★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Where is Quake??

11-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Where is Quake??

ok it's been time since ZodTTd guys announced that they submitted quake to appstore. Any update on it??...searched everywhere no mention even on their home forum. Please reply mate...i'm desperate for a FPS on my iPod
11-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Send a message via AIM to Renare
Pretty sure it didn't get approval... However, macrumors.com stated id software is making a couple of iPhone games .

11-13-2008, 11:48 AM
quake, how about cube, it has been like 2 weeks for quake, its been almost 6 weeks for cube

http://fernlightning.com/doku.php?id=iphone:cube:start

submitted on oct 2, yeah, its crap how long apple takes
11-13-2008, 11:56 AM
I have been watching that daily also ( cube ) I wonder if the 30th of nov. Means something or if that was just a typeo do any of you know?
11-13-2008, 12:03 PM
yeah but id software said that they will come out most probably in December....nevertheless they also said that games will push the iphone to the limits....a graphical tour de force.....but still i think ZoTTd's port should have taken less time...maybe id did get rejected
11-13-2008, 12:21 PM
yeah his port just needs to be put in cydia so we can still play it and we have to wait for id to release thier games cause they did announce they would be porting a few of thier games to iphone when the 3g phone first game out. their was rumors that the makers of halo might be doing a game also.
11-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyemh8 View Post
I have been watching that daily also ( cube ) I wonder if the 30th of nov. Means something or if that was just a typeo do any of you know?
yeah, its just a typo, the day he put that up was like nov 1 or 2, so the 30th had just happened but it was actually in nov so im sure he just messed that up
11-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renare View Post
Pretty sure it didn't get approval... However, macrumors.com stated id software is making a couple of iPhone games .
Where/How did you hear this? Why wouldn't it get approved I wonder? The game seemed to play blazingly fast (too fast) in the video posted at toucharcade. Someone has to know something about it!
11-13-2008, 12:45 PM
Send a message via AIM to Renare
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybeo View Post
Where/How did you hear this? Why wouldn't it get approved I wonder? The game seemed to play blazingly fast (too fast) in the video posted at toucharcade. Someone has to know something about it!
I am just guessing about this Quake port... However, on the front page of macrumors.com, Arn posted an article that included a statement that id software was coming out with 2 titles before the end of the year... I just don't know which 2 .

The reason it wouldn't get approved is because id software owns the game (he could use the engine, but not the actual game), but they are not the company releasing the port. This port is Zodttd who isn't affiliated with id. Therefore, he really doesn't have the authority to post this port unless id gave him the ok. But that doesn't seem feasible.
11-13-2008, 12:53 PM
renare,

I thought that the first episode was shareware, so could be distributed in something like this?