★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

To-Fu 2 --> FREE

12-08-2011, 04:44 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
To-Fu 2 --> FREE

Ascension BeatHazard Carcassonne DungeonRaid ElderSign
GreedyBankers Helsing'sFire NimbleStrong PhoenixWright Poison TiltToLive
12-08-2011, 05:14 AM
No intrusive ads (unlike the predecessor)

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!

12-08-2011, 07:03 AM
also to-fu 2 free eh?
Waiting for ads with the next update...bad thing LOL

I love this world!
12-08-2011, 10:06 AM
So the new update for To-Fu 2 is out. iTunes description of the update says "5 extra trials". Of course they don't mention ads are also a bonus feature... Surprise! How pathetic can you get... Another paid app filled with ads. Do not update this one people.
12-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunlock View Post
So the new update for To-Fu 2 is out. iTunes description of the update says "5 extra trials". Of course they don't mention ads are also a bonus feature... Surprise! How pathetic can you get... Another paid app filled with ads. Do not update this one people.
I knew it. This dev is shameless. Made the mistake of updating the first To-Fu. Won't fool me again with this update. Once I'm finished with it, I'm also finished with Hotgen.
12-08-2011, 10:43 AM
Quote:
What, I don't see any ads!

12-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
I knew it. This dev is shameless. Made the mistake of updating the first To-Fu. Won't fool me again with this update. Once I'm finished with it, I'm also finished with Hotgen.
It's a shame, really. These are well-made games, and the dev has to resort to making them free and adding ads to try and make money.

Not being upfront about adding ads is inexcusable, though. Hiding that behind a content update should be banned by Apple.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
12-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caanerud View Post
It's a shame, really. These are well-made games, and the dev has to resort to making them free and adding ads to try and make money.
I don't have a problem with free games supported by ads. I do have a problem with a dev changing paid games to do so, however.

If they want to go that route, release a separate ad-supported version and keep those who supported you happy with the original.

These ads (well, at least in the original To-Fu) were also deterimental to gameplay.
12-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
What, I don't see any ads!

Reviews on iTunes confirm that ads are added. Other games from Hotgen got ads recently so I'm not surprised To-fu 2 got them too. I'm not updating the game anyway.
12-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Reviews on iTunes confirm that ads are added. Other games from Hotgen got ads recently so I'm not surprised To-fu 2 got them too. I'm not updating the game anyway.
Yeah other games have ads but I really don't see ads on my to-fu 2. WITH wi-fi enabled. Guess I'm just lucky