Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-07-2011, 11:04 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltMyTouch View Post
...Seriously?
Yep seriously I got something about not having the latest version of something called OpenGL. Yet I was able to download blitz just fine. Absolutely absurd,and now I can't even get bejeweled 2 again cause they pulled it in favor of this version that they can't even bother to make the idevice support consistent with the Blitz app.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:08 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Any IAP?
Old 12-07-2011, 11:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Then why not call it "3?" And as for price, we still don't know if this has IAP, do we?
I don't know why. But for the graphics and gameplay it is very similar to 3.

Classic mode is same as before.
ZEN mode is ENDLESS.
GoldMine mode is digging down and try as fast as you can.

In the computer, you can unlock more modes and puzzle mode too. I think it is not included in this version (I just played few levels). I think it is easier to add in the future update.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:09 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnt325 View Post
Any IAP?
I don't see IAP.
If you download the FREE Blitz, you can click the link and then the app will open directly.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:12 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinvy View Post
Phew, was worried for a second, i checked my purchased section on the app store, and bejeweled 2 + blitz was still there and can be downloaded, even though it's not available on the app store. Not buying this new app, the old one was good enough.
I cannot found my old one in the purchased area.

The new one is beautiful than old one. 3 play modes. Of course, the old one is good but it will not be any update.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:55 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I'm downloading it now - I'll post later about it.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:22 AM

Will they add the other modes from the PC version of bejewelled 3 (butterflies, the ice mode ??) etc?

Those would DEFININTELY make the new app worthwhile, even if they were IAP..
Old 12-08-2011, 01:55 AM

For those of you who are wondering about this new Bejeweled:

It's strikes me as a stripped down version of Bejeweled 3 for the computer. It has a couple new modes (Diamond Mine, Zen) and some of the mechanics are tweaked from B2 (swapping gems while others are falling, T's and L's forming a different type of gem than 4 in a row). Both of these are in B3, but not B2 on iOS. It doesn't have all of the modes though, like Quest mode is not there. There's also a leveling system in place that offers a little more incentive to continue playing other than high scores. Of course, there's retina graphics which make the game look a ton nicer too.

For $1, I think it's a worthwhile upgrade if you're a fan of the series. If you're looking for something wildly new and innovative, you're probably looking at the wrong genre. I wouldn't be surprised if Bejeweled 5 only seemed like a minor improvement over 1+2.

Even though it's only $1, I don't agree with them pulling B2 from the App Store. If they had just left that one in place, and released this new one, it'd just be a new Bejeweled release and everyone would be happy. Pulling the old version is usually a move done by companies trying to get people to buy the same thing twice, or when they switch to a freemium model for a particular game. In this case, this new app seems to offer enough to warrant a sequel, so I'm not sure why they opted for the shady route. Just my $0.02.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:32 AM
Developer
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

So one of the signs that EA took PopCap. I love their games, they are totally polished and full of small nice surprises, but this situation ? Why? I don't get it! I know that 0.99$ is not so much, but why anybody needs to pay twice ? Why they just don't bring 'big' update for regular paid Bejeweled 2 + Blitz and releasing Bejeweled Blitz for free... I know the answer of course, but I have some respect for my customers, so I'll never do such thing with Commander Pixman for example
Old 12-08-2011, 02:30 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
For those of you who are wondering about this new Bejeweled:

It's strikes me as a stripped down version of Bejeweled 3 for the computer. It has a couple new modes (Diamond Mine, Zen) and some of the mechanics are tweaked from B2 (swapping gems while others are falling, T's and L's forming a different type of gem than 4 in a row). Both of these are in B3, but not B2 on iOS. It doesn't have all of the modes though, like Quest mode is not there. There's also a leveling system in place that offers a little more incentive to continue playing other than high scores. Of course, there's retina graphics which make the game look a ton nicer too.

For $1, I think it's a worthwhile upgrade if you're a fan of the series. If you're looking for something wildly new and innovative, you're probably looking at the wrong genre. I wouldn't be surprised if Bejeweled 5 only seemed like a minor improvement over 1+2.

Even though it's only $1, I don't agree with them pulling B2 from the App Store. If they had just left that one in place, and released this new one, it'd just be a new Bejeweled release and everyone would be happy. Pulling the old version is usually a move done by companies trying to get people to buy the same thing twice, or when they switch to a freemium model for a particular game. In this case, this new app seems to offer enough to warrant a sequel, so I'm not sure why they opted for the shady route. Just my $0.02.
Is the Zen mode on this like the PC version where you can select all those different calming sounds effects?