★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Football Manager Handheld 2012 (Universal)

12-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Football Manager Handheld 2012 (Universal)

Football Manager Handheld™ 2012 is designed specifically for iOS devices and allows you to take control of the greatest job on earth wherever you are and whenever you want. You decide who plays and who sits on the bench, you're in total control of tactics and substitutions as you follow the match live. YOU make the difference!

This year, as well as a host of new features, there is a completely new way of playing Football Manager! The brand new Challenge Mode, allows you to play short-term scenarios, which place you in a certain managerial situation with a clear challenge to achieve your goal….

Challenges:
“The Saviour Cometh” – Your team are in a relegation battle half way through the season. Can you take the reins and guide them to safety?
“Injury Crisis” – Your team are swamped with injury problems leading to most of your first team players being on the treatment table. Can you keep the results coming in and avoid getting the sack?
“Unrest at Home” – Your appointment as manager has left some senior players unhappy. How will you handle the egos? Can you avoid being sacked before the end of the season by still achieving the board's ambitions?
“The Invincibles” – You’ve gone on a long run without losing. Can you cement your place in history by going the full season unbeaten?

(All of these challenges can be played using any club in the game except for “The Saviour Cometh”, which is playable with any club in a league with relegation.)

What else is new?
Updated Leagues, Competitions & Transfers - for the 2011/12 season, plus the addition of the Corbett Sports Welsh Premier League, and Blue Square Bet North & South.

Fully customisable tactics – Use drag and drop to create your own unique formations and perfect your tactics.

Apple TV Mirror Support – Playable in HD on a HD TV using the Apple TV Mirroring system for iPad 2 & iPhone 4s and a new generation Apple TV.

Star Players – Helps you to easily identify the three key players in other squads.

Social Networking – Send updates direct to friends directly from the game via Twitter and, for the first time, Facebook

Improved User Interface – Various updates with more graphical emphasis on newspaper items, sorting on shortlist page, visibility of future transfers, transfer window rules page and lots more.

Plus, improved match view, more media interaction, shareable shortlists and search filters and lots more!

12-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Full change list for the game ...

#3.0.1 FMHi 2012 - Initial Release
Retina display resolution support implemented
AppleTV Mirror support implemented
Added Welsh League
Added Conference North & South to English Leagues
Added Graphical Emphasis News Items
Added Achievements
Added Challenges
Drag & Drop tactic editing implemented (non-match)
Implemented Facebook posting
Tuned database generation algorithm
Tuned manager team selection AI
Tuned transfer system AI
Added more player happiness explanations
Tuned player attribute progression
Tuned player attribute reactions to form and training
Added option for assistant to handle loaning out reserves
Added loading & saving for shortlists
Added loading & saving for search filters
Tuned youth player generation rates slightly
Tuned ability and potential of human sons
Added more coach feedback on players
Allow selection of any active club for management at game start
Display 'Star Players' for non-human managed teams
Add Totals to player history page
Various UI flow improvements
Added confirmation dialog when clearing shortlist
Improved international call-up feedback
Allowed players to refuse international call-ups
Improve calculation of international attendances
Added transfer window visualisation page
Allowed users to offer transfer values above 65m
Tuned wages allowed for big-name players
Added ability for players to skive training
Added Game Status page
Tuned assistant manager team reports
Fix retention of inverted scrolling option when starting new game
Fix retention of big-scrollbars when starting new game
Added lots more media interaction and variety
Prevent retirements when active in national squad
Stopped shortlists clearing when you move between jobs
Allow sorting on shortlist page
Match display tweaked and tuned
Added injury insurance compensation for unexpected big name retirements
Display future signings in club transfer page
Display ratings for players subbed out on sub page
Tuned big club interest in a manager after European success
Improved general transfer system AI
Improved award decision making
Hundreds of other minor tweaks and fixes

PS - As always if anyone has any questions post them and I'll do my best to help.

12-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Hi,
really a nice update! After the first two hours I can say this is still the best manager for the iDevice ...

iPad Pro | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6s Plus

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
12-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Blue Square South - YESS!!!

Will definitely get this years (as I do every year since 93 I think it was )

3DS Favourites -
IOS favourites - Dead Space, Xcom, Shadowrun.
Multiplayer ID - Magnum0ik (use a zero)
12-08-2011, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
Hi,
really a nice update! After the first two hours I can say this is still the best manager for the iDevice ...
Glad you're enjoying the game - thanks for the kind words
12-09-2011, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post

PS - As always if anyone has any questions post them and I'll do my best to help.
Are there any plans to support iCloud cross-device save games?
12-09-2011, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatizo View Post
+1!

12-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatizo View Post
The reason I didn't do cloud based saves initially is because I'm a bit nervous about it - the FMH save games are quite large (3Mb) in size which means if someone saves and loads from the cloud frequently they could easily eat up quite a large amount of a data allowance over the course of a month.

Save loading and saving twice a day - 2 x 3Mb x 30 = 120Mb

At this time I'm not certain how many people have 'what size' data allowances commonly and rather than risk people accidentally running up a big data bill accidentally I thought it better to do more research into things first ...

(if all looks good on that front then I'll try and integrate this into a future update/version at some point)
12-10-2011, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
The reason I didn't do cloud based saves initially is because I'm a bit nervous about it - the FMH save games are quite large (3Mb) in size which means if someone saves and loads from the cloud frequently they could easily eat up quite a large amount of a data allowance over the course of a month.

Save loading and saving twice a day - 2 x 3Mb x 30 = 120Mb

At this time I'm not certain how many people have 'what size' data allowances commonly and rather than risk people accidentally running up a big data bill accidentally I thought it better to do more research into things first ...

(if all looks good on that front then I'll try and integrate this into a future update/version at some point)
Please, integrate it... You can prompt user about Cloud save... User can ask yes or not... We decide for us...

iPhone 6 + 4S + iPad 3 + Mac Mini

GameCenter: dadiduekappa
12-11-2011, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadiduekappa View Post
Please, integrate it... You can prompt user about Cloud save... User can ask yes or not... We decide for us...
+1 ... I think also that it would be the best way to let the User choose if he want to save only local or not. Most of the time I play my game at home on the iPad ... but it would be great to have the same game with me on my iPhone ...
Right now I am just playing on my iPad because I don't want to play three games the same time: iPad, PC Version and iPhone ...