I put it into the release so people had the option (as I know some people were impatient for a retina skin) - surprised to hear you're finding it sluggish on the 4s though as our QA didn't find any issues with responsiveness/speed at all on that generation of device ... can I check what iOS version you're running please? (just so we can try the same and see).

(the reason its slightly sluggish is simply its transferring double the number of pixels around the place)
Old 12-08-2011, 10:32 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hey Marc,

Color me impressed if I properly understand these challenges. Am I right in assuming I could choose any of the thousands of teams covered in the game (even if using fictional players) and then pick "Injury Crisis" and the game will then modify my team to fit the scenario?

I like to picture it as Marc entering my team's virtual locker room with some script in hand and a baseball bat, "Okay, where is the team's super star striker, Brett Salsbury? I need to knock out his right kneecap."
Old 12-08-2011, 10:36 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
The retina display ...
Quick question for the chap who said it was sluggish - do you have any apps running in the background which might be eating up processing power? ... that could be causing the issue to be more noticable for you than it might otherwise be.

(you can check background apps by double clicking the 'home' button- but do bear in mind the entire list shown isn't always 'active apps', it also doubles as most recently used)
Old 12-08-2011, 10:39 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Color me impressed if I properly understand these challenges. Am I right in assuming I could choose any of the thousands of teams covered in the game (even if using fictional players) and then pick "Injury Crisis" and the game will then modify my team to fit the scenario?
Yes thats correct - you can manage any team for a scenario so long as they're in a suitable league/division (for instance you can't do the relegation savior scenario in a division which doesn't have relegation within it) ....

It also tries to tailor the challenge according to the team selected, so if you pick Man Utd for instance they'll be deeper in trouble at the start than say Wolves - otherwise the challenges would be far too easy with some clubs.