Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-30-2013, 12:44 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Default Eclipse 4X space strategy (by Big Daddy's Creations)

App Store info:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by BigDaddysCreations; 05-03-2013 at 10:03 AM..
Old 04-30-2013, 01:00 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Damn, I really thought it would take a little longer to get approved considering Appstore approvals generally take a week and Eclipse has a ton of content.

Got caught without an iTunes card

Last edited by VeganTnT; 04-30-2013 at 01:47 AM..
Old 04-30-2013, 01:26 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

!!! Diving into the game soon
Old 04-30-2013, 03:20 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Weird , when I search by app name it doesn't show up, but if I use App Store link here it does
Old 04-30-2013, 03:21 AM

Bought!!!
But now i have to go to work.

8 hours to read the manual
Old 04-30-2013, 03:25 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Absolutely loving it! I can't believe you're asking just 6.99 for this :-/ I've yet to fully experience the async gameplay, but the implementation itself is fantastic! Agricola and Le Havre are going to have some touch competition now
Old 04-30-2013, 04:30 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Just ton pull over what I was saying in the other thread.

Please note that I think this game is one of the most amazing games I've played on the iPad. It truly is. I'm just new to it and without having someone sit down to explain things step by step is making it a real struggle for me.

Anyway, my post and yes I plan on watching some videos and giving a good read of the manual:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
First.

Awesome.

Second.

I. Am. So. Lost. It's. not. Even. Funny.

As a newbie to this, the tutorial helped a bit, but then it just bailed on me and left me with so many questions. Because you have to actually EXIT THE GAME to get to the manual, it had me so confused that I wanted to cry =\

I'm not the brightest, so please keep that in mind... But this is a stupidly and insanely complex game. Without direct access to the manual without having to exit, without tooltip help, without a tutorial that doesn't bail when you go to look at the manual (the only option is to restart the whole thing), without more continued hand holding at the get go, it makes is so terrifically daunting for a newbie.

Just when I needed the most help, I got bailed on. It's like being in the middle of a fight with a demon and then your support person bailing without telling you how to kill it.

For example, I had many situations at the end where I had ships with 11 energy, they get attacked, I defend and then when I hit attack to return the shot, my ships just scoot away and that's that... I couldn't understand why it was happening, or what was happening. I'm really bummed, I SO BADLY want to get this game, it's so amazing but so confusing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Can you allow access to the manual from within the game and possibly have some sort of way to drill down info on screen? For example, I can see the enemy ships but unless I'm familiar with the intricacies of all the icons, I have to just guess what they are.

Some of my biggest confusions are figuring out what the details of icons are. I know some might be explained by going through the manual in detail more which I plan to do, but I had hoped the manual would have been more than a scrolling web document.

The undo button, does that do anything? I've tried to utilize it before ending my turn and I've never been able to get it to work.

As for the attacking question - these were the first attacks made on my ship. I did move them, but I don't think I moved all lf them. Maybe I did? But I didn't see any clear reasoning as to why they LET me attack and then when I pressed the button, they just Did the cha-cha off the screen and died. They didn't even get fully destroyed, I watched closely, but they just died.

The issue is that this game will attract a crazy number of people because of the well deserved hype for the game. But as it stands, the tutorial really barely scratches the surface and the manual is, well..

I will try watching some videos, but because how nuanced the entire gameplay is, because of the slightly massive interface differences a lot gets lost in translation.

So badly do I want to understand that I'll dance naked in the street to NKOTB
Old 04-30-2013, 04:45 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

I'll get back to you and try explaining the things you have problems with, but I don't really have the time to do it now.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:17 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Campaign mode?
Old 04-30-2013, 05:18 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm going to chime in and say the tutorial was fairly well done for a complex resource management game. The manual as well is neatly laid out and explains most things in a concise manner.