App description: WANTED: Able-bodied recruits to fill a number of sudden... vacancies in the 153rd tiny tank battalion. Only the finest, bravest and buffest need apply. In return, we offer all the honour and glory you can eat, and a tiny, little tank of your very own.

Join the fray in Tank Riders, a 3D tank battle game, which combines vibrant, colourful graphics, fast-paced action and exploration to create a package that will charm everyone - from hard core gamers to wet-eared newbies.

Attack hordes of oncoming baddies with an arsenal of cannons, missiles and mortars!
Bounce shots off walls to hit lurking enemies before they have a chance to attack!
Blast through walls and charge ahead, or find hidden paths to sneak up on enemies unawares!

A challenging single-player campaign, downloadable levels and the ability to face off against friends and foes in frenzied multiplayer battles ensures an experience that will stay fresh and fun for a long time!

goiMot's comments:

12-07-2011, 10:18 PM
Am I the only one who can't seem to see pics or videos of this game?

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.

12-07-2011, 10:47 PM
The appinfo pictures aren't loading for me, but I can see them via the iTunes link. Video works fine.

It actually looks pretty good. The slower paced action gives it a bit of a Cannon Fodder vibe, which is definitely a good thing. I'm just wondering if it can match the tactical gameplay a bit closer or if the whole game is closer to a dual-stick shooter.

It also mentions downloadable levels, so I'm wondering just how many are in the game by default and how these downloadable ones work exactly. It doesn't mention an editor, so do they mean updates, an online repository of developer-made levels we can choose from, IAP, or what?

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
12-07-2011, 10:50 PM
This does look good. It says there's multiplayer, but there's no GC. Anyone know if multiplayer is only local?

Twitter: @back2this
12-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
It also mentions downloadable levels, so I'm wondering just how many are in the game by default and how these downloadable ones work exactly. It doesn't mention an editor, so do they mean updates, an online repository of developer-made levels we can choose from, IAP, or what?
I could not find any downloadable levels or IAP. It may be because it sometimes takes a little extra time for IAPs to show up for a new game. There's a tutorial level and two separate campaigns. I didn't actually unlock the campaigns yet, so I don't know how long they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
This does look good. It says there's multiplayer, but there's no GC. Anyone know if multiplayer is only local?
There is online multiplayer through Polarbit servers. You need to create an account using a valid email address. Leaderboards and achievements seem to be handled via these same servers. No Game Center. No OpenFeint.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
12-08-2011, 08:15 AM
The game looks fun, but I'm bummed it doesn't have Gamecenter and use that for online multiplayer. Also I don't think the video shows the online multiplayer at all. How well does the online work?
12-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Looks really good - will buy when I get home. Reminds me of a wii game...
12-08-2011, 02:47 PM
Oh man I made the upcoming thread to this and still forgot about it. Definitely getting this!
12-08-2011, 03:19 PM
I bought a while ago. It was called Gesundheit!HD Nah,waiting for the Reckless Racing 2.
12-11-2011, 08:55 AM
damn this one slipped under everyone's radar, didn't it.

Really, TOP NOTCH game! But I haven't been able to have one multiplayer match after about an hour and a half of waiting during 5 different times of the day... can not find ONE other person to play with... =o(

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass