★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Crazy Hamster Ball - $1.99 > FREE

12-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Crazy Hamster Ball - $1.99 > FREE

12-08-2011, 08:19 AM
not worth even the download

I love this world!

12-08-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmulderino View Post
not worth even the download
yeah i found the game to be quite dull and boring. but i would not dismiss it completely for very little children

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
12-08-2011, 01:28 PM
Not Dull

As the developer I'm sorry to hear you say it's dull. I didn't want it to be too hard too early and scare people off.

It starts off fairly easy for the first 20 or so levels. But it gets pretty hard as you get into it.

How many levels did you play before you got bored? Did you get to the antigravity levels? Maybe I can make it a bit harder a bit earlier on.
12-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webtopia View Post
As the developer I'm sorry to hear you say it's dull. I didn't want it to be too hard too early and scare people off.

It starts off fairly easy for the first 20 or so levels. But it gets pretty hard as you get into it.

How many levels did you play before you got bored? Did you get to the antigravity levels? Maybe I can make it a bit harder a bit earlier on.
oh sorry! I've tried about 5 levels...ye,please could you make the game harder a bit earlier?
Then it will be more interesting!

I love this world!
12-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Not a bad little game, reminds me of FastBall, just not as hard. I'm only on the first few levels, but it's pretty fun so far! Not dull at all, IMO. Just my two copper coins.

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
12-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Quote:

hello! thank you for your response. i hope i didn't upset you much with my previous post.

i don't remember how many levels i played exactly, but i did cross the 20 level mark - that i know for sure (because at one point i checked the level select screen and i was in the third row iirc). it's not that the game is bad or anything, maybe it's more of the genre to blame. it's just not very exciting for me anymore, plus i already played a bunch of very similar games and variations in the past. oh, they didn't capture my attention for too long either, but at that time they somehow enjoyed the advantage of being new genre to me. there are just a lot of rolling ball games in the app store. i believe that for a game like this, in order to stand out, better to bring something new to the table. maybe even a few things.

maybe you can try adding grizzly bears and add a new pick up that turns your hamster ball into a ball full of confetti. stuff like that

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
12-08-2011, 01:51 PM
@ninjakid thanks. Yes it's a little similar to fastball but I've added a lot more features than just the power ups. I have anti-gravity, where you run along upside-down, teleportation and a few other tricks as well. In the higher levels it's more of a puzzle game than just skill like fastball. Especially if you try and collect all the apples.

It's only free until Monday then it will be paid. When I do a permanently free version I'll probably introduce all the features in earlier levels to give people a taste of the full game.
12-08-2011, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
hello! thank you for your response. i hope i didn't upset you much with my previous post.

I believe that for a game like this, in order to stand out, better to bring something new to the table. maybe even a few things.

maybe you can try adding grizzly bears and add a new pick up that turns your hamster ball into a ball full of confetti. stuff like that
Don't worry I'm not offended. Everyone has a right to their own opinion and it's good to get feedback.

I thought I'd made enough new features, like the "3 dimensional" aspect where you can see the future levels in the background, the different hamster modes (where you can collect items to unlock modes such as the little guy wearing a pink dress etc) and the game play features such as antigravity and teleportation.

But of course I can't keep everyone happy all the time. There's probably some people out there who think it's too hard.
12-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
@ninjakid thanks. Yes it's a little similar to fastball but I've added a lot more features than just the power ups. I have anti-gravity, where you run along upside-down, teleportation and a few other tricks as well. In the higher levels it's more of a puzzle game than just skill like fastball. Especially if you try and collect all the apples.
Quote:
I thought I'd made enough new features, like the "3 dimensional" aspect where you can see the future levels in the background, the different hamster modes (where you can collect items to unlock modes such as the little guy wearing a pink dress etc) and the game play features such as antigravity and teleportation.

But of course I can't keep everyone happy all the time. There's probably some people out there who think it's too hard.
Sounds like there's quite a lot of content in this game, can't wait to get deeper into the game! Thanks a bunch for the freebie!

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.